Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

The London Stadium Season Two (2017/18)

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Im a season ticket holder at Ebbsfleet ;lol will be playing the Orient as well :)
  • Does anyone know when the next set of stones are being installed. My wife ordered ours for my birthday last August, and it'll soon be my next birthday, with no sogn of it arriving, or anyone at the club seeming to know much about them ;weep
  • Sure, but their budget is about a gazillion times as big as ours. I reckon Manuel Neuer could keep out our strikers by himself, then run the length of the pitch and get Ginge to concede a pen.
    MrsGrey
  • are we increasing the Capacity to 66k ? isn't that the max we can get out of the stadium before distance from the pitch cannot let us go the full hog of the stadium
  • edited July 2017
    EDIT: wrong thread
  • Going to get some rugby at the OS in March. Hope the turf holds up alright, we've got a game the week after!
    Laurasupababe
  • Evening standard
    How premier league are done
    And this

Thompson also says clubs should ideally not start or end the season with two home or away matches in a row, though the London 2017 Athletics World Championships at London Stadium mean West Ham will begin the campaign with a run away from their home ground
  • edited July 2017
    Liverpool did it last season.
  • If only we lived in an ideal world.

#trophies
  • If this is a one off, fine otherwise won't be happy if we have to do this more often, at some point it could catch up with us.

In other news, hearing that there could be some more season tickets sold soon, not sure that SOLD OUT sign was actually 100% spot on, Band 5 is the rest aren't.
  • Perhaps they identified all the Liverpool fans with season tickets and took them back ;biggrin
    PrestonHammerSuzanneClaretExpat_HammerKuchinghammer
  • Yeah probably ;biggrin

Shouldn't laugh, by all accounts a Spurs fan chirped up he was happy with his FOUR tickets the other day
  • Slizzy

Perhaps we've got the safety cert for the next part of the ground?
  • I think they would have announced that.
    Slaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • The 'more tickets on sale' is just a rumour and just a 'could be' at this stage. Maybe if/when it's confirmed we'll have been told the reason why.
  • New Article on C & H

London Stadium owners held a secret meeting last week to discuss the future funding of E20 Stadium LLP which owns the stadium which continues to make huge losses.
  • edited July 2017
    The more tickets is because someone phoned the ticket office and got told that information.....who knows perhaps they held some back for a reason
  • Slizzy

Can't see that it would have made sense for the club to say they had sold all available STs if they hadn't.

Seems more likely a new tranche may become available. Or the person at the ticket office doesn't have the right gen...
    imagelost
  • 'there could be' is a bit vague isn't it. Did your informant ask about why/how/under what circs, Izzy?
  • McHammer said:

New Article on C & H

London Stadium owners held a secret meeting last week to discuss the future funding of E20 Stadium LLP which owns the stadium which continues to make huge losses.

E20 doesn't own the stadium, it manages it on behalf of the owners. C&H could do with a bit of sub-editing......
    imagelost
  • According to Brady 52000 new season ticket cards are being sent out over the next couple of weeks.
  • Is that a lot, Ted?

SuzanneClaret
  • From the EFL website
    In the event that West Ham United are drawn at home in Round Two of the Carabao Cup then they will be given special dispensation by the EFL Board to play the fixture at the opposition’s venue, due to a previously agreed arrangement that the London Stadium was to stage the 2017 IAAF World Championships in August.
    https://www.efl.com/news/2017/august/efl-statement-carabao-cup-draw---west-ham-united/.

Elsewhere its reported that we will have to compensate the team who would have been visiting the London Stadium, the EFL will decide how much
  • What a joke.

What happened to all our 'fixtures taking priority over all other events'?

;doh
    imagelost
  • Lukerz said:

What a joke.

What happened to all our 'fixtures taking priority over all other events'?

;doh

Athletics were always guaranteed priority over everything else and S&G knew this when they signed the deal
    Slaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • Not what they said though.
    Slaven_Cups_His_Beard
  • edited August 2017
This discussion has been closed.