Angelo Ogbonna (signs new 5-year deal) Interview

2»

Comments

• Yea i'm pretty sure he's the quickest Centre back we've had for a good few years

I mean looking at our CB's, Reid, Tomkins, Collins, Fonte, Upson, Gabbidon, Da Costa etc none of those I would say were as fast as Ogbonna
  • edited February 2018
    Which is worrying as I am not convinced Ogbonna is even that fast to begin with. Not that as a CB you need a lot of pace, but I think the game is evolving in a way that you need pace across all positions these days. Full backs playing attacking roles, most midfielders playing box to box, Centre backs bringing it out to the centre circle.
  • I don't really agree personally, don't think pace is a paramount importance and there just aren't many centre backs that i'd consider "quick"

Off the top of my head can only think of Ramos, Varane & Boeteng that I would call quick, and even if they are they aren't going to beat most wingers for pace. Collins and Fonte are what I'd call slow, but Ogbonna isn't imo

I do think at CB we need an improvement (especially as they are all now 30+) but currently the one who is least likely to be replaced is Ogbonna (if he keeps this form up)
  • Davinson Sanchez is lightning ;ok

I would prefer some pace at the back, tbh. But I would prefer pace all over the pitch.
  • Davinson Sanchez you say? I’ll just leave this here. ;lol