Changes to games and TV schedule

Comments

• OK Suze. If I need someone to be cross on my behalf I'll give you a call. You do cross so well. ;biggrin
  • X actly

;yercoat
  • edited February 2018
    I’m more than happy to lend a hand when ever I can IH ;biggrin
  • I know all about "the matches are subject to change bit" but say you live abroad say in Norway or Scotland and you can only attend a few games a season. You pick one match, are fortunate to get a ticket, book time off from work, flights etc and blow me Sky/BT come along and move the date. It's enough to give you the right hump! ;angry
  • Totally agree Fortune, and I live relatively close.
  • edited February 2018

I know all about "the matches are subject to change bit" but say you live abroad say in Norway or Scotland and you can only attend a few games a season. You pick one match, are fortunate to get a ticket, book time off from work, flights etc and blow me Sky/BT come along and move the date. It's enough to give you the right hump! ;angry

Yes, but Sky announce the dates in batches. This is made clear as soon as the new season's fixtures are released. So people know not to book for one of the 'provisional dates' that aren't fixed until the next announcement. So, right at the start of the season (June) the PL set out the schedule:

matches for August and September -announced in July
    October to November - announced 11 August 2017
    December and January - announced 12 October 2017
    February games - announced 12 December 2017
    March games and 1/4th - came out 25 January 2018
    remaining April games - end of February
    May games - announced 6 April
    Matchweek 38 After all clubs have played 37 matches

https://www.premierleague.com/news/60370

It's quite straightforward.

If someone has to make complicated and expensive (and inflexible) arrangements to see a game, surely they wouldn't book everything if they know the game might be put back a day or two and such a change would completely scupper your attendance and cost a bomb in cancelled flights? If so much depended on it, surely people will wait until the date is confirmed before making all those bookings?

• To change every game in April involving West Ham appears to me to be extreme. No one is saying that booking arrangements are complicated but I think most people know that the earlier you book flights and hotels the cheaper it is and that is why I took a chance with the Stoke game. It didn’t work out on this occasion.
  • edited March 2018
    I'm sure it is frustrating ;ok

But as you say, you took a chance. (Having said that, if I'd been asked to bet on which of the 4 games wouldn't be of much interest to Sky it would have been the Stoke one.)

(As an aside, and you/everyone probably knows - but just in case it can help someone - most of the places on Booking.com offer free cancellation on bookings up to the day before.)
  • Arsenal + Man City have also had 4 games 'moved'.
  • The TV companies do not give a monkeys about the fans who attend games. Simple as that: -

Friday 16th March Spurs v Newcastle 8pm (now postponed)
    Saturday 17th March Man Utd v Brighton 19.45pm
  • Stop funding BT and SKY. Down with the Corporates !
  • Tonight it's Arsenal v Man City and there will be no trains after the game back to Manchester.
  • The Stoke game was moved from the Saturday to the Monday.

My mates train ticket can not be refunded.

Still cross on someone else’s behalf ;angry
  • edited March 2018

Tonight it's Arsenal v Man City and there will be no trains after the game back to Manchester.

Although that's not down to the TV companies: the game had to be moved to a midweek evening because of them being in the Cup last weekend.

Edit: yes there are (scheduled, at least - can't say what will happen with the bad weather). There's an 11pm from Euston. I've checked.
  • Why is there a Spurs home game on a Saturday night on April 14 @ 7.45?

Doesn't that create a few problems?
  • Because SKY said so. Man City fans will have travel problems.
  • I can't think why the Pl agreed to Saturday night games. Apparently it is a 'trial' this season but going to be adopted for next season as a 'thing'.

Separately, is that during the Easter hols in the UK?
  • Easter Sunday is April 1st this year.
  • Cheers ;ok
  • Well that's if you believe me. ;biggrin
  • Ironherb,

All that goes to prove is that away fans, or any for that matter, don't get any consideration, and yes I know sky pay a lot of many for the rights, but they shouldn't be able to disregard the rights of the loyal supporters who travel to follow their teams.
  • Gary Neville seemed to think the Emirates being half empty last night was some kind of protest ? It was absolutely freezing , transport was a disaster and it was rescheduled to a school night. Add in the option of watching live at home in the warm and it was impressive how many actually turned out especially the City fans.
  • Wenger might be a gonna this time, two seasons in Europa (barring them winning the Europa League this season) ? I think the Arsenal board know that this Summer they need a change before the rest of the top 6 leave Arsenal in the dust.
  • Bro

;ok

I like a GNev, but he is capable of talking some right old tosh at times.
  • Grey, I think you do GNev a disservice. He talks right old tosh a lot of the time imo.
  • To anybody who plays the predictor game, the matches Ipswich v Hull, and
    Sheffiel Utd v Burton, have been postponed.
  • MrsGrey said:

I hate Monday night games ;weep

Although that 23rd April one works out OK for me because I am away that weekend and wouldn't get to watch it otherwise. ;wahoo

#conflicted

West Ham United's Premier League trip to Arsenal will now be played on Sunday 22 April, with a 1.30pm kick-off.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/march/22-march/new-date-arsenal-away#KdprHjb3U9qckprv.99

;weep
  • Bought me tickets yesterday and now can't go. ;angry
  • its all so wrong ;angry
  • edited April 2018
    The Man U game that had been postponed is now fixed for Thursday 10 May.
    http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/04-april/manchester-united-date-confirmed