Pre-season training camps and fixtures (West Ham)

Comments

• Maybe Ginge misunderstood what the missus meant when she suggested freezing a sperm sample.....
  • Does anyone know if the Fulham match, 20th July, is on tv anywhere (any country)?

One of my best mates is a fan and we'd like to watch it together.
  • edited July 2017
    Eski

Premier sports (Eng) and Sport TV2 Portugal. I've started a separate streams thread here: http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10225
  • Superb, thank you Grey ;thumbsup
  • Ice Bucket Challenge.... Ginge of course goes for the full dip...

19983474_1618463471520196_6352990003514774460_o

Looks like a Creswell is saying "Stone me Ging were you on the curry again last night"
  • Anyone know where Martin Samuelsen is? ;hmm
  • First game tomorrow AC Sakho Antonio Reid injured.
    Ogbonna is back...

Our striker are Fletcher, Martinez.

OCS no mention of Samuelson.... ;hmm
  • I know that the U23s had a game yesterday but are we not one of the later clubs to start friendly games?

Pretty sure almost all teams have had their first friendly by now, excluding maybe one or 2

Happy to see some of the younger players use this opportunity hopefully to impress especially Fletcher and Martinez who have no competition atm for the striker position at least for a couple weeks

Also hoping that Burke, Rice, Cullen, Browne, Hollan and Makasi can make an impression as they are probably closest to the first team right now
  • edited July 2017
    Leicester, Man City,and us not played yet, according to this.
    https://www.premierleague.com/summer-friendly-fixtures

9 other clubs are just the one game ahead of us:
    Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Palace, Everton, Newcastle, Saints, West Brom

(This is an update on my initial post, as I found better data ;ok )

• Something I noticed following the Arnie story, stoke already seem to have had a few games.

Interesting the different route managers take, shows there is not an exact science to preseason.
  • Yes, especially when a club's decision on its pre-season games will be influenced to some extent by its marketing objectives in addition to its fitness/conditioning/training/playing objectives.
  • As long as no one gets a injury like last time (Carroll, Cresswell, Feghouli etc)

See the match day squad has 24 players most of which are probably first teamers

Interested to see if he goes 3 or 4 at the back

Adrian
    Zaba Rice Ogbonna Cressy
    Cullen Kouyate Lanzini
    Feghouli Fletcher Ayew

Randy
    Byram Burke Collins Masuaka
    Fernandes Noble Obiang
    Snodgrass Martinez Holland

1st and 2nd half teams
  • IronHerb said:

Looking at Carroll missus Instagram looks like Carroll is more interested in sunbathing and being at pool party's then getting fit for the new season it really is a joke.

How do you know he isn't fit?
    IronHerb said:

Hang on! AC and Sakho won't be back for start of pre season, or did I get that wrong? ;hmm

MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

why has he been given extra time off? He hasn't been playing for England has he so just baffles me. ;hmm

Has he? Can you say where you saw it, or give a link, 'cos I haven't seen that and I'm interested. Ta very much ;ok
    OK, question answered. Move along, nothing to see here ;whome
    Shock horror, not fit...

shot_2017-07-16_15-13-01
  • edited July 2017
    Twist

For me, the difference is getting the information from the club, rather than the Internet equivalent of this bloke I know who knows the girlfriend of the driver of a bloke who knows...

Time will tell if, as per the rumour, he would not be fit for the start of the season.
  • Carroll not fit eh? ;hmm

As I said 2 weeks ago, he won't play at Man Utd IMO.
  • I would question the decision of the club to use AC as one of the three to front the new kit on its website. I mean quite right for the likes of nobes and lanzini to do so, but I would say a more prominent contributor to our 16/17 cause would have been more appropriate than AC?
  • Strange but the way I read Lewins remarks was that AC and Sakho may not play any pre season games as the intent is to have them ready for the start of the season. Time will tell.
  • Oi, what 'choo doin' 'ere.

Get on with yer 'ollidays.
  • IronHerb said:

Strange but the way I read Lewins remarks was that AC and Sakho may not play any pre season games as the intent is to have them ready for the start of the season. Time will tell.

What season are we talking about. ;hmm
  • Ayew likes shooting at the keeper
  • An entirely expected, slightly underwhelming 45 minutes.

No one looked rubbish (being kind to Snodders) but no one made you think: Wow

It's a training game, and no one got hurt, so all good so far.

New 11 for the 2nd half.
  • After that half I'm pretty sure we're winning the league....
  • After that half I'm pretty sure we're winning the league....

If we go into administration and have to play in the Essex southern league division 3
  • That's a pretty decent league I'll have you know. ;whistle
  • Even though it is just a training game, it's still really good to see the lads out on the pitch again.
  • Twitter already in meltdown cos we are not winning this TRAINING game ;lol
  • Well with all those strikers we have...Oh. ;yercoat
  • edited July 2017
    I will sum up the second half in case anyone missed it.

Kick off

Offside!!!!

Final whistle
  • edited July 2017
    I know it's a pre season game, just training etc... But we were 1/50 to win that game ;lol
  • Betting. It's a mug's game. Unless you're a bookie.

#onlyonewinner