West Ham vs Huddersfield 11.09.17 Match Thread

Comments

• Good. Guarantee he'll assist a Hernandez goal.
  • You're dropping Hernandez then Lukerz?
  • We've made it into Westfield ;wahoo
  • IronHerb said:

You're dropping Hernandez then Lukerz?

Oops

Meant to be Chica and Carroll ;lol
  • But will you make it out? ;biggrin
  • No Chicharito for you, Lukerz? Gulp.
  • Is it really wise to start Carroll? What happened to easing him in?

Maybe Bilic doesn't care as much since it is supposedly do or die (over the next 4 or so games) for him.
  • It would certainly seem more in line with what Gary Lewin was saying the other day to ease him back in with 20 mins today. I hope the Sakho business isn't going to affect Carroll's gradual return. I'd start with Sakho and Chicharito up front and bring AC on with 20 to go.
  • You start him and take him off, not much difference to bringing him on later
  • edited September 2017
    Play him for 55/60 mins. Then bring him off.

He can win the game for you 3 times over in that time 'on his day'.
  • Could do I suppose, but it's very unusual to start someone and take them off after 20 mins, maybe because of the risk that others could get injured and you may need to use other subs instead of the planned 20 mins at the end. And it may suit us to have him on the bench. Maybe he could evem play 30 if someone gets injured etc. Maybe he's more effective when the oppo are tired...
  • Twitter saying noble has minor injury
  • He'll do more than 20. He's been on full training for 3 weeks now.
  • London calling....

We've made it past the second check point...

Badger nearly bought it when he started singing the Payet song...

Will contact again when we've made it past the last check point.

Over.
  • well im ready lets get this season going ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
  • Come on you irons

Positive vibes tonight

Let's do this
  • Yeh, Come on u Irons ;scarf
  • It's a back three of Fonte - Reid - Collins with Kouyate and Obiang in CM and Chicharito and Andy up top. Antonio to play behind them and Hart in goal.

Not sure who the wing-backs are yet.
  • London calling....

Made it past the final check point, the cards worked and the coffee is hot!

I think we must have tunneled in the wrong direction....

Over.
  • IronHerb said:

You start him and take him off, not much difference to bringing him on later

I actually think he plays better as a sub though. Guaranteed to bully tired defenders, whereas it's a bit hit and miss when he starts.
  • edited September 2017
    Team is:

Hart
    Fonte - Reid - Collins
    Zabaleta - Obiang - Kouyate - Cresswell
    Antonio
    Hernandez - Carroll

Hernandez will probably drop to the left when we defend and Antonio the right.
  • Outcast

For me, he also lends us a very useful defensive option, especially from set pieces. He can generally be relied on to get his head to the ball to clear it.

So, I'd like to see him start, help us keep them out, contribute to a couple of goals, and then he can go and have a breather.
  • Pretty strong side, if so.

We will win this with that team, I'm certain.

I think.
  • Id have ginge in for Fonte but otherwise i'll take it. ;scarf
  • McHammer said:

Id have ginge in for Fonte but otherwise i'll take it. ;scarf

I wish we could play two Ginges too!
  • edited September 2017
    Grey, I agreed with Outcast, but that's a good point about his defensive qualities, so now I'm agreeing with you ;biggrin ;ok
  • Fonte!

Deep breath....

• little pea and my little ;ac coyi
  • Biggest gambles for me are i) Cressers and Zaba at WBs - wouldn't Masuaku and possibly Byram or Antonio be better in this more attacking role?; and ii) Antonio behind the strikers - not seen him play there before, although he can pop up anywhere no matter where he "plays".

Hope it works! I guess if it doesn't it's easy to revert to a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2 with a max of one sub.
This discussion has been closed.