International break matches

Comments

• My mother was a sweaty sock so I would like to see them there. Then if we draw them give them a good tonking ;lol
  • My Dad was born in a small village in Ayrshire but had the sense to move to Dagenham when he was 3 months old.
  • edited September 2017
    Watching Italy v Israel, in Italy. The first half saw Italy with almost 80% of the posession but seemingly unable to get the final shot on target. A bit like Arsenal of old......thirty passes and wanting to walk the ball into the net ;whistle
  • All action in the second half and they've scored. The Italian manager still looks like they are losing ten nil
  • One of the Italians is called Immobile (the scorer in fact). Perhaps West Ham could borrow his shirt.........but who to give it to
  • well Ireland need to beat Wales now
  • One of the Italians is called Immobile (the scorer in fact). Perhaps West Ham could borrow his shirt.........but who to give it to

Weren't we 'linked' with him in a bygone window?
  • MrsGrey said:

One of the Italians is called Immobile (the scorer in fact). Perhaps West Ham could borrow his shirt.........but who to give it to

Weren't we 'linked' with him in a bygone window?
    yeah but it didn't go anywhere.
  • Immobile's good in Italy, won Serie A Golden Boot twice but not so good elsewhere.

He had one season with Borussia Dortmund but only scored three goals in 24 league appearances. He was given a season long loan with Sevilla, activated a buyout clause after playing 5 games, scored 4 in 15 but was loaned back to Torino in January.

A bit like Brakespear's, a fantastic pint when drunk in Henley but doesn't travel well
  • England team to play Slovenia at Wembley: Hart, Walker, Bertrand, Dier, Cahill, Stones, Sterling, Henderson, Kane, Rashford, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

On ITV.

(Thankfully, Chris Twaddle is confined to Radio 5 ;phew )
  • But unfortunately we have Glen twaddoll who is dull diddly dull dull.
  • Danny Baker has tweeted recently about Hoddle's inaudibility, suggesting if he ever sat behind him, he'd ask him if he knew the deceased.
  • Dier and Henderson make Noble look totally gung-ho!
  • edited October 2017
    Starting think to some England player are a bit dim - why pass to in a congested area
  • Not the worst England game I have ever seen, but it’s probably top 10. ;weep
  • This is the first England match I have seen in over a year. Still as woeful as ever.

England to win the World Cup... ;lol
  • Very boring match. However, Harry Kane clearly is a class striker.
  • Don't know why I bovvered.....
  • A big up for big joe ;clap
  • It could be worse. Argentina have fallen out of the qualifying spots with one game left.
  • Outcast, that could mean that there's less chance of Manu getting injured ;biggrin
  • So we managed to beat the mighty Slovenia 1-0, all be it in the last minute of
    added time.Southgate must of been ecstatic with that result.
    Mooro and Co must be turning in there graves after watching that debacle.
  • The only piece of solid advice I would give anyone is don't go to Russia.

It's expensive, there is a good chance you will get your head kicked in, and we're maybe getting out of the group nothing more.

Henderson and Dier in MF is like watching Inesta and Xavi minus well just about everything... I know they are both DM's but at least of them should be able to pass the ball forward under pressure.

Is there not one English CM left?? A guy that can do a bit of everything in the MF.
  • I am shocked that the FA are that inept to even put that in the contract. I could have qualified England from that group and that is saying nothing whatsoever of my coaching abilities as it would have applied to virtually every football fan in the country. All that needed happen was to pick the best eleven you fancied and say 'go on lads out you go, best of luck'. These are Premiership players who have been coached by the best all their lives and hopefully are motivated by the shirt. The idea Garath Southgate did anything is just silly.

By all means incentivise the actual tournament as that is actually competitive, which is why under Southgate we will likely struggle and make every match look hard work and then fail against the first decent side we meet.

Life as a follower of the national side for you.
  • As for 3m per year surely he would have snapped their hand off for half that, it's not as though they had to prize him away from a current management job or beat better offers, he had reached the end of his upper tier management life.
  • He was in the driving seat as there were no alternatives so why wouldn't he drive a hard bargain?

The fact that he has taken the team further backwards, since Hodgson went, in itself is worthy of a bonus as most thought that was impossible. ;doh
  • Away from Europe

At 10am on Tuesday (8pm local time) Australia play Syria in the second leg of the AFC playoff with the score at 1-1.

USA need to beat or draw with Trinidad & Tobago on Tuesday to qualify, if they lose and Panama beat Costa Rica (they've already qualified) then the USA will be in the playoffs against one of the African nations who don't play their last qualifiers until November.

In Africa no one has qualified so far but they all play this weekend. The big game is Nigeria v Zambia, 1st v 2nd in Group B, if Nigeria win they qualify. In Group C Ivory Coast are top but could only draw against Mali yesterday so Morocco could go top if they beat Gabon tonight which would set up a decider on 6th November when Morocco visit Ivory Coast. Egypt and Tunisia look set to qualify from Groups E and A but Group D is anyone's guess, even South Africa who only have one point from three games could win.

In South America Brazil are through, Uruguay will join them if they draw at home against Bolivia who have lost all their away games but the other two qualification places and the playoff against New Zealand are still up for grabs. Chile, Columbia, Peru and Argentina are all in contention. Their final games are......

Brazil v Chile (26pts +2GD)
    Peru (25pts, +1GD) v Columbia (26pts, +2GD)
    Ecuador v Argentina (25pts, +1GD)

Ecuador are no pushovers, they beat Uruguay and Chile at home so there is a possibility that Argentina could miss 2018.

I'm that bored.....
  • edited October 2017
    ;beer aslef
    So USA and Argentina could miss out to go east!
    Good round up ;clap
  • Cheikh & Sakho start for
    Senegal , Cheikh captain....