Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• Matty Upson as defence coach ;lol that's like making Zaza as our striking coach
  • Arnie and hernandez then 1 more striker and we are good to go.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

“We are concentrating solely now on signing two attackers, then we will be satisfied,” the Joint-Chairman confirmed.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/july/19-july/joe-hart-best-goalkeeper-i-have-worked-david-sullivan#6wHvV5tCq1hi077r.99
  • Can't say I am happy about paying 24million for Arnautovic, a so called striker
    that has scored just 7 goals in 35 games. On average that works out at 1 goal every
    5 matches. ;doh
  • He's not a striker though, is he? He's a winger. He's not even a striker/winger, he's just a winger.
  • If they are pitching Arnaoutouvic as a striker like Ayew they have no idea on what his actual position is....

We need another striker on top of Hernandez and move on Sakho....
  • He's not a striker though, is he? He's a winger. He's not even a striker/winger, he's just a winger.

If that is the case why did we pay all that money when it was more important to
    get a striker in.
    We needed to get two strikers first. Anything after that would be a bonus.
  • Awkward training today for the GK group...

I assume one of the GK will now leave, I wonder which.

Would hope we keep Adrian but maybe Randolph is the better back up keep in terms of squad harmony.
  • But we have AC and Sakho who no one will buy so we utilise them
  • As what ? the worlds most expensive water boys ? cant utilise someone on the treatment table.
  • Rumours have died down a bit around Andre Gray.
  • Yeold

They aren't pitching him as anything at all.

However, Sullivan talks about two 'attackers', and Arnautovic is an attacking player.
  • I liked this part of the PR
    We said at the start of the summer that we wanted to prioritise quality over quantity and that is what we have done, and what we will continue to do.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/july/19-july/joe-hart-best-goalkeeper-i-have-worked-david-sullivan#i0rrCv48fC3rp2mg.99
    It also advises focus on 'attackers' not 'strikers'. Many appeared to agree that creativity has been lacking, strikers do not opportunities created before they can put them away ...
  • Just because Dave has said that we're targetting two signings doesnt mean it will only be two. If he said 4 and we only managed to sign two people would be disappointed
  • If we manage to move players on (Sakho, Snoddy etc) then we may have the funds and spare wages to go for Gray or someone else.

But if we get the little pea we will have 3 strikers, 2 youth strikers and Ayew who can play up top all sitting on the wage bill and not able to play at the same time.
  • alderz said:

Just because Dave has said that we're targetting two signings doesnt mean it will only be two. If he said 4 and we only managed to sign two people would be disappointed

He did say 'solely' though.

I suppose it could be 'solely concentrating on' rather than concentrating on 'solely two attackers' ;hmm
  • Bye-bye, Adrian. I will miss you.
  • I get the feeling of that to Adam. Disappointed as I really liked Adrian, should hopefully get a reasonable fee for him though. 8m ?
  • edited July 2017
    Maybe we loan him out for a year... ;whistle
  • edited July 2017
    Reaction to the completed Hart signing, and #keepergate comments moved to the Hart thread ;ok
  • From Sky Sports transfer centre

West Ham are expected to sign Javier Hernandez "in a matter of days", according to Sky sources.

The former Manchester United striker, who almost joined the Hammers when he left Old Trafford two years ago, has a £13m release clause in his Bayer Leverkusen contract.

Sky Sports News understands the Mexico international wants to return to the Premier League.

If completed, Hernandez’s first league outing for his new club would be against United at Old Trafford on August 13, live on Sky Sports Premier League.
  • Lukerz ;ok

Hernandez is the kind of player who better teams than us might come in for last minute. He'd score goals for any top side, IMO, even if he was an impact sub.

I'm really desperate for that transfer to happen ASAP, as I think he'll be a big signing for us.
  • Get Arnie and cheeko and I'm more than happy .
  • Clever business if these other 2 deals come off with plenty of cash left in the bank
    if a real top class player becomes available at the end of August I think we will go in for another striker if this was the case .
  • ;fence

Balde Keita has been left out of Lazio's squad for their friendly today. @DiMarzio says Inter Milan are NOT close to signing him.
  • Brookings ;ok There's still a chance we could go on for Bats on loan if, for arguments sake, Chelsea followed up their interest and got Aguero. If ( ;pray ) we do get Hernandez, then it takes the pressure off a bit.

Hart, Zaba, Arnie and Hernandez would represent great business and it would address out biggest areas of weakness, and then we can see what develops later on in the window and maybe capitalise on something because we want to rather than needing to.
  • Sully got it wrong last year not just the signings many stupid statements on sky
    about world class strikers we was trying to sign , up to now has been the total opposite maybe to much the other way but I for one will be happy with the business
    if we get the other two and maybe one big surprise before the window shuts .

• IMG_20170719_175216

Don't go to bed ;wahoo
  • edited July 2017
    Sullivan Jr has replied to SoccerAM tweet saying Hernandez doesn't have a release clause of £13m.

Potentially because we've signed him??? ;pray
  • Kouyate and Antonio to miss first few games of season.
  • Where'd'ya hear that, Lukerz?

(Asking for a FF friend ;wink )
This discussion has been closed.