Arnautovic official

2»

Comments

• Re: Manchester City - does anyone know how exactly is "FFP" supposed to work?
  • Loooking forward to watching
  • When Arne realised Walters and Beardsley were going he felt the lack of ambition would hold him back. ;lol
  • I liked what he's said about us in terms of signings, ambition and apparently he cant wait for the season to start + play with Chicharito
  • edited July 2017
    Stoke to West Ham is a sideways move, Rose tinted goggles taken off. The top 6 (plus maybe Everton ?) after that its pretty much anyone and everyone down to the relegation spots.

None of those clubs have Europe, the only factor West Ham have got is that its in London and pays a hefty wedge in comparison. In Terms of football its more entrenched with the rest than on the coat tails of those in front.
  • I agree to an extent Yeold, but we have undoubtedly shown more ambition with our signings compared to Stoke's business, IMO
  • Yeold ;ok

For me there's a question mark over Everton without Lukaku so I'll include them for now, but I see it as the top 6 and then any of: Everton, Us, Stoke, Leicester, Palace, Newcastle, and then potentially the likes of Burnley & Bournemouth being in there too. Then after that you have the 6 who are likely to be in a relegation scrap.
  • Southampton finished above us last couple seasons to ya know....
  • Maybe rose tinted spectacles here but surely we are a 'bigger' and more ambitious club than Burnley and Bournemouth....arguably moreso than all of WBA, Stoke and Palace

I'd say we are about 10th biggest club behind the big six, Everton, Leicester and Newcastle
  • ? what's the difference from Say WBA and WHU ? other than one is situated in London and can pay bigger wages.

West Ham are not breaking the top 6 any time soon. Certainly Arnie / Hernandez and whoever else will not be around to see us in the top 6 if it does happen.

So I cant see how Stoke to West Ham is a Step up. Its a sideways move.
  • ? what's the difference from Say WBA and WHU ? other than one is situated in London and can pay big wages

You've answered your own question, big wages makes a hell of a difference
  • but finishing 8th or finishing 17th makes zero difference since you aren't in Europe and you continue another season in the PL ? so how is moving from Stoke to West Ham a move to a bigger club. I'm pretty sure he has moved for the extra Wonga and letting his brother who is an agent getting a nice slice.
  • Surely, given what we achieved the season before last, the stadium and the signings of Hart and Chicharito, players would reasonably see us as having much better chances of breaking into the top 6/7 (and qualifying for Europe) than Stoke. So I think he will rightly see it as a step up. And the money will help.
  • In the past I judged a big club by the Size of their Stadium.

57K vs 27K at the moment and we're increasing.
  • Living in Stoke vs Living in London
  • There is some very nice pottery available in stoke. A good river, and some sort of oatcake things which are very popular.
  • We have a better river in London.
    Oatcake things are probably available in London along with every other kind of exotica not available in Stoke.
  • Yeold,

All we need to do is win one of the domestic cups and we are in Europe. ;pray
  • Retort to Stoke from Arnies brother Daniel (his agent also) on Claret and Hugh
  • C=H are reporting what was in the Sun, McHammer. ;ok

Here's a link, not to The Sun but to a Stoke paper that reports more fully than C+H what Daniel Arnautovic said. If anyone is interested. (His comments follow the criticism by the Stoke Chairman on Talksport yesterday. (I think someone posted the link to that earlier.)

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/marko-arnautovic-s-brother-in-garbage-attack-on-stoke-city-chairman/story-30458967-detail/story.html
  • "Together they will forever blow bubbles."
    ;ok
  • I'll be honest, when I did that I forgot Southampton and West Brom existed
  • Easily done Alders ;biggrin
  • West Bromwich Accrington... Who are they? ;wink
  • Fazakerley!
  • I heard their chief 'scouse' discovered Wayne Rooney ;wahoo