The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• Must admit that my reluctance was due in no small part to his stint at Sunderland, my wife’s family are staunch Sunderland fans so it is probably not surprising.

You can look back dispassionately at all his prior jobs and make a judgement but his time at Sunderland was felt, rightly or wrongly, very personally by many around me.

I have checked in on my humble pie and it is still there, untouched but I have checked on it.

Staying calm and carrying on ;wink
  • I didn’t want anyone.

Apart from Billy Bonds.

Goes back to his gloomy place with the donkey from Winnie the Pooh.
  • To be honest I was relieved when Bilic was let go, for both our club and Bilic himself. He looked, especially this season like a defeated man, with no idea how to make things work.
    I should add that as a player he was great, but that doesn’t always transfer to being a manager. The club made the right decision at the right time to let him go.
  • I wanted Moyes ;wahoo

We're only 5 points above relegation still so i wouldn't get too excited just yet... ;whistle
  • edited January 2018

I wanted Moyes ;wahoo

We're only 5 points above relegation still so i wouldn't get too excited just yet... ;whistle
    That's not good, is it?

Now, if we were only 6 points off 8th, that would be something to be cheered up about...
  • Seriously, in terms of form, for last 6 games we are 6th , and last 10 we are 8th, which I think shows just how much our form/results have improved under Moyes.

• It's a case of if you want to believe or not.
  • Suzanne

Ek glo
    Ngiyakholwa

The A to Z of I believe ;angel
  • Just check the fixtures we have 9 homes games and only 6 away games left
  • I wanted Moyes ;wahoo

That's not good, is it?

Now, if we were only 6 points off 8th, that would be something to be cheered up about...
    You don't change divisions by finish 8th, G. You do by finishing 18th though.
    Would be wrong to be complacent and assume we're safe
  • Not sure anyone has 'assumed' we are safe.

I was simply offering the other view; our glass can be seen as half full or half empty, as one chooses to look at it.

When Slav left, we were still only 6 points off 8th, but 1 point from 17th, and in the bottom 3.

In 11 games we had collected 9 points, with a -12 GD

In 12 games Moyes has taken 16 points with a 0 GD

I think we can all agree there has been a significant improvement.
  • I'll go on record as one who assumes we are safe (I now think there are at least 3 teams worse than us and at least 3 who will continue to do worse than us). ;wahoo If you'd have asked me a few games back, I wouldn't have formed that opinion yet....
  • I agree that I believe we will be safe for the same reasons that Baz mentioned above, however I think that WHU have at least one more scare up their sleeve that will worry me before this season is out.

COYI
  • Big sams 1000th league game tomorrow, the games most decorated manager sir Alex says what makes him a top manager is his ability to get results for what’s at his disposal, ah well what do we know ;whistle
  • Watford sack there manager now as well
  • Watford sack Marco Silva
  • ;hmm

He was reportedly our No1 target when we binned off Slav.

Can't see him getting a job in the PL before the summer.

I wonder...
  • And without naming Everton they saying the distraction became too much etc, they were supposedly offered many millions by Everton , perhaps they should have taken it then...
  • Makes you wonder who Watford think they are
  • edited January 2018
    Watford owners have always been basket cases when it comes to managers...

Since they took over (2012, in the summer) when Dyche was manager, they have had 8 managers. That's 8 managers in 5 and a half seasons.
  • edited January 2018
    That club statement. The Club is convinced the appointment of Silva was the right one and had it not been for the unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival for his services we would have continued to prosper under his leadership.

In other words, there was nothing wrong with our decision making, it's all Everton's fault. ;hmm

(PS. Hull fans will no doubt be chortling over their cornflakes at this turn of events. )
  • wow... Watford do love a sacking don’t they....

Stoke already struggled to find someone to fill the job...

I wonder if it will be sparky....
  • The front runner is Javi Gracia, nope, I've never heard of him either. He formerly managed Rubin Kazan and Malaga.
  • ;hmm

He was reportedly our No1 target when we binned off Slav.

Can't see him getting a job in the PL before the summer.

I wonder...

What on earth would we want with him? He got Hull relegated last season and was doing his utmost to follow suit with Watford this year.
  • I'm not saying we should go for him. Or that the board will.

But it also wouldn't surprise me if they did.
  • OCS

I'd be really surprised if they didn't appoint Moyes and his team on a 2 year contract.
  • And know I didn’t want him but I believe he’d deserve it with some of the football we playing along with the results fa cup excluded