Summer 2017 Transfer: The final countdown and the fallout

Comments

• SSN reporting he hasn't turned up for training today.

Shocker...
  • I have to admit prior to the season starting I thought that the window had been very good

Hernandez, Arnie, Hart and Zabaleta were all good calibre and were brought in for the first XI

We had also got rid of some squad/deadwood like Nordtveit, Fletcher, Valencia, Randy, Calleri, Tore etc

But what we have been missing is a real DM following Nordtveit leaving and also needed a backup striker.

Since the first game we have lost Feghouli, Snodgrass and failed to address the 2 areas I mentioned along with the Sakho fiasco while the clubs around us have made some good moves (see WBA pulling of the coup of The psg fella)

The club has managed to spend net about £10mil at most while shifting enough wages that the 4 big wages we brought in break even

Last season was awful and a lot of that stemmed from a poor window and the board have sat back after their early successes feeling good for themselves

This has been an ok window where we have lost momentum and are dangerously short of bodies

We need a defensive midfielders, a backup striker and a backup winger

The board can't back us the way we need and the need to sell for someone with ambition to match the stadium

Shocker...

Yea strange that

He's in his last year of his contract £9mil is as good as we are gonna get

Should just let him go but we have left it too late wth replacements
  • sorry i have to say if we really did have a chance of getting rid of one player this window for 9m it should have been Sakho , he clearly doesn't want to be here

All that will happen now is he will sulk and sit in the reserves and refuse to play
    causing more problems for the manager all this didnt need to happen

But i guess its what we have come to expect from our owners .

Shocker...

I think we need to get rid but not (imho) to a fellow PL struggling club.
  • Stopped reading the C+H article on Sakho as soon as I read "Sakho got the hump when Ayew was selected ahead of him for the game at Newcastle given, presumably, the goal and assist which led to us entering the next round of the League Cup. Understandable – so would I have done, and I reckon most any one reading this would too"- As though these past 2 season of perpetual injuries have no consideration on his availability to start in the PL. He has missed alot of football. He still isnt fit enough to play wed-Sat. For all Ayews fault he has had a full pre-season and played alot, thus why he starts an important game. Simple. Always understand C+H and ExWHU is often just opinion pieces with some leaked stuff thrown in to boost their egos.

As for today. I think we need more than previously thought. I'd like to see:- Adama Traore, Wilshere and Lucas Perez. Maybe if an outstanding deal comes up we can go for it from the Carvalho transfer kitty.
  • Yes we're thin as a squad but get the fitness and tactics right we will do ok
    imo not sure that Slav will last September out though .
  • im not sure that Slav will last September out though .

Me neither.
  • If Batshuayi is genuinely available for loan and Everton are interested we shpuld try to make the deal a priority it's pretty low risk

Would love to Gazump Swansea for Renato Sanchez he may not be a DM but he's an exceptional talent and probably superior to all of our current centre midfielders none of who have impressed

Jota for £6mil seems a pretty low risk buy and will cover for Lanzini

We could easily do with 3/4 players today but I feel we will get none as mentioned
  • Can you imagine losing to Huddersfield. Bilic and the Daves will get ripped apart. They need a miracle to happen today in the transfer market and Bilic to pull something out the bag or the London Stadium will ring out 50,000 boo's.
  • - and yet another player rushes to the exit door following Payet, Snodgrass and Co.

You seem to have forgotten that Sakho wanted to leave for West Brom last summer, having thrown a super sulk when Carroll was preferred to him for the Arsenal match in April 2016. He hasn't rushed for the door, he's been shuffling in that direction for over a year!

And why wasn't he picked to play against Newcastle?

Because Sakho is a striker, Slav plays with a lone striker and Hernandez is better than Sakho
  • we are soon to be the new Birmingham city , i have never understood why
    we have never had a billionaire come in and buy the club we could be up there
    with city and Chelsea with the right owners instead we seem to have moved to a massive stadium but being run like a championship club .

just saying ..
  • Because Sakho is a striker, Slav plays with a lone non-scoring striker, a clueless midfield and a leaky defense
    Fixed it for you.
  • Lost in translation?

Even Snoddy thinks he hears Slav say "where would you like to play" before being subbed on

Perhaps we need to invest in some translators?

Yeah, but Snoddy thinks he played on the left against Citeh. I think we just need to invest in more intelligent players.

Or at least players who can tell right from left.
  • I see the OS has Terry Westley bigging up Martinez, comparing hin to Harry Kane.

Think it's safe to say we're not signing a striker today.
  • Alex Song supposedly going to to join harry at Birmingham! quite remarkable and sad at the same time (only 29)
  • Remember when we chose him over Kante ;lol
  • It's ok to knock players like Sakho, Snodgrass Payet etc the list goes on but to me the whole club is a complete and utter mess and that is being replicated on the pitch.
    We need somebody to take charge soon or we are going to just completely collapse into relegation fodder.
  • Claret & No Clue - self aggrandizing ramblings.

• Everton reportedly in for Arsenal's Perez on loan.

We should be all over that, IMO.

Same

They were after him last summer then arsenal came in at the last minute to snatch him away! funny how things work out but hes a good player, done well whenever he has played for arsenal so his treatment from Wenger has been bizarre. Excellent record in La Liga.
  • We will sign nobody and then the Daves will be all surprised when we end up near the bottom come April.
  • Anything...........anything at all ;tumbleweed
  • In talks with Gomes and Wilshere, apparently, although Gomes likely to go to Spurs.
  • SAKHO LATEST

Diafra Sakho will be landing in UK at 2.20pm – but talks with West Ham will have to wait.

One of his advisers has a horse running in the 3.20 at Chelmsford.

Plan at the moment is for Sakho and his advisers to go and watch the horse run (Siege of Boston) before going to see West Ham to tell them he wants to leave
    Incredible ;lol
  • Worth a fiver?....... Sakho not the horse ;lol