Joe Hart -(was 'signs - official' - we haven't signed him permanently.)

Comments

• Me right now

You can hide, but you can't...

Oh.

No.

Actually, you can't hide. ;biggrin

We know where you are and have the #modpower to track you down and change your username. ;hippo
  • The mods need to enforce the name change - a promise is a promise ;lol
  • I wouldnt hold anyone back who's ambitious to win more things. However, after we've signed Hernandez, Arnautovic and Keita we'll have to make decisions about losing to Astra in Europe again ;wink
  • Super signing, although I'm hoping the rumour of not having a view to sign him outright turns out to be false; but either way, if he produces the kind of level we know he can, then perhaps we could try and make it permanent in January instead. I am concerned though because it is a world cup year and if has a good season and world cup other clubs could come in for him to prize him away, or if Guardiola struggles again he could quit and open up the door for Hart return to MCFC. No doubting his quality or what he brings to club in my mind, an excellent addition to the team and one which can certainly give us that bit extra to help us potentially win some silverware if the situation arises. ;thumbsup ;thumbsup
  • Apparently there is an option to buy, but no obligation. That's what City sources have said according to a Sun journalist on Twitter.
  • So the Sun states that an option is an option! They know their business those boys
  • Forgot that G&S signed Hart on loan when they were at BCFC.
  • Well that will make Adrian and Randolph feel much better about things.

It's one thing to think it, buy to publicly state it is pretty poor form, IMO.
  • Reminded why they've shut up this summer so far.
  • The biggest test of Hart’s goalkeeping credentials may well be how many times he can stop Sully’s foot from nestling in his own mouth.
  • edited July 2017
    Lukerz ;ok

At least Bilic had the good grace to say 'we now have three good 'keepers at the club and competition is good for everyone.'

But then tact has never been one of Sully's strong points.
  • He's only stating the obvious
  • Maybe Herbie, but he shouldn't be, IMO. It shows a real lack of respect for Adrian and Randy
  • edited July 2017
    Honestly don't get why some people seem to take every opportunity to stick it to Diddy D.

What has he done? He's said that a signing we have made is a top-quality player.

What, he should never say anything, ever?

Lots of people on here are insisting that Hart is miles better than our current keepers, yet Sullivan isn't allowed to say diddly about him?

Don't get it at all.
  • Grey,

He is, but what is the benefit of him coming out and saying that? Only has negative consequence as far as I can see.
  • Jorderz

Seriously, what negative consequences?

Do you think our two keepers don't know that the club rate Hart higher than them?

That they don't know he has been brought in to be No 1?

I can't see how what Sully says produces anything negative at all, apart from reaction in certain sections of our fans.
  • The last player Sullivan signed on the basis that he'd worked with him at Birmingham was Zarate.
  • Grey,

He is, but what is the benefit of him coming out and saying that? Only has negative consequence as far as I can see.

Why does it? Our current keepers will know that Hart is an amazing keeper. These are adults we are talking about here. It's not as if he is saying that our other keepers are total rubbish.
    If my boss re-employed someone he had worked with previous in the same roll as me and said he was the best he had ever worked with in that roll, I would look to learn what this person did that made him so great.
    I wouldn't suddenly think that the boss thought I was worthless and rubbish, just that this person was someone who you can learn from.
  • Grey,

If its obvious to everybody then why does he need to say it?

If Hart breaks his leg today, one of those two goalkeepers will suddenly become very important again. It's not ideal motivation.

I can't see any positive from him coming out and saying it. If he thinks Hart is the best thing since sliced bread, tell him in private.
  • edited July 2017
    As Jorderz says, Sully claiming hart is the best ‘keeper he’s worked with has no positive consequence at all; quite the opposite, in fact, IMO.

Within my department at work, there are three people at my grade. No doubt my boss has opinions about each of us, but if he stated in public that one of us were the best he’d ever worked with, what would that do to the motivation and confidence of the other two?

I just think he could have approached it in the same way as Bilic and said ‘we’re delighted to have signed a great ‘keeper who will add exceptional competition to our other ‘keepers’.
  • then you see the retweet from Adrian...
  • ;ok swift
  • In reference to Bilic's quote below, I assume:

"We are very lucky – we now have three very good goalkeepers,” he said. “When we found out that Joe was definitely going to sign, I spoke to both Adrian and Randy and explained the situation.

“They are both great professionals. Of course, in an ideal world, I would like everyone to be happy but, as a football manager, that is not possible."

Which is a much more considered and respectful response to signing Hart, IMO.
  • Well if ever there was a horses mouth I think Adrian's tweet is it....
  • And he didn't say he hadnt
  • edited July 2017
    I'm expecting the 'Hart 1' shirt to he hung up at the OS in time for the season start.
  • As a loanee? Really?
  • I enjoy fireworks ;quaver
This discussion has been closed.