2»

Comments

• IronHerb said:

I think Nobes days are numbered

Copy and paste from the last 4 summers ;wink
  • edited July 2017
    IronHerb said:

I think Nobes days are numbered

He's still captain and Kouyate's injured.

----------Hart-------------
    ---Fonte - Reid - Ogbonna----
    Zab - Noble - Obiang - Creswell
    ----Lanzini - Arnautovic------
    --------Hernandez-----------

Maybe Collins for Fonte and Antonio for Arnautovic
  • noble has the great tendency not to be injured which kind of garrantees him 20 games a season...
  • Assuming these signings mean we play more like the style of two seasons ago, I think Noble will be far more dynamic and box to box than last year. My prediction is that he will be one of our stand outs this year.
  • edited July 2017
    Ald ;ok - he went from consistently having Sakho, Carroll, Payet, Lanzini, Moses and Antonio ahead of him to Calleri, Fletcher, Zaza, Snodgrass, Feghouli and Ayew, with a bit of Antonio and Carroll thrown in every now and then and Payet only here for 50% of the season.

Lanzini was the only constant.

With Antonio, Lanzini, Arnautovic and Hernandez to make runs, I'm sure he'll dictate games more with his passing tempo.
  • ----------Hart-------------
    ---Zab - Reid - Ogbonna-Cresswell---
    Antonio- Noble - Obiang - Arnautovic
    ---- -----Lanzini -------
    --------Hernandez-----------
  • edited July 2017
    We should be alright, looks like Jose is worried about us, so expect him to park the bus and go for a 0-0....

Mourinho: "We need more when they see other teams get players and good players and important players, Man City and Liverpool and West Ham."
  • Do not believe a word that comes out of his mouth
  • Classic mind games from Jose.
  • London News report that Feg is carrying an 'undisclosed' injury, and that AC and Antonio have stayed behind in the UK for further conditioning work.

So assuming Antonio isn't fit for the start of the season, and Feghouli is sold in the near future, are we looking at Snodders starting on the right against Man U? ;hmm
  • Arnie Lanzini Ayew probably.
  • Or Ayew or 4-3-2-1 maybe
  • This is the problem with signing no other players. It forces us to go with a formation.

Providing Antonio isn't fit, we'll be forced to play 3-4-2-1. If we stick to 4 at the back, we either have to go Ayew as a winger (too adventure at OT), Snodgrass (not good enough) or we bring in Fernandes (not ready IMO) to play as a three in the middle with Nobes and Obiang, leaving Cullen as our back-up on the bench (assuming Kouyate is out).

I imagine we'll go 3-4-2-1 with Arnie or Ayew and Lanzini off Chicharito.
  • You can't sign an infinite amount of players to cover injuries and then potential injuries after that.

We can't spend a load of money just because Antonio and Kouyate might miss the first game of the season.
  • why not ;biggrin
  • Cos we're still £100m in debt ;hmm
  • I think Fernandes did enough towards the end of last season to fill a spot on one of the wings, or CM.
  • Especially with Zabaleta supporting him but feel for wing back maybe go with byram if he's available

Hart
    Zab Reid Ogbonna Cress
    Obiang Noble
    Arnie Lanzini Ayew
    Hernandez

Hart
    Fonte Reid Ogbonna
    Zab Obiang Noble Cress
    Lanzini Hernandez Arnie

• If have arthur in for cressers
  • How long is Antonio out for.
  • McHammer said:

If have arthur in for cressers

So would I but I feel Bilic will go for Cresswell
  • The X factor.....

IMG_1289
  • And now bring your left arm up and across the right arm..........