Summer 2017 Transfer: The final countdown and the fallout

Comments

• Mrs G it was a joke. Florin realised that.
  • One person who is laughing at what is going on is Andy Carroll. He knows there is no threat again this season of him not being needed no matter how long he is out . My god if Hernandez were to get injured teams would know we have no threat going forward at all.
  • My god

The business Spurs have done. We are so far behind them it is horrible.
  • edited August 2017
    Mrs G, on the presumption that rumour is true, what sort of agent, with a player on good money at a Premiership side who is (allegedly) desperate to leave on his books, on transfer deadline day, decides he'd rather be at the races for a couple of hours than sort things out for one of his 'name' clients. Unbelievable. If I was Sakho I'd ensure this transfer out and then change agents!
  • Quina's loan to the Blades called off.
  • I know it's all doom and gloom and end of the world on here, but I honestly think a starting 11 of:

- Hart -
    - Zab - Ogbonna - Reid - Cresswell
    - Obiang - Kouyate -
    - Antonio - Lanzini - Arnautovic
    - Hernandez -

Is top 10 material. We might need a bit of luck with players staying fit, but I think a little perspective is needed. We don't have the worst team in this league by a long way.

That team also leaves out Noble, Carroll, Sakho, Ayew, Fernandes, Byram, Fonte, Adrian, Masuaku and youngsters who (correct me if I'm wrong) we are all desperate to see given a chance.

I for one am not going to bang on about who we didn't sign and instead put my energy into supporting the players who do play for West Ham.

COYI
  • Quinas move has broken down.

• Is top 10 material. We might need a bit of luck with players staying fit, but I think a little perspective is needed. We don't have the worst team in this league by a long way.

Let's hope there are 3 worse teams
  • edited August 2017
    Jorderz, exactly what I was saying earlier. We are currently massively missing Reid. And crucially once that three behind Chicharito are back up to speed from their injuries (Lanz and Ant) and their ridiculous bans (Arnie) we will have real penetration up top and score goals. I'm still hoping we get Carvalho across the line but even if we don't, I still don't see us being too dogged at the bottom. As per, 8th-14th without really getting dragged in the scrap, with a good cup run, some great goals, in only our second season in a very different home; I'd be happy. Though I am a bit annoyed at our lack of wing options.
  • And we left the Boleyn because........
  • Hamstew said:

And we left the Boleyn because........

We were desperate to play the first 4 games away from home?
  • I thought we had signed someone

Id take him at this stage

Screenshot_2017-08-31-22-38-34
    ;doh
  • Well at least all those season tickets got sold. #mugs
  • Jorderz, whilst I agree that your starting eleven should be strong enough to compete for top ten, those that have played so far have been underperforming, with the exception of Hernandez and possibly Hart.

From what I can see Noble will play irrespective of form. And quite frankly that formation just doesn't seem to work for us due to a lack of a genuine DM (Carvalho ;weep).

As for the youngsters, I'd love to see Martinez, Holland, Rice and Haksabanovic do well, but will they get a chance? Rice getting hoiked off at half time is reminiscent of Oxford who disappeared from the first team, and I don't think the young forwards will feature at all.
  • I also stated before we shouldn't sell Fletcher. Presumably the club thought Sakho would happily stay, yet with Diafra's injury issues, him and AC as back ups to Chicharito is risky anyway. However; Fletcher, Carroll, and Chicharito would have sufficed for this season when we only play one CF. Yet maybe Norman Stanley wanted to leave I don't know. Nevermind now...
  • So apparently sakho is being offered a new deal ;lol at least this club isn't being run like a circus anymore ;doh
  • Hamstew said:

So apparently sakho is being offered a new deal ;lol at least this club isn't being run like a circus anymore ;doh

Just seen that rumour Ham ;lol
  • Hamstew said:

Well at least all those season tickets got sold. #mugs

Pardon.
  • IronHerb said:

Hamstew said:

Well at least all those season tickets got sold. #mugs

Pardon.
    Ha ha sorry
  • A few big injuries like normal and we could be in the doo doo
  • edited August 2017
    So, to summarise, we bought 5 players in and shipped 17 out. We have 21 senior players in the squad. We have a horrible history of injuries, often to key players.

Not sure we've done anywhere near enough, to be honest.
  • edited August 2017
    It has been a funny window. Obviously the insane prices, but also a seemingly slight return of power to clubs rather than players as has been the case for a while.
    I found two really interesting non deals today:

Barkley who seemed determined to leave and ideally play at a higher level turns down Chelsea. And a 29 year old decent but hardly world class Johnny Evans can't force a move after being wanted - and bid for - by bigwigs Man City and Arsenal, and finds West Brom feel happy to turn down over £25m (rumoured not accepting even over £30m) for him.

Oh and WINDOW NOW CLOSED (Barring those late deals still stuck in the fax machine)
  • According to SSN this window we've brought in 5 and let out 17.
  • Apart from little pea our squad is weaker. Zab is decent but forces us to play 4 at the back. Hart is decent but is irrelevant if our defenders can't defend.
  • excellent, now a time for the youth, which so many people call for, to shine! Onwards and upwards :)
  • edited August 2017
    Well that was a total non-exciting transfer deadline day, overall.

Even more so Sky eeking out no great business for hours, as has become the norm now.

• But it won't happen. I doubt we'll even see rice again.
  • edited August 2017
    Hamstew said:

But it won't happen. I doubt we'll even see rice again.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
  • Ha ha. I've had 5 vodka red bulls
  • ;redwine im on my 4th time to call it a night I guess ;wave love you all no matter what we are West ham ;hug