We're not going down! Who is? From fantasy to reality...

Comments

• Irrespective of whether his match threads are a work of art (which they are) Baz should stay on as he holds the honour of being the only one to find a way to stop lukaku scoring against us
  • In 2013/14 40pts got us 13th and Norwich relegated in 18th with 33pts

With three games left we're 15th with 39pts and Swansea in 18th on 32pts

Funny old game, football......
  • edited May 2017
    I shall be making my annual bet on the first relegated team from the PL to win their next match. I am up substantially over the years (but never kept records, so that's an impression) But I shall be putting 20 knicker on it this week. Last I looked it was 5/1
  • baz

We may ask you to stay on regardless, unless someone else is strongly minded to start one.

You enjoy it, and so do we, so what's not to like?

I second this.
  • Thank you so much for the kind words, they're really appreciated! After a recent car collision (he ran a red light and I had a motorcycle cop as a witness driving behind me) I've found it hard to switch off (more than normal) and sleep. So I admit the match threads have been mentally challenging (in a good way) in terms of what to write etc. But I've enjoyed doing it so I am glad they have been positively received.

If anyone else wants to do a thread then of course please feel free. I usually start thinking of composing mine after the late game on Saturdays. So a quick email to me or mention on the current match thread for that week (in terms of saying you'll do it) would be nice so I don't start one ;biggrin ;thumbsup
  • baz ;hug
  • Keep going baz with your unbeaten run but could you please turn the threads into winning ones. ;biggrin
  • Irrespective of whether his match threads are a work of art (which they are) Baz should stay on as he holds the honour of being the only one to find a way to stop lukaku scoring against us

The secret was to put him as my Fantasy Captain for that game and at the very last minute take it away from him. He was so irritated with me that he couldnt focus the whole game! Oh and our defence had a little bit to do with it as well ;wink
  • edited May 2017
    Not that I have experieinced one, but a hug from Suz must feel like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (and some more ahhhhhhs on top of that) ;biggrin

Quick edit as I didnt look above. An ahhhhhhhhhhhhh for MrsGrey too!
  • Keep going baz with your unbeaten run but could you please turn the threads into winning ones. ;biggrin

Not that I need an extra incentive to see us win but having the threads and wanting to keep them has given me one. It is frustrating not to win but the way we've been playing recently (before Adrian came back) I've been relieved just to get a few draws and crawl to 39 points. We need at least one of Sakho or Carroll to get back to give us a goal threat. We've not had much of one so its a result that we've actually done well at the back not to concede
  • I think we're going to beat the Spuds. There, I've said it. I'll come quietly ;nonono
  • I already have the title for the Liverpool thread (it just came to me a few minutes lol) and the end verdict comment (just nothing in between them both and I wont start to compose til after the Spurs game)

So if by some miracle we lose to Spurs and someone wants to do the Liverpool thread let me know. (I'll just put my comments underneath yours anyway :-P )
  • The palace Fan in the office is proper distraught and is already convinced they are down.
  • They wouldve already been down if they hadnt beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool recently. I still firmly believe it will be Swansea
  • taken from KUMB

For those who like drama...how about this for a scenario going into the last day:

Stoke lose to Bournemouth and Arsenal - 40 points
    Burnley draw with West Brom, lose to Bournemouth - 40 points
    We draw with Spurs, lose to Liverpool - 40 points
    Watford lose away to Leicester, Everton and Chelsea - 40 points
    Palace lose to Man City, draw with Hull - 39 points
    Hull beat Sunderland, draw at Palace - 39 points
    Swansea beat Everton and Sunderland - 38 points

going into a last day of....
    Burnley vs WHU
    Watford vs Man C
    Man U vs C Pal
    Hull vs Spurs
    Sou vs Stoke
    Swan vs WBA

That would be a cracker of a last day in the relegation scrap.
  • Arguably it would be even more of a cracker if we lost to spurs and Burnley lost to West Brom in the above scenarios...

;lol
  • All my confidence has just ebbed away... I need several ;stout to recapture my Mr. Positively Positive-Positivity identitiy. Starting NOW
  • The only results that matter are Swansea, they need 3 wins (GD) from 3 games.

So if they don't beat Everton we've safe....

That's assuming we get no more points, I hope for a positive end to the season.

A good result against Liverpool and stopping Spurs from winning the title would put a nice gloss on end of season..... ;pray
  • I dont want the title settled until last 2 games of the season (strictly for FF GW37 reasons ;lol ) Chelsea have a soft run in though. Its so greedy but can Chelsea lose to Boro at home and we stop Spurs from beating us? ;angel
  • No and YES
  • Vorse: thanks for cheering me up. Think I'll have another ;stout to celebrate ;wink
  • I favour a more simplistic scenario in which we put those spuds to the sword on Friday, thus ensuring safety and stopping all this stuff and nonsense about Spurs winning the league in one swoop.
  • Swansea won't get 3 wins im sure of that
  • ;sofa not that sure
  • No we're not!
  • thread closed :)
  • Keep it open.

We're West Ham. There's still time for a points deduction ;wahoo
  • We will need this thread to for the first five games of next season