Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Where'd'ya hear that, Lukerz?

(Asking for a FF friend ;wink )

Baz can talk for himself ;whistle
  • Hey! I can be bashful sometimes!

In any case, I suspected the Antonio fitness issue for the start of the season and he's not on my extensive list of potentials (until hes back and firing). A list I will make lengthy analytical notes on and share if you dont be'ave yerselves ;whistle
  • ;thumbsup

I give the board a lot of stick but if they can get us:
    Hart, Zabaleta, Arnautovic, Hernandez

+ a couple more....

Then fair play ;clap
  • Not sure there will be a couple more. Maybe youth prospects. But they have emphasised they want quality over quantity this year.
  • edited July 2017
    I do think the Dave's will sit and wait to see what's around near the end of the window. For example Liverpool want £40m for sturridge and Arsenal apparently want £20m for wilshere plus a buyback clause even though he only has 12 months left on his contract ;lol

Both of these are examples of pie in the sky valuations which will plummet as the window draws to a close and these clubs will be desperate to get rid. Not saying we will or should go for either, but there will be other examples.

I don't think we will be done if we get Hernandez and arny.

I also think at least one of ac and Sakho will be off one way or another
  • reported 20 euros for Hernandez just pay it please ..
  • Only 20 euros? I'll buy him and loan him to the club for a nominal 250k/year if they pick up his wages.
  • Taxi for Brookings ;hmm
  • 17.7m then ;biggrin still buy him tomorrow that's cheap imo .
  • We have also sign a young guy from Ajax, there academy is almost as good as ours...

;whistle
  • Javier Hernandez: West Ham close to deal for Mexican forward
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40669333
  • Getting the players is one thing, but making the best use of them is something else. We all remember how Pardew (or was it Curbishley) had Tevez and Mascherano but did not initially play them. It was only pressure form the crowd that forced him to play I think Bilic wants to change WHU playing style. With Carroll there is a temptation to hoof it and the opposing defences gang up on hi. I think Bilic is looking for more movement up front and more nimble players. That will probably suit Lanzini, Fernandes, Hernandez, Arnautovic and Quina/Martinez (if they make the first team). To do that recruits need to be secured sooner rather than later and learn the new tactics.
  • Pengeman

To be fair, Mascherano didn't play because he couldn't have been less bothered if he'd run out in flip-flops and sunglasses, with a lilo under his arm.

He was kept out of the team by Hayden Mullins - on form!
  • Further reports today that we are still chasing Badou N'Diaye, and have sent representatives to his club for *talks*. He has played in Norway (3 seasons) and currently Turkey (2 seasons) since moving to Europe from Senegal. 26 year old goalscoring CM/ACM who looks decent on youtube...
  • Hernandez is officially happening. I'm rather excited...
  • Am I allowed to feel a bit ;wahoo
  • Although it would be typical us to mess this up at the 11th hour...
  • Anyone else think it's a bit risky to announce it before the contract is signed? ;hmm

But that aside...

;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Let's hope Harry isn't waiting at the airport
  • edited July 2017

Anyone else think it's a bit risky to announce it before the contract is signed? ;hmm

But that aside...

;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo

Yep, but what the hell ;wahoo. ;wahoo. ;wahoo
  • It's on bayer Leverkusen website aswell now
  • It's on bayer Leverkusen website aswell now

;wahoo ;ok
  • edited July 2017
    My theory is that as West Ham are in Austria little chico has crept across the border from Germany signed up and crept back, they will then parade Chico and Arnie at the same time when they arrive back in the U.K.
    ;wink
  • You are aware that you don't just creep down to Austria from Leverkusen? I am not sure where in Austria they are but it would probably be a 10-12h round trip not including any time spent there.
  • £20m apparently.
  • edited July 2017
    Randolph off to Boro apparently. £4.5m.
  • Just checked on google. It is currently a 9h12m trip from Leverkusen to Graz not counting holiday traffic so no way would you do a return journey in a day.
  • Munich, I was only kidding, I don't believe that's what really happened, hence the wink.
This discussion has been closed.