The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• I've no doubt Mr Coleman is a perfectly nice man, but when I hear him talking I can only think that he is trying to gargle marbles.
  • Humpty dumpty was pushed, so why not Sunderland.

Yeah, but Humpty crossed the Gambino brothers ;biggrin
  • Expat, are you saying he left the Gambino brothers with egg on their face? ;wink
  • I once worked with a nice lady who was famous for such utterances,

“The trouble with this place is that we have too many chiefs and not enough cowboys” - believe me we had no shortage of cowboys.

And my personal favorite

“If we are not careful we will find ourselves up the wall without a paddle”

Well it made me laugh

;lol
  • I had a football manager and in the dressing room before the match said remember the three cs COOL, CALM and DETERMINED
  • My favourite - "there's none so blind as them what won't listen". ;lol
  • I had a football manager who all ways used to say, "Don't worry lads, it's all bridge under the water".
  • Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce, according to Sky Sports News.

You can see where this is going...
  • Please not before Wednesday !!
  • He may be there to look at the work needed
  • Looks like Allardyce is in the frame for the Everton job.

Same old men doing the rounds.
  • Mail reports Sam could be named tomorrow as manager.
  • That be Everton safe then imo
  • If so you would have Moyes back at his old club, Sam back at his with neither set of fans (I suspect) too happy at the appointment of either. Everton will no doubt feel less likely to have relegation woes now but it must be a million miles from what they expected at the start of the season, that Big Sam would be their manager by Christmas to help them stave off relegation.

No doubt both managers will relish the chance of getting one over their old club.
  • Same old firefighters keeping teams up and leaving them in better positions than when he took over
  • Everton will be money for old rope for Sam and nothing like his task at Sunderland or Palace. He will have them safe by the end of January.
  • Isn't it disappointing how the same old managers keep getting jobs in the PL?
  • alderz said:

Isn't it disappointing how the same old managers keep getting jobs in the PL?

I believe it’s because of the financial implications that occurs if teams are relegated, and some of the managers have proven track records of getting clubs safe, I wouldn’t put Moyes in that category but only because he doesn’t have that record on his cv
  • alderz said:

Isn't it disappointing how the same old managers keep getting jobs in the PL?

I trust Moyes is part of this "old" group..

• alderz

I'd say that's a perception, rather than a fact.

https://www.premierleague.com/managers

Separately, it is hardly surprising that clubs who sack managers mid-season (who are almost always in trouble) turn to managers who have proven experience.
  • edited November 2017
    I think the 'same old' is more of a perception than a reality.

De Boer, Pellegrino, Klopp, Guardiola, Bilic, Wagner, Conte. All working as Pl managers this season, all came from outside the PL.

Koeman, Puel, Silva, Pocchettino. All managers this season who had just 1 previous PL job.

(Edit: I had the same idea as grey. But he posted 1st. ;weep)
  • Would anyone swap the last season as UP for keeping BFS for a futher 3 seasons??

Personally I would rather have BFS than Moyes as this stage.
  • The jury is out on that one, Sam did quite well for us and I personally think that he will do the job at Everton, if appointed, they are certainly in a mess but they have a good squad of players and they just need to steady the ship and I think they will be fine.

I suspect the feeling is that Sam would definitely keep us up, I actually feel that Moyes has enough about him to ensure that he will also keep us up, that does not mean that I feel he is the man for us long term.

As for the last season at UP, there are many who wish it had not been our last season and I count myself among them, however, it was and there is no going back now so onwards and upwards is really our only option.

Let us hope it is upwards ;wink
  • and who goes down at the expense of us staying up and Everton staying up. 3 teams lose out.
  • Plenty of choice atm, Yeold:

Palace, WBA, Swansea, Stoke, Newcastle for now, and one or two clubs normally come tumbling down as the season goes on.
  • I think it will be tight at the bottom this year as teams such as Brighton and Huddersfield who may have been in most peoples pool of strugglers have made a great start and have a cushion at present and confidence.

I think West Brom have taken a risk in sacking Pulis mid season and may get drawn in, Swansea don't look good although I have a feeling Palace may pick up a few points under Hodgson. I think we are incredibly vulnerable as it stands at the moment and for me there will be two factors in that we must not be cut off too far come Christmas and I can certainly see us in the bottom two come Christmas day, and we need spend properly in January. If however we can be where we are now at Christmas and bring in a couple of solid signings in midfield and up front I think we will pull away to safety.

At the moment I see it as Swansea, West Brom and ourselves but I feel we can do something about that at present as this is on current performance, and I think we have a lot more to give than others who will also be in the mix.
  • c&b

Spending in Jan very, very rarely gets you value, or the players you really need.

Unless we have a shocking run of injuries (entirely possible... ;weep ) or can get a genuine target in (e.g. Carvalho, or a player Moyes has prioritised) I don't see the point in buying for the sake of it.

We all keep saying the position we are in is not reflective of the quality of players we have.

If Moyes has to buy big in Jan, perhaps we've all been wrong?
  • Eight points separating Palace in 20th from Brighton 9th and Saints 10th
    Eight points between Watford in 8th and Manchester United in 2nd
    Eight points City clear at the top of the table

How very odd.....
  • edited November 2017
    Pardew set to be named West Brom Boss later today according to sky sports
  • Cuz1 said:

Pardew set to be named West Brom Boss later today according to sky sports

Appointed, no surprise there