The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• I went onto the Everton boards before and after our game, and they absolutely despised him, way beyond the general feeling among West Ham fans (which was much more split).

There was quite an odd sense of entitlement from the Everton fans, which was quite odd, seeing as they haven't been a team challenging at the very top of the league in 30 years.

They'll get Silva now, who will be excellent for 10 games and then take them sliding back down the league. And I for one will be delighted to watch it.
  • Well at the moment there is a legal dispute as Watford accused Everton of tapping up and are also suing Silva.
  • I’m not sure I understand why they disliked him so much so quickly, it took our lot 2 years to get to that point and then be threw a spanner in the works by getting 5th in season 4 by Xmas.

Why is it EFC fans got so frustrated so quickly when they were in a relegation spot he arrived......

Perhaps you’re right Jorderz they have a sense of entitlement that they’d never go down?
  • Everton were 13th when Sam took control. They were 17th when he was appointed but his 1st game in charge was the game following our 4-0 defeat which took them to 13th. They won his 1st game and went 10th and were never in trouble again.
  • SCHB

I’d venture to say that a lot of our supporters took a dislike to Sam before he was even appointed!
  • As they did with Moyes.
  • So we are letting disgruntled fans choose the manager to avoid any upset?
  • Who knows but would they have kept Moyes on if there hadn't been all the protests I wonder.
  • I think Sam was immediately disliked by Everton fans because we were very vocal as to why some in the club didn’t want him. They must have had a preconception before he arrived.
  • SCHB

I’d venture to say that a lot of our supporters took a dislike to Sam before he was even appointed!

Well there is that, but plenty and I would say the majority were okay for it to play out, once the polls started by the 16 website to get rid and they didn’t do it, that’s when it was “broken”
  • Who knows but would they have kept Moyes on if there hadn't been all the protests I wonder.

What protests? Burnley? That wasn’t against Moyes it was against the board and their failings in general
  • sweepy23 said:

I think Sam was immediately disliked by Everton fans because we were very vocal as to why some in the club didn’t want him. They must have had a preconception before he arrived.

I reckon they all talked to our lot first lol
  • As they did with Moyes.

Different situation I think, many saw Sam as a means to an end after a disastrous appointment with Grant

With Moyes it was almost “meh” after the love affair with Slav
  • Slave as I said on another thread Sully probably wouldn't see that the protests were against him.
  • Sam is Sam's biggest fan! ;wink
  • Not sure how he couldn’t tbh....hence the calls for unity and meetings with fan groups
  • edited May 2018
    Everton have appointed a new DOF who will (according the BBC report) work with their new Chief Executive (appointed yesterday) to appoint the new manager.

Interesting way of doing things... owner distancing himself so no blame attaches?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44145240
  • What will happen if the new manager
    doesn't do very well in the first 10 games.
    Will the fans try and get rid of him, too?
    The trouble with a minority of our fans is they want everything yesterday and are not prepared to wait for a new manager to put their stamp on the team.
  • The fans haven't got rid of Moyes, the board has.
  • Don't you think the board don't check out all the forums?
    Negativity rules on most of them
  • edited May 2018
    It's symptomatic of the modern game, Dee. I grew up in the John Lyall era but those days are gone; managers are a lot more transient than they used to be and unfortunately I don't think it'll ever go back.

I'd have liked Moyes to have stayed to try to give us some stability, but the way the game is, I'm not surprised he's gone. Social media has given the fans a huge voice, and clubs are very aware of that. What used to be a few grumbles in the pub about a manager's tactics are now voiced on the Internet and shared by thousands of people.

Football fans have always been fickle. Nowadays we're fickle and powerful, which isn't a particularly good combination, but has a big influence on decisions that clubs are making.
  • No Dee I don't.
  • OCS
    I totally agree with you.
    I am 72 in September and have been a fan since my Dad let me go to my first game at 13.
    I am used to the ups and down of the Hammers. Mainly downs, but I was at the old Wembley Stadium in 1965 when we beat TSV Munich 1860 in The European
    Cup Winners Cup.
    I was 19 then and my Dad got tickets through Standard Telephone Cables in Woolwich, where he worked as a millwright/storekeeper.
    They got a coachload to go to the game, I made my own way from work.
    On the coach back, we stopped at nearly every pub!
  • edited May 2018
    Carvalhal gone from Swansea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44138554
    Swansea are now hunting for a fifth permanent manager in two years.
  • Good dai mr moyes
  • Lambert leaves Stoke now as well
  • the departure of the ex-Aston Villa and Norwich boss leaves Stoke looking for a third manager in a year.
  • Someone said in the media months ago that they believed Mr Moyes wouldn't stay beyond the end of the season with us and would be the next Stoke manager even though Paul Lambert was in situ.
  • edited May 2018
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44171269

Newcastle lost £90 mil in the season getting promoted back to the PL , I doubt Rafa is going to get his £100 mil transfer kitty now

• McClaren in at QPR.