Summer 2017 Transfer: The final countdown and the fallout

1111213141517»

Comments

• What on earth is going on?
  • Soon I'm going to wake up...
  • Christ, this is utterly awful. This stems (IMO) from the owners' stupid (and potentially misplaced) pride being put before the good of the club's image.

They have a responsibility for something larger than themselves, and in view of that should keep a dignified silence on something like this, rather than desperately defend themselves.

Very poor.
  • I think being a fan was more fun when we didn't know everything that went on in the club and its dealings.

If we want the behind-the-scenes training-goal videos, do we have to accept this embarrassing blow-by-blow account of all the wheeling and dealing comes in the same package? Or could we demand that the owners keep schtum about their transfer and contract negotiations and other club business, because we'd rather not know?
  • Haha

Absolutely hilarious. Time and time again we say all they need to do sometimes is keep it buttoned. It's not only the situation with SL that has caught fire, but also I suspect their own manager isn't best thrilled either.

Utterly mindless from Sully and he deserves every ounce on flak that comes his way for this situation which is entirely of his own making.
  • It's like everyday at work people say "have you seen the latest on west ham?" Then I try to defend them and fail. Go home and then the next day the same ;weep
  • I bet, on hearing all of this, Rafa simply cannot wait to climb on board..
  • edited September 2017
    Why try to defend them?

You didn't 'cause' it.
    By all means correct the reports if they are factually wrong, but it's not your responsibility to defend the decisions of a bunch of people you don't know and have no control over, surely?
  • I refer to my earlier post. Sully should have said nothing. What a mess.
  • edited September 2017
    I try to defend West Ham because I love them. If you mean the owners no I won't bother trying to defend them but West Ham yes.
  • edited September 2017
    ;weep I know. But that's like defending your wife's drug-dealing dad because you love her. That way madness lies.

(That's an example. Not in any way an allegation ;whome)
  • Actually, not ninja because I am on the phone. More 'arthritic' and 'not got my reading glasses on'.
  • edited September 2017
    An example which is what happens would be. "Your club is a bit of a joke at the moment" so I'm like "Yes the owners are (imo) but not the rest of us"
  • Tbh I think any genuine fan of any club has been in the same situation where some mad things have gone on and been pored over in the media with glee. They know what it's like. They don't hold you personally responsible.

Anyone who doesn't behave like that is just the equivalent of a troll and why would I care about anything they say?
  • If the email is in fact legit (which I personally doubt) then a good reason to redact email addresses etc is that I would not want my email address to be available to all and sundry. I am sure the clubs have official emails but they are mist certainly not the top brass' contact details.

Just imagine the uproar if it were legit and the email addresses had been left in. The Daves would be forced to change their email address within minutes!
  • Plenty of fans dont like their owners. Perhaps others arent in the media as much but the biggest issue is that we've started the season very poorly. If we werent 0pts and 10 goals conceded, Arnautovic sent off, key players like Antonio, Reid and Lanzini either injured, not match fit, just returning etc then I think the fans wouldnt be so despondent currently.

Stating the obvious... We need to beat Huddersfield and pick up some points beyond that. That'd help!

However, my current memory of our last game (with sideways and backwards passing when we were 2 down then 3 down) against a 'championship level' Newcastle side just felt like there was no plan, no system, precious little creativity and coordination. Perhaps desire too...

We have good players. Most of us will agree with that. But, for me, the really worrying thing was that I was watching (impatient and irritated at the lack of urgency and penetration without the capacity to defend well being mentioned til now) were the things mentioned above.

I never wanted Bilic as manager (Marcelo Bielsa was my hope however viable that was) but since the appointment, as a fan, I obviously wanted him to be a success. I just dont currently have any faith that he knows what hes doing. Maybe the team dont listen? Maybe we really dont have an identifiable plan A and B etc.

I just dont think hes the man to lead us and I wonder how long it'll go on and how poorly we'll have to play before some action is taken. I really hope I am surprised and we start to play as a cohesive, solid attacking/defending team.

There's a lack of faith in that at the moment and this Sporting Lisbon business will hardly help with club morale or faith in the owners and their credibility!

I havent posted in a while (the teams state at the moment hardly helped) so forgive the lengthy posting please...
  • You know hat they say........
    If it walks like a Duck
    And Quacks like a Duck

Its probably a Duck

Bye Slav ;wave
  • I don't see it as Slav digging Sulley out in that piece.

Slav thought we were getting Carvalho so when other names were raised he said no.
    Sully said they offered Slav Sanches and George and Slav said no.

Two versions of the same story which compliment each other imo.
  • Not sure Slav is digging him out just putting a little more meat on what probably went on

"He likes to talk", quickly counters that with "that's his right".....nice save there Slav

Key for me is the "that's not exactly what happened" regarding the two players offered

For me SB is doing the right thing and keeping the peace
  • Tbh it sounds a bit like Slav is actually responding, as diplomatically as he can, to Sully's attempts to throw him under the bus. Sully makes it sound like it was a done deal for the 2 players, all Slav had to do was say yes, when it was probably more a "What do you reckon to these 2, shall we try to get them in?" to which Slav probably said that he'd prefer Carvalho, especially as we were 95% of the way there.
  • I think Slav has had enough of being made to look silly and not respond. It's clear only a few people know what really goes on but I would say that purely as an instinctive judgment on the man I would tend believe Slav over Sully.

It's time for them to move on and pick up three points on Monday, should we not I think Slav may well be out.