2017/18 West Ham kit

Comments

• I don't mind it...
    Our 3 players don't look over the moon tho ;hmm
  • ;hmm

Yeah, it definitely looks better on.

I still prefer the away top, but if anyone wants to buy me the home one, I’ll be ok with that ;ok
  • I don't like the V purple bit but it looks better than I first thought but I still thinks its fairly average ;hmm
  • I got the away one as a birthday gift ;biggrin ;wahoo
  • Still, looks like AC is going nowhere. ;lol
  • Except perhaps to the sick bay. ;wink
  • Bit better there but still really dislike the V

Don't really understand why it's there, seems a bit unnecessary
  • I think it looks dead smart -it does remind me of the '76 one, with the V!
  • To me, it looks like the guys in the home kit are about to enter a cooking competition, with the front looking like a bib or apron. No wonder they're frowning. ;hmm
  • They look like Poundland Power Rangers
  • I quite like the combination crew and V neck, I generally get a shirt every three years or so and can see myself getting this one.

I like it ;ok
  • It seems like someone in the brainstorming meeting said let's bring back the V - the people like retro! And someone else said, let's do the raglan sleeves - that's so on-point this season! And nobody had the sense to say "We can't do both on the same shirt - it'll look like a dog's dinner."

Hasn't Lady Brady learnt anything from The Apprentice?
  • Why would the shirt design being a bit naff be down to Karren?
  • Well, I had meant it as a bit of a joke - the shoddiness of the end-product brought to mind The Apprentice, with everyone desperately trying to get their ideas heard and very little sensible compromise. Given Karren's roles in both this TV show and our club...

However, now you question it, in fact it does seem to me that she should get involved in the final say on the shirt. It is a very important part of the marketing of the club as well as its generation of income. So I would indeed expect her to realise that and make sure the job is done properly. Given the reactions it's had on social media, it's hard to believe they even did proper market research on their designs.
  • In the end, though, it's about personal taste.

I expect she gets involved in aspects of the design that relate to branding (like the union jack and 'The Hammers' logo).

But whether it's a nice shirt or not - as you see from here, some like it some don't.

I don't think the Chief Exec of the club should have final say on the design in the sense that it's only approved if she likes it. ;hmm
  • MrsGrey said:

I don't think the Chief Exec of the club should have final say on the design in the sense that it's only approved if she likes it. ;hmm

I agree, but that's not what I suggested. I think she probably should have done more to ensure there was good market research on it. The vast majority of views expressed on it that I've seen have been negative. Also, is it normal to reduce the new home shirt as soon as it's launched? (10% off offer currently on.) This suggests they know something's gone wrong with the design.

While we're on the topic of shirts, I'd be interested to know how much we get from the shirt sponsor per season and to speculate on whether this could be recouped from a likely surge in sales if we had a shirt with no sponsor for a season or more. Interestingly AS Roma have had no sponsor for several seasons now - and their shirts look much better for it.
  • edited June 2017
    ST holders will be moaning next (well, on KUMB they probably will) that their season ticket entitles then to 10% off but now the discount is being given to everyone and it's not fair. ;biggrin
  • That's a disgrace. ;lol
  • No, that really is a disgrace.
  • 3rd kit rumoured to be a sky blue (and obviously West Ham) version of this... the white collar would be claret... according to Ex..
    IMG_2400
  • Collars ;angry
  • Is that not just a polo shirt, rather than a football shirt?
  • edited June 2017
    By the way, if anyone has bought the home kit. I'd love to see how it looks inside-out. That might be the cheap way out of this mess. ;)

Or back-to-front for that matter!
  • Looks best in the bin, Moore.
  • Hamstew said:

Collars ;angry

Ham
    Do you think the collar should be bigger
    Like elvis stand up collar?
    Or
    Maybe a raff
    Like in blackadder
  • IMPORTANT NEWS

I am a fan of the black and blue kit as it has meant I can expand the colour palette of TheDatabase™

Untitled
  • ;lol I didn't notice the TM at first.
  • imagelost said:

Hamstew said:

Collars ;angry

Ham
    Do you think the collar should be bigger
    Like elvis stand up collar?
    Or
    Maybe a raff
    Like in blackadder
    Remember the collar on the "Centenary" 1995/96 shirt? It was so long and pointy that if it flapped up while you were running there was a danger it would poke you in the eye
  • I liked that shirt.