Newcastle v West Ham Match Thread - Saturday 26th August - 15:00

Comments

• Conceding late goals when chasing the game is a sign of the times in modern day football which is largely based around counter attacking and a deep defensive shape. Its the gamble you make when you are chasing the game. Looks great if you pull a goal back or manage to equalise, looks bad if you dont and the score 1 or 2 more.

We weren't really chasing the game though.
  • #bilicout enough is enough how with the players we have we are that rubbish is down to him. Thanks Slav another weekend ruined ;angry
  • Expat ;ok
    I get ur view and opinion , however I was happy with Bilic being appointed and gave him last season as a new start at our new home ....
    Sadly the 1st 3 games of this season couldn't have gone worse, but today was the icing on the cake IMO , there was not 1 positive to take out of that, that's sad in itself...

I don't want to get rid of him yet, and hope that they at least give him a " home " game, but as my patience wears out you have to think the 2 D's might feel the same...

Re Noble- have never slated him on here, but today it was clear to see that he is past his best......
  • They've managed to depress me even though I'm in Mallorca. Dread to think how those travelling away fans feel.
  • Outcast, we were behind in the game. Its not defending the performance but just in terms of the "goals conceded" issues/stat, it can be inflated as we were behind and more open to counter which is the main thread of modern day football.
  • I will be happy to take over as manager of this club.

I have managed in a number of big financial institutions and never failed.

I would sell Andy and Mark immediately and not put up with no effort or passion and I would play two up front and a strong midfield .

What is going on at this club cannot be tolerated any longer.
  • Hutton,

Not sure you could do any worse
  • and on the bright side ................... BFS only works January to May ;lol
  • Get him in ;bowdown

EErrrr nurse...nurse...NURSE
  • Hamstew

I am also currently in Majorca and am going out in Andraitx tonight .

It's going to be a big one!!
  • ;hmm missed the man u game and this one for stupid family stuff .now I love family stuff .however will be around for huddesfield and expect a lot better .I do feel we did not get enough pre season games where most of the other teams had far more. and much harder ones to .which sharpens you up .things better turn and in a hurry .two weeks off might not be such a bad thing at lest for us fans
  • Players that play for this club on the whole think it's an easy life and just take the money.
    Players like Bobby Moore , Scott Parker are few and far between . Mark Noble has a passion for this club but has never really been good enough for the Premier league.
    Others flit in and out but we deserve much more from our players.
    Until players care as much for the club as we do we will always struggle. I work harder in my job every day than all the current West Ham players and they only play a few hours a week.

How on earth can West Ham players command such salaries they are a joke!!
  • Once again Bilic says they were more determined, fought for second balls etc etc. What on earth are they doing about it. The last time we lost our first 3 we were relegated because we never really recovered. Bilic has been manager for 79 PL games and we've conceded 3 or more in 18 of those almost 25%. Therefore it's obvious he has absolutely no idea and is clearly out of his depth.
  • Groundhog Day all over again. Anyone remember Reece Oxford playing 1 and a half games as defensive midfielder 2 years ago and then dropped. Now Rice will go the same way. Remember Arbeloa coming in with a fanfare and gave us nothing - now we have Zabeleta.
    Got to go back to 3 at the back, Obiang and Kouyate in the middle, Byram on the right, Cresswell on the left and 2 up top, hopefully Carroll and Hernandez. And then stick to the same team for a while. Bilic has been chopping and changing for too long.
    Sadly I have to agree that Noble has run his race and that Lanzini is not the gem we think he is. Can we please splash the cash and get Ross Barkley, not Carvalo.
  • That was shocking and the first of the results this season that has me worried. When we played Man Utd we were outclassed and rightly so when you compare squads, Soton I felt we did well to almost salvage something after silly autos red card and showed commitment..............However today I felt they in no way had a better squad but played with purpose and with a plan where as we seemed to just have a collection of players on the pitch and were hoping to make something happen.

