Newcastle v West Ham Match Thread - Saturday 26th August - 15:00

Comments

• If, the team are not doing as Slaven directs them. We look rather disjointed and woefully slow and dare I say unfit?
  • We're off the pace and lethargic. Just like last season. Not sure what Bilic gets them to do in pre-season.
  • Lukerz said:

We're off the pace and lethargic. Just like last season. Not sure what Bilic gets them to do in pre-season.

He gets them to lose
  • Why would Carvalho or any other player in their prime want to come to us?
  • You can say it hasn't been a perfect window. You can say we maybe need another midfielder, or a winger.

But you can't say a team with Hernandez, Antonio, Lanzini, Ayew, Hart, Zabaleta, Kouyate and Sakho in isn't good enough to minimum match Newcastle.

This is Bilic's third season and now we are seeing more abject than spectacular.

It's his third season and we continue to make defensive error after defensive error.

It's his third season and we continue to have a gaping hole in the centre of our midfield every game.

It's his third season and I still have no idea what our attacking plan is, except give the ball to Antonio or Lanzini and hope they do something useful.

I don't know what formation we play, I don't know what half the jobs of players are, I don't know whether we try to press or sit off.
  • edited August 2017
    Don't want Bilic to go really. I think he will be given the next home game against Huddersfield. If we don't win that I am sure he will be gone.
  • The whole team lacks organisation passion and desire.
    Noble is finished and has been poor for ages.
    Payet made him look better by dragging this team along.
    Unfortunately Payet could see what was going on at the club and did not want to be part of it.

How can a team that has good players and such a great fan following turn in such abject performances week after week and never have its best players available !!

This club is shaming the good name of West Ham as a footballing team.
  • Poor performance with no positives. No skill or effort. Zabaleta caught in wrong position all the time. Noble too ponderous. CBs too slow. Hernandez isolated and Sakho hardly had a look in. Why on earth did the players keep on passing sideways and backwards. It is probably the easiest game that Newcastle will have all season. Something is terribly wrong and at this rate we will easily concede 100 goals this season.
  • Spare a thought for our magnificent away fans who have made the long trip up there to witness that abomination.
  • Everyone said pre season is only about fitness not results. Has anyone told this subject lot that pre season is over.
  • Apparently we had 63% possession, who knew!!
  • Pengeman said:

At this rate we will easily concede 100 goals this season.

I'm not too sure about that. At this rate we will easily concede over 125 goals this season, have a goal difference of -100 and a points total of zero.
  • Must have been keeping the ball from fishing it out of our net and walking it back to the centre circle.
    I've said it every week and I'll keep saying it, our coaching staff are useless. Bilic has no tactical nous and the rest are mostly his Croatian mates
  • So true Jorderz. We have no identity going forwards or defending.
  • We did play football of a high standard once but let's be honest today's performance has been the West Ham way for a long time now with the occasional blip but it soon goes back to being a complete shambles.
    Where we are now we cannot sink much lower it is awful to be a fan of this club !!
    We can only live in hope that somehow things might change.
  • Bilic out. And his useless assistants too. We need someone who knows what he is doing.
  • Bilic needs to go

He's a poor manager who over achieved in his first season

Can gut the whole coaching staff as they aren't showing us anything
  • Bilic needs to go

He's a poor manager who over achieved in his first season

Can gut the whole coaching staff as they aren't showing us anything

It looks that way,,, just thinking about Europe cup
    What a joke
  • We are lacking identity but that is understandable when you have a) chronic injury/fitness issues. b) sold your best player last season, c)have had to deal with the whole OS debacle. We need balance, cohesion and trust in what we need to do, at the minute it isnt quite working and isnt there. Support the manager and let him work with his players to correct the problems because it is solvable internally; changing managers will only be yet another short term fix to a problem and one to further destabilise and set the club back.

No doubt today was poor and a bad performance. we are mentally vulnerable now and the 2nd goal killed us just shortly after making some positives subs. However other clubs had had similar starts and it is still so early on in the season. Lets focus on the last few days of the transfer window, Work with the players during the international break and hope our injury/fitness conditions will be much better 2 weeks down the line (Reid, Collins, Ogbonna, Kouyate, Lanzini, Obiang, Antonio, Carroll, Sakho all fit into the category). Have faith.
  • Noble just got interviewed on Sky and said that he thinks they've been impacted by the travelling over pre season and then only away games.

I'm sorry, but that really isn't good enough. 4 games into the season, how are they fatigued enough to get turned over by Newcastle?
  • Noble is impacted whenever he plays football.
    He is a major reason that the club never moves forwards. He was finished when Nolan left , why is he stilll here?
  • edited August 2017

Noble is impacted whenever he plays football.
    He is a major reason that the club never moves forwards. He was finished when Payet left, why is he still here?

Fixed it for you. :)
  • Hammer

True. I am so upset I cannot type properly.
  • Simple fact is 3 games gone we already have conceeded 10 goals with 2 of those teams having struggled to make any sort of scoring chances

No more excuses
    Bilic should be sacked

Preseason is only about fitness some said.....well the players don't look fit and tactically NOTHING has been improved....so what was preseason for

And Noble blaming the travelling is a joke and he should feel embarrassed for saying that, almost every team jet off to several countries for preseason
  • With a heavy heart I must say that was 1 of the the most disappointing performances I've seen in a long while.. Will be intersted to see what Iron Herb made of it being there, but on tv they looked very poor against a poor team...
    Huddersfield game IMO massive for Slav.....
  • Conceding late goals when chasing the game is a sign of the times in modern day football which is largely based around counter attacking and a deep defensive shape. Its the gamble you make when you are chasing the game. Looks great if you pull a goal back or manage to equalise, looks bad if you dont and the score 1 or 2 more.
  • Another 90 minutes of wasted time for me.

Surely this is something the manager is paid to get sorted, and he isn't doing it.
    I never wanted Bilic and I still don't - roll on the next manager ASAP please
  • I didn't.

Then I did.

Then I didn't.

Then I did.

Now I don't.

;fence
This discussion has been closed.