Joe Hart -(was 'signs - official' - we haven't signed him permanently.)

Comments

• Vorselaar

Well, to some people.
  • If you look at West Ham articles currently online today, a lot of them are about Adrian hitting back at Sully's comments.

Now, I don't really care for most journalists/newspapers, but there are plenty who do. In what way is this negative PR helpful?

What if potential signings see it and think they don't fancy being hung out to dry by the owner?

And that's the thing for me, he may not of meant anything by it but it's another gaff

File it next to "all the debt will be gone when we move"
  • Grey, as a teacher (I think you're a teacher ;hmm Are you a teacher?), would you say publicly state that one child in your class is the best child you've ever taught, irrespective of whether it was true, knowing that the other children in the class would see it?

Genuinely interested, because although I know the situations are different, to me the principle is the same
  • Slizzy

We'll agree to disagree then.

All I see is people desperately searching for anything to bash Sully with, based on nothing .

Fair enough mate, I just think it's so frustratingly avoidable ;ok

Just when we appear to be doing things properly and the "right" way he does this which prompts a response from his former number 1 keeper.

Anyone see that someone stuck a "long live the Boleyn" sticker on Goldie's Roller last night
  • edited July 2017
    Anyone see that someone stuck a "long live the Boleyn" sticker on Goldie's Roller last night
    Rumour has it it was MacAvennie
  • Jorderz

;ok

Fair enough.

I'm not doubting your sincerity, I just can't share your outrage or dismay.

;ok

I'm neither outraged nor dismayed, and I think you know that. I just think it's unnecessary, and quite poor.

I'd love to know what you think are the potential positives of Sully's comments, and how they balance with the potential negatives.
  • Vorselaar

Well, to some people.

Obviously...
  • Anyone see that someone stuck a "long live the Boleyn" sticker on Goldie's Roller last night
    Rumour has it it was MacAvennie

;hmm I think I may have his waterproof trousers, looking at what written on the side label ;bowdown
  • edited July 2017
    OCS

Retired from classroom, still do a bit of individual.

As you say, it isn't a comparable situation, and I would see no reason for saying it, but whether you say it or not, the kids still know.

In a competitive employee market I don't see that what Sully has said is wrong.

It's what most West Ham fans think, and are saying on so-shallow media.

Slav is the one who has to manage players on a daily/weekly/yearly basis and he was more 'diplomatic', but does anyone seriously think he doesn't expect Hart to be our No 1?

I play pool once a week with a bunch of lads (well, over 50's, mostly.) There are two stand out players, and a few of us who aren't bad.

If someone were to say we needed to enter a two player competition, I wouldn't imagine that I would be one of the two, regardless of what anyone said.

I might expect to be in with a shout if one of the two couldn't make it, but I wouldn't kid myself I was as good as them.

Jorderz

Wrong choice of adjectives then. Wasn't trying to be funny. How about 'frustration' and 'disappointment'?

I don't really see negatives (no massive positives either) I just don't see it as a 'thing'.
  • Adrian welcomes Hart into training today

"I see you've met our chairman...."

• Thanks g t I d
    ;ok
  • Adrian welcomes Hart into training today

"I see you've met our chairman...."

Yeah. He thinks I'm better than you two and you know what, I am.
  • None of this would of blown up if Adrian had n't posted what he did aswell to be fair
  • He did so well keeping quiet up to now but he just couldn't help himself could he.
  • None of this would of blown up if Adrian had n't posted what he did aswell to be fair

True, the reaction hasn't helped, but to me just proves how unhelpful and unnecessary Sully's comments were
  • IMG_20170719_180012

Missed this one from this morning. So definitely no deal agreed as part of the loan
  • Why are we doing this? He is not England's #1. He wasn't good enough for the Italian club. We have Adrian and Randolph. Sorry, but I think this is one bad trade.
  • edited July 2017
    Because he's an improvement on what we have and the manager wants him?

Adrian and Randolph appeared to be in a competition to see who could get dropped the quickest last season....and Slav left it a bit too late when dropping Randolph

We conceded X amount of goals way too many and this will hopefully help stop that, but there are no guarantees in football
  • How is he not England's #1 exactly?
  • Alderz

Because he now plays for West Ham ;lol
  • Adam is right, now that he has joined us, he will be summarily dropped from the England squad
  • edited July 2017
    baracks

Only because he will achieve instant legend status by refusing to take part in any squad where Marky Mark is not called up.
  • number 1 or not much better keeper than the other 2 imo .
  • edited July 2017
    Zab schooling Hart.... ;footie "welcome to west ham my friend"

• edited July 2017
    vorse, I am trying to fix it for you ;ok

But not having much success ;weep When I try to embed it, I only get the text. Maybe the forum permissions don't allow it.

I will delegate to my trusty IT assistant ;wink
  • Added the direct link - not sure why the video won't embed...
  • It is embedded for me
  • edited July 2017
    Cheers, alderz.

Me too, now - not sure what the delay was.

• I still have serious reservations about this deal as I have written previous; regarding his form, disrupting our other two GK's, and how this deal is structured (loan, could leave us in the lurch next season).

However, I will concede that at his best he is a top GK. If he does well and decides to sign with us long term it could be a very good deal for us, as at 30 he has many years ahead as a top GK. On top of this, both our current boys had pretty poor seasons last, and finally he is English, which is needed for our team as our homegrown quota is quite low at the mo!

Really hoping this all goes well. I will support him with all I've got. Come on Hart! COYI
  • alderz said:

It is embedded for me

I should seek medical advice if I were you ;yercoat
This discussion has been closed.