Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• edited July 2017
    vorse, the caption for the first picture in the Telegraph article is Javier Hernandez celebrates scoring for West Ham ;goal
  • Telegraph, quality broadsheet.... ;doh
  • ;lol Maybe they're ITK.
  • Telegraph, quality broadsheet.... ;doh

Private Eye has regular items on the decline of sub-editing and jouralism at the Torygraph, it's gone from one of the best to one of the worst under the Barclay Bros
  • See what I mean....
  • In the last two seasons 76 league games.
    Andy Carroll has played in 45 . 17 as a sub.

Basically started 28 games.

in my book that means he is injured a lot of the time!!
  • Good spot Hutton, but he makes a difference in the games he does play
  • Hutton

Don't think anyone would argue AC hasn't been injured a lot.

However, he has played more than some seem to want to admit, and been an important player for us.

I've always wanted to see AC in a front 2 with a player like Hernandez.

I know it's a big IF, but imagine if he was fit for most of the season playing with Chicarito...
  • Grey I think we would be realistic Europe top 7.
  • edited July 2017
    TBH I think once we've got these two deals over the line, we need to see if we can stretch to a more disciplined CM and possibly a CB. I still worry about us defensively with the current CM options.

We got cut apart so many times with any two from Obiang, Kouyate and Noble in a CM combo and signing Zabaleta, Arnie and Hernandez won't plug that gap.
  • Grey

The problem is it's a big IF with AC. It's so embarrassing with him that the club's updates on his recoveries are vague at best. The club and in particular Sully must be pretty fed up.

No one at all would question how immense he is when on the field, but as the club's alleged top earner it is not sustainable for him consistently break and be out for lengthy spells IMO
  • I see a Payet situation developing re: Van Dijk. Southampton no doubt would like an auction for his services. Problem is the player has said he will only move to Liverpool apparently. All Liverpool need to do is sit tight and Southampton will need to decide whether they want a toxic influence in the squad or out him at a significantly reduced fee.

Another sad day in the world of football
  • TBH I think once we've got these two deals over the line, we need to see if we can stretch to a more disciplined CM and possibly a CB. I still worry about us defensively with the current CM options.

We got cut apart so many times with any two from Obiang, Kouyate and Noble in a CM combo and signing Zabaleta, Arnie and Hernandez won't plug that gap.

I think were ok at CB. I really rate Burke and would keep him as part of the squad.
    Fonte, Collins, Reid, Ogbonna, Burke is enough IMO

I agree with the need of another center midfielder. A genuine DM would be perfect
  • Lomas on Arnautovic: "He’s got pace, he’s got power and he’s just as silky (as Payet) – I think it’s a good signing."
  • Lomas on Hernandez: "He knows where the back of the net is and he knows the Premier League. It will be great, great signing."
  • ;deadhorse

Spurs left Moussa Sissoko out of their tour of the USA because of a "elevated level of oxygen in a muscle"

Translation: "You're rubbish mate"
  • Are Spurs in a spot of bother? No new signings, Walker gone, Dier has had his head turned, Sissoko wants out. They've had two decent seasons but now appear to be treading water.
  • How long does it take to get Arnautovic to sign seems to take us for ever theres Chealsea getting there man Morata in no time at all and he even had to fly in .have you seen how long it takes to get out of an airport these days ;puzzled .poor little pea must be lost somewhere in baggage claim .
  • How long is Taff Collins beard
  • Herb

There was an article on the BBC about how spurs typically leave their business late, and I think that will happen again.

They'll be fine, and right up there again, imo
  • Some Twitter chatter that Hernandez isn't the only Mexican joining us this window ;hmm

Consensus seems to be it'll be either Carlos Vela or Jurgen Damm, both of which are wingers.

If there's any truth in this at all then I think we could be saying goodbye to both Snodgrass and Feghouli.
  • edited July 2017
    Was talking tonight to a long-time Spurs fan (30+ years) - he reckons Wembley will be a big disadvantage, and rates Trippier as defensively less secure than Walker.

He hopes for no more than top 6. Whereas with Walker, and White Hart Lane, he'd not feel top 2 or 3 was too much to hope for.
  • Randolph off to Boro is doing the twitter rounds.
  • apparently Arnoutouvic and Hernandez to be unveiled Monday or Tuesday.

If the other Mexican is Raul Jiminez that would be amazing. If it is Vela that would be a decent acquisition to. I reckon that would mean Snodgrass and Feghouli both going.
  • BREAKING: Middlesbrough confirm that they have agreed a deal in principle with West Ham to sign Darren Randolph.
  • Had to happen I guess good luck to him
  • Was always going to happen when Hart signed. For me, he is the weakest of the three, and with it being a World Cup year he probably couldn't afford to not be No1 somewhere
  • No problem with that. Got sick of Big Sam chewing gum, and will be happy not to have to watch Randy doing it.
This discussion has been closed.