Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Three explosions have gone off near the Borussia Dortmund team bus in Germany.

Spanish international Marc Bartra is reported to have been injured and some of the vehicle's windows were broken.
He was said to have been hit by shards of glass. Other players in the German side are thought to have been unhurt.
The blasts happened as the vehicle was leaving the team hotel in Dortmund ahead of the side's Champions League match tonight.

The explosions took place 10km from the Westfalenstadion stadium, where the team was due to face Monaco in the quarter-finals.

The game has now been postponed until Wednesday.

Borussia Dortmund said there was no danger at the stadium, where around 80,000 people would have been expected tonight.

It is not known what caused the blasts.

Comments

• Shocking
  • Stay safe everybody. Not good times. ;ok
  • suz, I mentioned it in the match thread. Should we merge them?
  • Suzie it was confirmed fairly early on that it was three bombs. Other explosive devices were also found.
  • A nice angle to the story - as the game is provisionally rescheduled for tomorrow, Borussia Dortmund are using twitter to encourage their supporters to put up Monaco fans who want to stay overnight to see the match tomorrow.

Whether it's just hooligans, or something more sinister that caused the explosions ... its good to see human kindness and co-operation coming to the fore.
    alderz
  • I agree, MrsG. I also saw a Schalke Player wish the Dortmund team/fans and Marc Bartra in particular all the best. The fact that Schalke and Dortmund harte each other about as much as Real hate Baca or Arsenal hate Spurs makes this so much better because it shows how united they can be when faced with difficult off-the-pitch situations.
    Expat_Hammerbillybondsbeard