Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

1353637383941»

Comments

• edited August 2017
    IronHerb said:

If we lose Sakho we will be down to Chicarito and Carroll who is less reliable than sakho

Last 3 seasons - AC 21 in 59, DS 16 in 48. So wrong on this count Champo.
    I think there's meant to be a comma in there and a different definition of reliable!
  • Gold tweeted saying that Sakho is not leaving

While I didn't want him to move you have to ask... what is he doing at Rennes then? Is he trying to force the move

Let's be honest he has had a problem in the past so this might come back to bite us

Also WBA have completed the move of the PSG guy (don't make me spell his name).....great signing for them
  • Think we should be all over Origi on loan tbh. Can play on both wings and up front, has pace, is strong, scores goals.
  • Ohhh ;hmm I don't know alderz, he seems over qualified for me.
  • Ok maybe not less reliable but it's worth noting that at least salho injury was consistent and we knew it was going to keep him out for most of the season

The fact that the difference in appearances is only 11 with Sakho literally missing an entire season with the back injury shows they are both as unreliable as each other
  • If what Gold is now saying is true, why on earth was Sakho in Rennes having a medical. Either he's for sale or he's not or is it common now that players can take medicals wherever they want on the off chance they may get a move.
  • Assuming for a minute that Ex is genuinely ITK, it looks like we're in for a slow day tomorrow.

He says there's a small chance of Carvalho happening, and our back up plan (Gomes of Barca) is even less likely (quite how that's a back up I don't know).

We may do something if we're offered someone like Bats or Wilshere, but from what he said there won't be much happening at all, which makes a mockery of our 'one out, one in' policy.

Oh, and Quina is going on loan to Sheffield Utd. The club that sued us because they weren't good enough to stay up. Yeah, them.
  • http://www.claretandhugh.info/awol-sakho-could-face-hefty-54000-fine/

If true we will then have a sulky sakho on our hands who we will wish we sold.
  • This bit on Sky Sports about Diafra Sakho, if true, is shocking.

"Sky sources reported earlier on Wednesday that he had passed a medical at Rennes ahead of a £9m transfer, although it is understood this had been conducted without West Ham's permission. ... he missed Wednesday's training session and discussed personal terms without consent. ... West Ham are waiting to see if Sakho returns on Thursday".

This is bad. Why keep a player who is so disruptive? The effect on the morale of other players can't be that good. In any case, he is injury prone and the Club have paid him and taken care of him and he has shown what in return? How do we know that he will give 100% if retained at WHU? Or is the theory that because he might be sold in January 2018 (his contract expires in July/August 2018) he might pull up a few trees? I am baffled by all this.
  • If that's true then it's diabolical and reminds me of the forward that tried to go to QPR? on deadline day
  • That's the chestnut!!
  • If Tony Gale did say 4m net over last two seasons he's an absolute muppet!!
This discussion has been closed.