The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• Well the late great Brian clough lasted a whole 44 day’s there so I wouldn’t rate my chances in the hot seat
  • Rob Dorsett: “We saw you at the League 2 play-off final, is that the level of players you are looking at.”

Frank Lampard: “I'm also going to the World Cup....that doesn't mean I'm signing Lionel Messi.”

———

;clap
  • In the pub I run in derby they all seem to be willing frank to do well at derby county
  • Surely he's forgiven after all this time ;biggrin
  • Me personally never had a problem with him, don’t know what others think though
  • No problem with Frank Jr either. I admire what hes done in the game and the effort put in.
  • No problem with Little Frank, as we'd just sacked his dad and his uncle it was no surprise he wanted away plus we got £11m for him.
  • And he had been on a diet
  • Yes did well for a fat lad, 106 caps and a premier league record holder of 160 odd games consecutive tells me he was fit professional determined and had ability simples
  • Didn’t help that Terrence Brown showed Frank Jnr little effort that he wanted to keep him either (frank mentioned it in his book)

Never understood the hatred for him, right from an early age he got flack
  • It's because people thought he was getting a easy ride into the first team because of family.

He was also kind of chubby which supported that theory....

He also did improve massively when he went to Chelsea, he worked on his game big time...
  • They were probably the people that turned up to the Q&A one year and Harry told them he was going to the very top, after they questioned how he was getting in the team over “x”........all because they watched the reserves, they may of watched the reserves they may of watched every game ever, doesn’t mean they actually understand it
  • Zidane leaves Real Madrid, only one man for the job....

CBA06AA1-0058-466A-83DC-7F39FB755E00
  • It's because people thought he was getting a easy ride into the first team because of family.

He was also kind of chubby which supported that theory....

He also did improve massively when he went to Chelsea, he worked on his game big time...

Although his goal to game ratio with us was pretty good too
  • Cuz,
    Haters are going to hate, even when the reason they say they hate, is no longer valid.
  • Can’t stand Frank Lampard. John Moncur was so much better.
  • Thort frank was better than moncur in every way but guess it’s all about opinions
  • Games all about opinions but just a glance at Franks record, achievements, career etc shows he was in a different league. Actually more than a different league

#IMO
  • He was definitely in a different league 2003/04, 2004/05 and 2011/12
  • Darren Ferguson as left Doncaster now
  • I wonder how fans of China Hebei Fortune feel about their manager, Pellegrini, being succeeded by Chris Coleman??..
  • edited June 2018
    Baracks, rubbery ;poormf ;biggrin
    ;yercoat
  • Baz, you know that explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog - it dies in the process ;biggrin

But anyway here goes -
    Baracks asked "I wonder how fans of China Hebei Fortune feel about their manager, Pellegrini, being succeeded by Chris Coleman??"

Their reply is "Lovely" but sounding like the Chinese guy's answer to the waiter's enquiry "How was your chicken, sir?"

Get it? Hence rubbery and the headless chicken emoji...

And Image, can't quite understand the "excellent" reaction to Baz's post. ;hmm
  • Correction
    Sorry Image, I mistook Munich's pic for yours.

Munich, can't quite understand the "excellent" reaction to Baz's post.
  • I might end up like the frog trying to explain that one. ;lol
  • I got it straight away... I'm old enough to have watched Benny Hill in an era when such things weren't deemed racist or politically incorrect (as the latter term probably wasn't even coined then)

The ;hmm (maybe I shouldve just typed 'hmm') was a wonder as to whether that post would get deleted by mods

No judgment (and it didn't offend me), just the wonder

As for the explanation of the 'excellent' by my reply... Aren't all my postings excellent? ;wink
  • Bubbles - might just have pressed that without noticing. Mobiles and fat fingers, you know ;wink
  • Moyes reportedly on a 3 man shortlist for the fenabace coaches job