Summer 2017 Transfer: The final countdown and the fallout

Comments

• This made me laugh from a Palace blog on the BBC Deadline Day thread:
    After his heroic efforts on loan last season, Mamadou Sakho would be welcomed back at Selhurst Park, but with the Palace board taking on the role of sole torch holders of financial fair play rules, Liverpool’s £30m price tag will need to reduce
    Goes to show how little we football fans pay attention to the clubs around us
  • Mmm, I might pop up the Chelmsford race course, its about 2 miles from where I live.
  • Mmm, I might pop up the Chelmsford race course, its about 2 miles from where I live.

You gonna have a word in his ear?
  • I noticed that too, alderz. ;ok
  • Daves wont spend any money ,instead Bilic will get his 3 or 4 games to turn it around if not then hes gone and the new guy will be promised money in jan
  • Ha ha there's a non runner in that race at 3.20

Called HAPPY HAMMER

You couldn't make it up!

;lol
  • Ha ha there's a non runner in that race at 3.20

Called HAPPY HAMMER

You couldn't make it up!

;lol

please tell me that's true
  • Sakho has said loves the fans but wants out?

What the heck was David Gold tweeting yesterday then?

What is going on??
  • incredible. Where did you hear the Sakho is going to the 3.20 race because of his advisor. Sounds like a massive Wind Up but I'm too roped in.
  • From Sky quoting Sakho direct
    “I have had a frustrating time for the past couple of seasons, I want a fresh start to get back to France, I have no issues with the West Ham fans but I want to leave now”
  • If they don't let him go, you all know that he will be injured in a few games time and won't be seen again until July, when he will sign on a free for some French team.
  • Relying on Sakho and Carroll ;lol said at the beginning we needed to move Sakho off and get in 2 strikers. Got 1 in and looks like 1 is back to going AWOL. Always needed that second striker XD
  • Soon to be replacing Bubbles at the London Stadium:

• @Slaven_Cups_His_Beard - One word
    Circus

Nay, even clowns have rules and some honour. What is Sakho showing? I think it is time to cut losses and be shot of him.
  • We will struggle to get any decent player to come in as we evidently have a manager who is in the last chance saloon as far as his job goes. Another poor overall window looms
  • So we have loaned one of our best academy players for the season to Sheffield united!!
    Do our board have any understanding of the fans?
  • Quina is not ready, imo. Hajsabanovic and Holland are More likely to get game time than him.
  • Yea tbf I don't blame em like the kid is 17 and you look at him he's tiny, needs to put on a couple pounds at least before he's gonna make a real impact

Holland and the new fella are ahead of him as adam says
  • and the horse won ;lol this just gets better and better
  • So we have loaned one of our best academy players for the season to Sheffield united!!
    Do our board have any understanding of the fans?

Let it go. It's history. Sheffield have a new co-owner and a new chairman.
  • Cheers Sakho

Screenshot_2017-08-31-15-58-02
  • Unconfirmed reports Sakho is now riding Siege of Boston back across the channel.
  • If the problem with Sakho is because he's not being picked in favour of ANother, here's a thought; Valencia and Sakho played well together and were knocking in the goals-why not Sakho and Chicarito up front?
  • I'm guessing because the relationship has broken down and SB feels the others are worth the starting spot

Even though I dislike the behaviour of Sakho and want him gone, I'd of started him over Ayew last week

I think Slav smooths it over with Sakho when he has no other choice then drops him again when he has the resources

Just my opinion
  • BBC covering that Sakho story now ;doh

Just thinking about the (sort of similar) Odenwingie thing a few years ago.

What is the abiding memory ... West Brom was a shambles, or Odenwingie was a twonk?

• MrsGrey, you said
    "Let it go. It's history. Sheffield have a new co-owner and a new chairman."

Thing is, as if often said, it's the fans that make the club. The Blunts fans are still the same, and we were getting masses of grief from them. Personally, I can never forgive Sheffield Utd.
    ;angry
  • edited August 2017
    it's the fans that make the club
    It's often said, but it ain't necessarily so.

I'd hate to think that West Ham's existence hinged to any extent on the efforts or otherwise of our section of knuckle -dragging morons. (Not referring to people on here, and not a majority - at least I hope not- but no doubting the club has its share.)