Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Cheltenham Town Wed 23rd League cup (LIVE ON SKY)

Midweek cup game to get our season up and running before heading to newcastle for an important league match on the weekend. Team? Rotation? Youngsters? Cup Scare? Will the enigmatic Snodgrass pop up? The myhtical Carvalho appear?All will be discussed on this thread detailing our entry in the prestigious carabao cup!

I'd like to see a strong team in order to get some confidence flowing and improve our cohesion. Maybe something like:-

-------------------------HART-----------------------
----BYRAM------COLLINS(c)-----FONTE---CRESSWELL----
------------------OBIANG----RICE--------------------
--------FERNANDES------AYEW----------HOLLAND-----
------------------------SAKHO----------------------.

Comments

• I think we need to put out as strong a team as possible, and I'd like to see Hernandez play and maybe grab a goal or two more.

Get Antonio some minutes, also, because he missed pre-season.
  • Depends whose fit.

But I think Adrian will go in goal
    imagelostKuchinghammerSlaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • I managed to get a ticket for this so want to see a strong X1 put out.

Adrian
    Byram - Collins - Fonte - Masuaka
    Obiang - Kouyate*
    Fernandes - Antonio - Holland
    Sakho

* If fit enough, if not then Rice.
  • Gonna be in Majorca when this is on. Will make the defeat a little easier to take.
    tomkinsworldclass
  • Full strength please. We need a cup run.
  • Hamstew said:

Gonna be in Majorca when this is on. Will make the defeat a little easier to take.

Similar here. I'll be in Gaza ;lol
  • We need a win
  • edited August 20

Hamstew said:

Gonna be in Majorca when this is on. Will make the defeat a little easier to take.

I'll be on train 106, Hainault to West Ruislip then West Ruislip to Leytonstone.

I finish around 9pm so by the time I get the bus to the pub it'll all be over
  • Hamstew said:

I'll be on train 106, Hainault to West Ruislip then West Ruislip to Leytonstone.....
    You win
    SuzanneClaretMrsGreySlaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • I'll be home watching it ;scarf
  • Be safe ASLEF. ;lol
    SuzanneClaret
  • I'll be watching Thursday morning, being 7 hours ahead of GMT. Adrian will be in goal, Holland & Rice & maybe Martinez, then those needing game time to get match fit (Kouyate? Lanzini? Antonio? NOT Carroll, who will be in Newcastle next month) Then Byram, Masuaku, Ginge, and ANO. Should sort it.
    tomkinsworldclass
  • Everyone trained this morning with the exception of Reid, who we didn't see, and Snodgrass who did show up but wasn't with the squad.
    Haksabanovic and Quinna were training with the squad even though there is an U23 v Spurs in progress.

Back to the studio. ;biggrin
    tomkinsworldclassSuzanneClaret
  • Strong under 23's team vs Spurs today:-Samuelsen, Martinez and Holland all playing so I would assume they wouldnt be in contention to be involved on Wednesday, although I suppose they could perhaps be an option off the bench.

Anyway. I hope Diafra Sakho starts and scores a couple to help get his mojo back; if he can return to good form and fitness he is an asset for us and would be a good partner for Hernandez.
  • I want the defence to play together still.

Hart; Zabaleta Collins Ogbonna Cresswell; Rice; Obiang Fernandes; Ayew Holland; Sakho
  • If we get through we can watch the draw for round 3 on Thursday .......................at 4.15am from Beijing
  • Put Hak man in for this one. If he shines he can be impact plater from the bench against the geordies
    alderz
  • Actually yes I'll have him instead of Holland
  • Adrian
    Byram - Collins - Fonte - Cresswell
    Obiang - Kouyate
    Antonio - Fernandes - Ayew
    Sakho

Hart, Ogbonna, Masuaku, Rice, Noble, Lanzini, Chicharito
  • Lanzini won't be ready for Wednesday and I doubt we'll risk Chicarito.
  • I don't think Antonio will start the game and probably will be rested. He tweaked a muscle in the last game and was substituted. I think he will be saved for Saturday. U-23s beat Swindon away so would expect a combination of squad players and U-23s to beat Cheltenham. It would be good to see Rice, Quina and Haksabanovic get a game. Other leading U23s played on Monday and probably won't feature for the entire game though would love to see Holland, Martinez and Samuelson take a bow at some stage.

Adrian
    Byram - Collins - Rice - Masuaku
    Obiang - Kouyate - Fernandes
    Quina - Haksabanovic
    Sakho

Subs: Hart, Holland, Samuelson, Noble, Fonte, Lanzini, Martinez
  • Adrian
    Collins Fonte Ogbonna
    Antonio Obiang Kouyate Masuaku
    Fernandes
    Sakho Ayew
  • Did Antonio tweak anything? He came off as this was his first game and he was shattered. He trained Monday morning with the rest of the squad. I think he will get some minutes tomorrow.
  • We need to make a statement
    Stronger and win
    Weak and blow it out ,, like Europey cup

I fancy the board wil influence a weakened team hoping for a win
    Half with the board on this
    The home ground , not like Being at home ,, standing would help, in certain area's

Think the board will boot this post
  • Herb

From Slav's presser, I think Antonio will have the night off.
  • Kouyate traveling according to DG.
  • i cant even bare the thought of losing this.....
    Slojo
This discussion has been closed.