The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• According to German media, Thomas Tuchel, formerly of Borussia Dortmund, will be succeeding Arsene Wenger at arsenal next season.
  • Pardew gone
  • ;nonono

That's WBA planning for a Champo season.
  • Goodbye Mr Pardew.......taxi!
  • Lets hope they get a lift against Swansea on sat
  • Pardew record at WBA.....

1 win
    1 taxi stolen

7642E3A0-1E5E-42D8-880B-6465ABC44270
  • The manager discussion seems to be spreading ;biggrin

Please keep this thread for 'other clubs' discussion, as far as possible.

Thanks ;hug
  • Wenger gone at the end of the season
  • I`ll be sorry to see Wenger go. Sounds like a bit of a love in, but I have a huge amount of respect for Wenger. Always tried to play football the right way, has produced probably the best football I have seen in the English domestic leagues, (and that includes Man City this year) and produced my favourite footballer in the Premier League era, Thierry Henry. Great manager.
  • So Wenger says the timing of his departure was not his decision?

So in other words he was sacked? Is it too precious to come out and just say it? ;hmm

What will be said next I wonder? Maybe that Arsenal and Arsène have “consciously uncoupled”?
  • edited April 2018
    He actually said the timing of the exit announcement wasn't his decision. (BBC)
  • After I posted I saw that myself having re-read it. I knew for sure you would pull me up on it

;lol
  • Coleman sacked at Sunderland. If he was willing to stay that seems to be adding to the problem Imo. A real shame to see such an old, traditional well supported club handled so poorly by a disinterested and disengaged owner.

Hope they find new and competent leadership to bounce back.
  • The club has, apparently, been sold. And all debts cleared.
  • Be a good chance for someone to go in and win a medal first division champions surely
  • There goes Carvalhal.......

Glad Swansea have gone as their managerial shenanigans almost made it inevitable.
  • So they are clearly not too confident of putting 6 past stoke...
  • Looks that way.
  • Arteta new AFC manager?
  • Sky sports reporting allardyce sacked weds and replaced with Marco silva if they can strike a deal with him
  • Are we allowed to post non-sackings on this thread?

Chris Hughton has just signed a new deal at Brighton - well done to him and them...
  • Everton sack big sam
  • I remember when he first took over they allegedly offered him a contract till the end of season, he wanted longer and eventually they gave in, so he gets them out the whole they were in organising them and finished in 8th place and 4days later it’s goodbye, be careful what you wish for
  • He more than did what they needed, said it before he’s made a rather clever niche market for himself. They got themselves into that position and he comfortably got them out of it, cost them in the region of 6m for the privelege as well

They didn’t spend the last 2 months hovering around the bottom either
  • You have to feel a bit sorry for Sam. Teams know exactly what he brings to the table (us included) and when he delivers on that promise, they suddenly think they're better than him and promptly sack him.
    Inevitably, the succeeding manager usually doesn't last very long.
  • Moyes leaves West Ham
  • hope they have a plan for a replacement!
  • MIA, I agree completely, Sam is a walking billboard in that he does what it says on the tin, I think that Sam would agree that Everton was probably his easiest rescue act as they certainly had quality within the team and just needed some stability, which Sam brought

However, they had only managed two wins out of nine prior to Sams arrival and they had got themselves into a bit of a mess but I had no doubt that Sam would get them back on track.