Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Clasie performance but a Soares draw (Soton Match Thread 19.08.17)

With Southampton subject to a Jisheng Gao Chinese takeover this week, a raft of new signings are promised.

Some of the players mentioned are 'Christie Aarons Matic Pied King Dunk' with 'Frei Rice' also tipped to follow.

Fans are encouraged to call themselves the 'Terry Cottee' army with plenty of fireworks expected (boom boom)

Known as Liverpool’s feeder club, Gao promises to ‘take-away’ this image or Romeu it altogether and not be Forster sell any more players

It was sweet then sour for 'Dick' Van Dijk. It’s a jolly ‘oliday at St Marys was his initiation song. Now ‘Barry Manolo’ Gabbiadini is the new singer on the block closely followed by the up and coming 'Shakin' Stephens'…

After promising Tadic the old playing style, new tactics are being discussed for Saturday...

Will they play a Long ball game, a Targett man or shall we just wait until Austin 'powers' (grr baby) through

Their academy is celebrated but it’s the way they’re now treating injuries that’s better than everyone else. They have their own wing at Southamptons St Marys hospital with ‘Ward’ Prowse at the center of it

Positives for us… Antonio expected back with Lanzini, Kouyate and Carroll close behind him in the next week or two. Also, let it be noted we only have to play against Lukaku one more time this season

Verdict: Yoshida known better. Things Saint wot they used to be
Brother_SledgeMrsGreyPearces_Left_FootcarsonroadboyHammerwombatimagelost

Comments

• Antonio fit but others not ready yet ;hmm
  • If we are serious about top 8. 3 points needed. But i dont see it.
  • We won there last year
  • edited August 17
    Nailed on win

Never have I felt more certain of a win than this game.

Have a feeling at least one of Kouyate/Lanzini/Carroll will be on the bench.

1-3 (Chica to open his account)

Hart
    Zabaleta - Fonte - Reid - Cresswell
    Noble - Obiang
    Antonio - Ayew - Arnautovic
    Chicharito
  • Both Lawro and Merse have us down to lose and that considering they haven't scored at home in 6 games.
    I think they're basing it on our performance last week.
  • edited August 17
    "Have a feeling at least one of Kouyate/Lanzini/Carroll will be on the bench."

;hmm I don't think so.
  • I'm also certain we'll win this and score 3 in the process.
  • IronHerb said:

"Have a feeling at least one of Kouyate/Lanzini/Carroll will be on the bench."

;hmm I don't think so.

SB said they're all close the other day...
  • We must intimidate, infuriate impede and manipulate them.
  • Wish Slaven would go 3 at the back but I know he won't

Hoping for a win but think we will be lucky to draw if I'm being honest think the United game would've hurt the team
  • While Antonio is ready to return to action against his old club at St Mary’s Stadium, Saturday’s fixture has come a week too soon for Cheikhou Kouyate and Andy Carroll.

“Manu is training individually and he is joining us on Monday, so we are going to have a full squad back for the Newcastle game,” Bilic enthused.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/august/17-august/team-news-antonio-back-kouyate-carroll-and-lanzini-set#6vLDYxS6eWeCGEjq.99
  • Have a feeling at least one of Kouyate/Lanzini/Carroll will be on the bench
    WHUFC.com says Carroll, Kouyate and Lanzini will be back for Newcastle.

Hart
    Zabaletta Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
    Noble Obiang
    Antonio Ayew Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Adrian Fonte Creswell Rice Fernandes Sakho Haksabanovic
  • Got a feeling were are going to nick a win 2-1 West Ham
  • I am wearing my unlucky shirt for the match. The hoodoo will be broken this weekend. ;scarf
    tomkinsworldclass
  • 3-4 changes....

Masuaku / Cresswell
    Fonte / Ogbonna
    Antonio / Fernandes
    Sakho / Ayew

• 3 points please, guys
    coyi ;goal ;goal ;goal

• Hope Antonio isn't gonna aggravate his injury he's been gone for months and he's only had one friendly game

Personally

Hart
    Fonte-Reid-Ogbonna
    Zav-Obiang-Noble-Masuaka
    Antonio-Chicarito-Arnie

What I think we will see

Hart
    Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Noble Obiang
    Antonio Ayew Arnie
    Chicarito

Sub: Adrian, Masuaka, Fonte, Byram, Rice, Fernandes, Sakho

Also I would be more than tempted to start rice he has done enough in preseason and against warrant to warrant a place
  • Hart
    Zab - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Obiang
    Antonio - Ayew - Arnie
    Hernandez

Adrian, Arthur, Fonte, Collins, Noble, Fernandes, Sakho
  • I get why most suggest seeing Arthur dropped after his performance against Man Utd, but after just 1 poor game ;hmm
    coyi
  • Rumour going round that Rice starts.
  • Would be happy with that

If they are good enough they should start and he seems good enough

Nobody impressed against United so none of them should be guaranteed a position

Think he will play as a DM in place of Fernandes in a 4-3-3
  • Match day ;wahoo
  • So I reckon:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice - Obiang
    Antonio - Chicharito - Arnautovic
  • Southampton haven't scored in a home game since the Berlin Wall came down.

How quickly do we reckon they'll score against us? I'm going 57 seconds.
    HappyHammer_ishSlojotomkinsworldclass

• ;goal

Pre-match stat: Mark Noble has scored five league goals against Southampton, more than he has managed against any other team.
    SuzanneClaret
  • Hart
    Zabaleta Reid Fonte Cresswell
    Noble Rice
    Antonio Ayew Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Adrian, Ogbonna, Masuaka, Byram Obiang, Fernandes, Sakho

Confirmed on SSN app

Obiang dropped though?
  • Goals in that team. Saints not scored at home on a saturday afternoon (3pm) since Feb....againts west ham
  • Obiang was awful against Man Utd. My guess is that Bilic has taken this opportunity to give Rice a go by dropping Obiang.

I think it's a case of dropping him for this game to see how Rice does rather than Rice now being ahead of Obiang in the pecking order.
This discussion has been closed.