Other games 8th - 10th Sept - and midweek European games 12th - 14th

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Hopefully one day Roger's head goes so far up himself he disappears completely.
  • Not sure on the Roger hate unbeaten with celtic last season. Big achievement.
  • I think he's a decent manager.

I just also think he's detestably smug and self-important.
  • Personally I dislike him as a person, due to his arrogant self serving attitude, and I also think he's overrated as a manager. I'm not saying he's a bad manger, just that he's certainly not as good as he thinks he is. Whilst I commend his efforts with Celtic, let's be honest it's been a one team league for quite a few years now, and his financial backing is almost the same as the rest of the league combined.
  • edited September 2017
    Might be a one team league but i cant remember many other one league teams going unbeaten recently.
  • What other 1 team leagues?
  • edited September 2017
    I think Rodgers is a decent (mediocre) manager.

I also think he is a buffoon, who has confused prolixity with erudition.

I don't see these as contradictory views.

I don't hate him, but I do think he makes himself look ridiculous.
  • edited September 2017
    I think that could be the first time I've seen that word - worthy of Will Self or Martin Amis ;biggrin
  • NE if you mean prolixity then Rodgers has it in abundance and he's not alone.
  • Sadio Mane: Liverpool to appeal against length of ban after red card.

His ban could be reduced by one or two matches if the appeal is successful.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said on Saturday that neither he nor City counterpart Pep Guardiola thought Mane should have been sent off.

Match of the Day pundits Alan Shearer, Gary Lineker and Ian Wright all said they would have gone for the ball, while Chris Sutton told Match of the Day 2 that Mane's red card should be rescinded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41232863

On what basis can they ask for the 3 match ban to be reduced if being sent of for the offence he was sent off for warrants a 3 match ban?

• edited September 2017
    Exactly, suz.

If they think it wasn't a red card offence, why not appeal the red card?

Straight red for a dangerous tackle automatically gets 3 match ban minimum. That's the laws of the game. It can be lengthened if it is a really bad offence, and then I suppose a club might appeal that the ban was excessive.

It's hard to see how Liverpool can argue that Mane wasn't endangering the GK. The player ended up with 8 stitches in his face.
  • What if it's considered a 'frivolous' appeal? ;wink
  • and they added another match on..... Oh no that would be terrible.... ;biggrin
  • That wasn't exactly a 3-pipe problem. ;lol

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41232863
    Liverpool have lost their appeal over the length of Sadio Mane's three-match ban
  • Jolly good ;biggrin
  • But Pep and Klopp said it wasn't a red ;nonono
  • No it was a crimson!
  • Why wasn't the ban extended for frivolous appeal?
  • A good question Sir....
  • I wonder if Liverpool used the "The keeper was outside his area" argument? ;hmm
  • Does that make him fair game then? ;lol
  • Everton getting a shellacking...

3 down at half time against Atalanta.
  • Maybe Rooney can steer them towards a comeback...
  • Everton's defence.

IMG_0501
  • edited September 2017
    Not been a good week for Scousers (red or blue) has it ;lol
    Shame ;weep ;biggrin
  • #gutted

Not really... ;biggrin
  • edited September 2017
    Arsenal shenanigans. Seems like loads of Arsenal fans decided to cash in on the desperation of the many ticket-less Cologne fans... sold them their tickets in the home end. Now there's not really any segregation.

I can see it ending in tears.
  • If this had been us, it would be wall to wall coverage.