West Ham vs Huddersfield 11.09.17 Match Thread

Comments

;nonono ;sofa
  • Hart
    Zabaletta Reid Ogbonna
    Byram Obiang Kouyate Cresswell
    Antonio Lanzini
    Hernandez

Heart says 2-0, but brain says nervy 0-0 or 1-1.
  • Lanzini is out.
  • Without Lanzini it will make it even harder to get our first win of the season.
    The way we have started this season has been dreadful. If we lose this game
    I think Bilic will be gone.

• What I'd like to see -

Hart
    Zabaletta Reid Ogbonna Masuaka
    Obiang Kouyate
    Haksabanovic Antonio
    Hernandez
    Carroll
  • I hate it when we play Monday night. (Or Friday night, for that matter.)
  • I see Wagner was manager of the month for August so maybe the curse will kick in.
  • MrsGrey said:

I hate it when we play Monday night. (Or Friday night, for that matter.)

I love it. Means we dont lose at the weekend
  • Who scored?
  • Think Bilic is too stubborn to go with a back 3

What I'd like to see

Hart
    Zabaleta Reid Collins Cressy
    Antonio Obiang Kouyate Masuaka
    Sakho Hernandez

Don't wanna see Ayew or Fonte in the team, I would also like to see Masuaka as a left winger (given we cant choose arnie lr Lanzino yet) in a 4-4-2 and a partner for Chicarito as Sakho can do that job well as he works hard and is a physical presence

What I think we will see

Hart
    Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna Cressy
    Noble Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Hernandez Sakho
  • Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

But it does mean that you get your whole week spoiled instead of just the weekend.

I'm beginning to learn to love the international breaks. It means we don't get to play at all.
  • adecoker said:

Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

But it does mean that you get your whole week spoiled instead of just the weekend.

I'm beginning to learn to love the international breaks. It means we don't get to play at all.
    Yeah but work spoils my week anyway so may as well do it at the same time.
  • I hate that if we lose there's no time to cheer up before bed so you go to sleep sad and wake up sad.
  • MrsGrey said:

I hate that if we lose there's no time to cheer up before bed so you go to sleep sad and wake up sad.

So go to bed at 19:45 happy and full of hope. Wake up the next morning still happy because you're unaware of the full horror that unfolded the night before. Problem solved.
  • ;nonono

If we win, I miss out on the glorious happy happy joy joy.
  • edited September 2017
    Think we should just go for it tbh.

They haven't conceded. Obviously know how to defend and are well disciplined and organised. Ok, they haven't had the toughest opening 3 games but 7 points is a great return.

Might be worth getting Sakho and Chica on the pitch together, especially with Ayew and Lanzini out.

Hart
    Fonte - Reid - Collins
    Byram - Obiang - Kouyate - Masuaku
    Antonio
    Sakho - Chicharito

Adrian, Ogbonna, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Rice, Noble, Carroll
  • Ayew's available, according to Slav.
  • Apparently Ayew has recovered from his "muscle fatigue", I think it must have been the muscle that plays for Ghana but nowhere else, a rare case of internationitis

• Hoping the team really show bilic that they want to play for him and turn in a good performance and get a positive result
  • ExWHU reckons Slav is putting out a very attacking line up. Let's hope we take out chances and don't get picked off

coyi
  • Conceed 10 goals in 3 games...... send out an attacking lineup

Tactical genius
  • So what do you reckon he should do? Defensive lineup, concede a freak goal and then we can't score. He just can't win.

If we are on the attack they can't score because they don't have the ball. Simples!
  • His first season was often all out attack and our poor defending wasn't too much of an issue as a result
  • We often end up making a mistake, giving away a goal and then having no momentum. We might as well go all-out attack.
  • Go out all guns blazing, Ossie Ardiles style... ;lol
  • ExWHU reckons Slav is putting out a very attacking line up. Let's hope we take out chances and don't get picked off

coyi

The Kevin Kegan Defence ;biggrin
  • The main thing is always finding a balance and thats whats been lacking past last season and this season so far (for differing reasons). Whilst we have conceded alot this season the back 4 have simply been too exposed, so as long as we have worked on giving them better protection when out of possession (esp infront of the CBs as Noble often drifts out of position) we will be fine. I'd like us to play 3 at the back as it plays to our strengths abit more and gives us greater cover, something like :-

---------------------HART-----------------------
    ----------FONTE-----REID----OGBONNA------------
    --ANTONIO--NOBLE---KOUYATE---OBIANG-CRESSWELL-
    ---------------HERNANDEZ----SAKHO--------------
This discussion has been closed.