Other games this weekend (exclduing West Ham)

Comments

• You can only live in hope ;ok
  • That Spurs training top ;lol
  • Nice seat covers on the Spurs bench. Remind me of the ones I had in the old Cortina ;lol
  • Great Alonso free kick
  • Weren't it though.
  • The quality and intensity in this match....

The shooting, tackling great to watch...

Come on the ref....
  • Bit confused by the Chelsea substitutions. Those 2 were the best Chelsea players pushing forward.
  • MIAHammer said:

Bit confused by the Chelsea substitutions. Those 2 were the best Chelsea players pushing forward.

Even more confused now ;whistle
  • Excellent header.. ;clap
  • It was Ian Dowie'esq... he should have signed for us after all ;lol

Alonso makes it 1-2
  • Well that's cheered me up a little bit thanks Spurs
  • Wins at Wembley since 2014:

Anthony Joshua - 2

Tottenham Hotspur - 1
  • I'm wondering when someone is going to mention the elephant in the room (at the top). ;biggrin
  • Bobby Madley having a mare ;doh
  • IronHerb said:

Bobby Madley having a mare ;doh

The Walker 2nd yellow was nonsense but Schneiderlin deserved his 2nd yellow. He went through Aguero. He made contact with Aguero twice before he got the ball. Aguero might have made a meal of it but to me it was still a yellow.
  • IronHerb said:

Bobby Madley having a mare ;doh

Yep, straight out of the Lee Mason play book. ;doh
  • I kept shouting things like "that's a push! Why no free kick/pen/red card? Lee Mason would have given that" and similar. Can you tell I'm still incensed by Mr Mason? ;angry
  • I watched the Spurs Chelsea game with a mate in the local sports bar. He was very patient with my 'that would have been a pen against us' comments. (Although I think he made sure he sat with his bad ear to me...)
  • Based upon the Man City v Everton game it seems like once again Manchester City's best keeper isn't actually at the club
  • Not impressive is he?
  • I am oddly cheered by the fact that Suefiled Untied have a player called Carruthers. Makes me want to go and read some H Rider Haggard books.

• I am oddly cheered by the fact that Suefiled Untied have a player called Carruthers. Makes me want to go and read some H Rider Haggard books.

I hadn't noticed that but had noticed that one of the Sky match commentators is Faye Carruthers who could well be a character from the same series.
  • Taking new Sonof to his first ever game today - as he has been pestering me for weeks. Obvs cant take him to the London or up to watch the boys at 'toon ( too far from Cornwall), so we are going into Indian Country (Devon) to watch the mighty Argyle take on Scunthorpe - who play in Claret and Blue which will confuse him even further.

I wish it was at the Boleyn like my first game - but I'm just trying to light the spark for live football for him - hope he doesn't like it there too much. A mate has kindly offered him a loan of a Green and White scarf, which has been politely refused !!

Wish me luck ;puzzled
  • Scunthorpe United are The Iron singular rather than The Irons plural but before 1950 they were known as the Knuts.
  • Charlie Daniels scores screamer against citeh ;clap
  • Charlie Daniels scores screamer against citeh ;clap

It was a spectacular goal...
    1-1 Ht, good game ;ok
  • Jesus scored while being pulled back, could have gone down but would rather get the goal
  • Defoe causing City problems and Kompany on a yellow