Pre-season training camps and fixtures (West Ham)

Comments

• SSN just reported that Lanzini will miss the two games with Bremen with a knee injury
  • Matchday squad West Ham United: Adrian, Hart, Anang, Matrevics, Byram, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Masuaku, Collins, Ogbonna, Fonte, Reid, Burke, Rice, Makasi, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Obiang, Noble, Fernandes, Cullen, Holland, Arnautovic, Ayew, Martinez
  • I thought Sakho was '100% fit - D Gold' ???
  • Feel we are short of midfielders/attackers just looking at it especially with Feghouli and maybe Snodgrass on their way out
  • edited July 2017

I thought Sakho was '100% fit - D Gold' ???

No, fit to join training with the rest of the squad (as in 'injury-free) ;ok

Twitter....

Good news. Diafra Sakho should start training with the first team squad in the next day or so. Good luck Diafra. dg

• my bad

Good enough to transfer out ???? ; ;thumbsup
  • Well, not a half to be added to a 'Best of' DVD...
  • Team is basically second string tbf so not surprising to hear it's been uneventful

Adrian
    Collins Burke Rice
    Byram Cullen Makasi Noble Cressers
    Holland Martinez

Expect to see maybe a couple of the bigger guns like Arnoutovic, Ayew, Obiang etc
  • Change of team at 60 mins
  • Bit livelier after the changes, but honestly, a lot of the players seemed to be treating it like a pre-season game...
  • Oh yeah, that ponytailed WB player is a cheat. Went down clutching his face and gesturing to the ref that he got an elbow in the head. Surprise surprise, replay shows nobody touched his face. ;angry
  • West Ham United: Adrian, Byram (Zabaleta 60), Burke (Arnautovic 60), Collins (Fonte 60), Cresswell (Masuaku 60), Rice, Noble © (Obiang 34), Cullen (Fernandes 60), Holland (Snodgrass 60), Makasi, Martinez (Ayew 60)
    Subs not used: Hart (GK), Ogbonna
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/july/28-july/hammers-edged-werder-betway-cup-first-leg#Rm3ZvUu13zeqdMY5.99

With Nobes presumably injured, and the 2 kids who played the full 90 presumably not able to play, and Obiang only good for 30 mins probably .... will we actually have a team for tomorrow? ;hmm
  • Adrian impressed as always as did Holland and Masuaku.Things can only get better ;quaver ;quaver
  • From what I've heard

Rice is a star......deployed as a deep lying playmaker/midfielder he apparantly was class!!

Masuaka showed more in 30 mins than Cresswell did in 60

Obiang was different class in midfield compared to Noble, Fernandes, Cullen etc

Martinez is a poacher and if he isn't gonna get chances in the box his build up play leaves a lot to be desired

Holland is a exciting prospect who has impressed in every game

Byram and Collins were particularly poor in the first half

Adrian is a class backup probs the reason why he wants to leave

Ayew has been a ghost in every game He's played even in preseason
  • You really can't analyse player performances in training games.
  • edited July 2017
    Imagine tomorrow the XI will be:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Fonte - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Obiang - Fernandes
    Snodgrass - Ayew - Arnautovic
    Chicharito (?)
  • edited July 2017
    Don't think that Chicarito is due to play tomorrow.
  • Gotta get him involved at some point
  • edited July 2017
    The plan was that those who played 30mins today will start tomorrow. So that team. ;ok

But, they are all due to be subbed off for the last 30mins, for

Byram - Burke - (Collins if not injured) - Cresswell
    Cullen (Noble if not injured)
    Holland - (Lanzini if not injured) - Arnautavic
    Martinez

If any of the potentially injured can't play, someone will have to either push themselves for the full 90 or one of the kids who played 90 yesterday will have to do another half an hour.

I doubt Chicarito could play - it'll be his 3rd day of pre-season!

• Slavs already said he won't play this weekend.
  • According to the Mirror we've already got a Hernandez song to the tune of La Bamba
  • I watched the game in the pub yesterday and I was very boring, but a couple of things stood out.

1. Sam Byram dives in so much and if he doesn't win the ball is wildly out of position.
    2. Declan Rice looked very enthusiastic and physical. He was probably the stand out player for me.
    3. Nathan Holland did absolutely nothing in the first half, but tore the left back to shreds in the first 15 of the second.
    4. Makasi, Martinez and Cullen were extremely quiet, which was a shame
  • I'm pretty boring too

;lol
  • Just a fruit juice Alderz?
  • Um Bongo ;thumbsup

(#RavLure)
  • I should remember that I, the person who ran a stats blog for two years, doesn't need to remind people I'm boring
  • alderz said:

I should remember that I, the person who ran a stats blog for two years, doesn't need to remind people I'm boring

;nonono ;whome ;hug
  • ;nonono

#statlyfe ;cool
  • According to the Mirror we've already got a Hernandez song to the tune of La Bamba

I shared it on his thread ;thumbsup
  • Lukerz said:

Imagine tomorrow the XI will be:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Fonte - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Obiang - Fernandes
    Snodgrass - Ayew - Arnautovic
    Chicharito (?)

Almost.