Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

The great British BBQ thread.

So is everyone doing one this weekend? Seems rude not to.

Anyone have any particular favourite things to set fire to on the BBQ? Any good recipes? Marinades? Etc. Beer of choice?

Comments

• Sweat ;wave

BBQ for me today, just sitting in the garden with an ice cold ;beer
    Got a couple of new ciders to try later ;whistle
  • Hello Sweat, how you doing fella?

I can recommend going to a proper butchers, and getting a rack of ribs. Marinade overnight in pretty much any home made gear but add molasses or honey. Then cook slowly not over the coals but to one side, leave them covered, and 5 minutes before serving chuck a can of lager over them. Bud or San Miguel, something you don't mind wasting. ;cider
    Returnofthesweatband
  • Thus far I've procured venison steaks, chicken thighs, belly pork and pork chops. No ribs available.

Got a few cans of red stripe. Going to have to go to Tesco first thing to get the rest.

Boiling new potatoes to make a potato salad in readiness.

How is everyone?
  • Sweat, chicken thighs and a limoncello reduction marinade, to die for
  • Hello Sweat, how you doing fella?

I can recommend going to a proper butchers, and getting a rack of ribs. Marinade overnight in pretty much any home made gear but add molasses or honey. Then cook slowly not over the coals but to one side, leave them covered, and 5 minutes before serving chuck a can of lager over them. Bud or San Miguel, something you don't mind wasting. ;cider

Hold up, you don't mind wasting San Miguel? Get out...
    ReturnofthesweatbandPrestonHammer
  • Sweat, chicken thighs and a limoncello reduction marinade, to die for

That's sounds interesting, though would require buying limoncello.. something I'd never drink. Only time I've had it is if we go out for an Italian as they seem to give you a shot of it.

I've started marinating the belly pork in honey, soy sauce and paprika.

May see if I can buy some molasses in the morning.
  • The reduction takes a while, you could cheat and use lemon juice ;lol
  • The reduction takes a while, you could cheat and use lemon juice ;lol

Never been a fan of lemon flavoured meat. Had a terrible experience on a hangover in a Chinese restaurant. Had that weird lemon chicken which had thick glupey lemon sauce. Prompted vomited all over the toilet cubicle. Didn't make it in time to take aim.
  • edited June 2017
    Hello Sweat how are you?

We are doing are family BBQ at my Dads house, where I grew up and we have been living since January. There'll be 18 of us.....so not much quiet ;lol

I've marinated some chicken legs overnight in some red wine, we'll also have the usual burgers and veggie burgers, new potatoes, salad and salmon steaks. Looks like it's going to be scorcher again today ;biggrin
    IMG_0301
    Returnofthesweatband
  • Laus how the devil are you?

Every time I've popped in, your never here.

My Mrs is freaking out as basically we have an uninvited guest coming now. My mate wants to bring a bird. She has been up since 6 cleaning the house. .. pahaha.

Going to do a shop run shortly. More beer accidentally drank a fair bit of the booze for today yesterday.
    Laurasupababemike
  • edited June 2017
    Time for a Pimm's ;biggrin
  • edited June 2017
    Oh alright it's my 2nd.......oh alright it's my 3rd ;lol ;lol

IMG_0305
  • Just about to start making mojitos.

Was meant to serve food at 3.still not served any food.
    Laurasupababe
  • Drinks must be in order though Sweat...
  • I just hosed myself down in the garden and inadvertently sprayed water on the old miserable cow over the fence. Just been given a dressing down by a 70 year old.
    Laurasupababe
  • edited June 2017
    Did you apologise?

Invite her over for a drink?

Offer her a plate of food?

She might be mollified by a mojito :-)
  • She's not very nice. We hear her when she has Her grandchildren. She is utterly vile to them.

I'd rather hang the hose over the fence and soak the miserable old cow.
    Laurasupababe
  • Well I'm going to embrace Monday like a session of norovirus. Can't wait. I've drank a bottle of spiced rum.

I fear the worst.
    Laurasupababe
  • We are currently trying to pick music for our wedding..

Mrs suggested I walk down the aisle to sharing man by the smiths.

I said I'd do it to heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Sat on my own now.
    Laurasupababe
  • You can edit posts (slightly new system) by hovering over top right of original and a cog icon pops up, click + choose 'edit'. There's a time limit though ;ok

• Sat on my own now.

Could be worse, she could deploy the hosepipe ....
    ReturnofthesweatbandLaurasupababeSuzanneClaret
  • MrsGrey said:

Sat on my own now.

Could be worse, she could deploy the hosepipe ....
    The Mrs or my mental neighbour?
    Laurasupababe
  • Or both.

I think they should form an alliance.
    LaurasupababeSuzanneClaret
  • Currently sitting here with two drinks to chose... Pimms (with ice) or Corona Lager.....either way it's a hangover the red wine ;redwine ran out ages ago ;lol ;lol
    Returnofthesweatband