With regard Squad I think Fernandez is squad calibre at present but not a starter just yet, I think Noble is not good enough and were he not such a strong personality and Captain I doubt he would start also. Ayew definitely has it but does his best to keep it hidden whenever he can, so in all I think we are fielding three players at least which are making us vulnerable.

It is too early to panic and all games have been away but we know all too well just how quick a lack of confidence can lead to a crisis.

A few days of the window left to bring someone in and a international break to go to work on the training ground, get to it now Slav as you may be on borrowed time now.
  • Speaking at his post-match press conference, manager Bilic said he was “worried but not panicking.” I think Abraham Grant said exactly the same after three defeats in a row. We all know how it ended.

Now Slav is saying he is going to sign Big Mac Carvalho, overweight and unfit, for 40 million. And this is supposed to improve the team performance dramatically... Why do we tend to hire clueless managers?
  • Forget the training ground bit. They say that after every game "we will work hard on the training ground and get it right next game" but sadly it's obvious they don't know what they're doing.
  • Many of WHU players who play for their countries. Therefore, they can't be rubbish. But our results in 2017 have been rubbish. I wonder if some of the players think that they are so good that all they need to do is turn up. May be they believe the hype of the chairman who said last year that WHU could do a Leicester or have the fallen victims to Mourinho's mind games when he said that WHU could win the league. Or may be some players are miffed about the salaries of new players and feel that they deserve parity. As a long time supporter I am clutching at straws to understand what is wrong at WHU. Something is not right and in my dazed state I obviously can't put a finger on it. Today I could not figure out what formation or tactics we were playing at.

We had a lot of hype about Hart and Zabaleta but so far neither has convinced me. Hart does not seem to come out for crosses and was rooted to his line for the second Newcastle goal. Zabaleta was so often caught out of position today. From the MANU game it was evident that all that someone needed to do was to push the ball past him and chase it with the knowledge that Zabaleta would not catch them. We saw that again today. Two Davids may pat themselves on the back for picking up freebies but most teams don't away their gems.
  • Just seen the game on MOTD

Shambolic the whole team!

Noble, not good enough anymore, just jogs around in midfield not doing anything productive.

Shearer saying the manager needs ten games at least, we could be well adrift by then!
  • edited August 2017
    Just got back from a night in Andraitx Majorca.
    Totally drunk and ready for bed but I would still play with more heart and passion than any West Ham player.
    They should be ashamed of themselves but they don't care at all.
    I will not pay to see those players represent West Ham they are disgraceful!!!
  • I said at the time Zabaleta had 'Arbeloa' written all over him. Wasn't convinced by the signing.

One thing playiny for City in your prime. Another playing for West Ham when you're on the slide.
  • The morning after the game before and it doesn't get any better.
    That was just woeful. In an early season must win game we play Noble, Rice and Fernandez in midfield while we have Obiang and Kouyate on the bench. Hart, obviously playing to instructions, just launching kick after kick upfield to Ayew and Chica. Why?
    We are totally devoid of a plan or a pattern that fits this squad and, unfortunately, that is all down to Bilic.
    Hate to say it but it's time for him to go. Even from the, sometimes over faithful, travelling fans there was an air of inevitability and a lot of anger.

COYI
  • Herb

I'm not sure I agree it is time for Slav to go, but this is the first time I haven't instinctively thought it was a terrible idea.
  • I need a few minutes to read through grey's last post carefully and de-code it ;lol
  • West Brom haven't let a goal in i believe in the Premier league this season . Huddersfield have 7 points!!
    We have better players etc etc.
    West Ham players and management are a complete joke!!
  • ;ok Hutton
    Over confident?
  • Fitness lol , should be winners suppose to pro....fesss....a....nails
    I would be whipping myself after that performance
    Or go into hidding
  • Having read all the negative posts on this thread it seems to me that some people are going to feel a little foolish come the new year, when we are sitting third in the table just two points behind joint leaders Bournemouth and Crystal Palice.
    Ah !
    Forget that, I've just noticed that my crystal ball is upside down.
This discussion has been closed.