Let's keep it below 4 (Arsenal Away 5/4/2017 match thread)

edited April 2017 in Match Threads
Arsenal Away ;sofa

Comments

• Loss.

Who's doing the Swansea thread?
  • I think 6-0 at the very least Arsenal are gonna enjoy Wednesday very much me thinks.
  • Give Quina and Fletcher a game. Anyone who isn't out on loan who is a promising youngster.
  • Get hammered on Wednesday that will give Arsene the opportunity to confirm he is staying on for another 2 years.
  • Arsenal have been pretty ordinary for a lot of this season.

No prizes for guessing when they rediscover their mojo
  • edited April 2017
    Depending on your definition of 'ordinary'. ;puzzled

4th in terms of goals scored.
    5th in terms of points difference.
    5th in terms of number of wins.
    6th in terms of total points.
    6th in terms of goals conceded.
    7th in terms of clean sheets.
  • I long to be that ordinary. ;lol
  • We need Noble back
  • Right Back?? ;nonono
  • We may well need Noble back but we need Randy, Cresswell, Ayew, Snodgrass and Feghouli out.
  • Herb, on their performances yesterday, that's hard to argue with. ;ok
  • I could help out by transferring in 3 arsenal players and captaining one of them ;hmm But that'll only keep the score down to 3 goals ;wahoo
  • edited April 2017
    Just realized i've never started a match thread. So if nobody else wants to do Swansea, I will. What could possibly go wrong ;hmm ;run

Just tell me when lads. Lads? Oi! Can anybody hear me? ;puzzled
  • edited April 2017
    Don't make me start thinking about CAPITALIZING

;tumbleweed
  • I think it's a little harsh on Randy as he hasn't made any glaring errors, but I feel Adrian should come back in now, even if it's just to give Randy a break. It must be disheartening to concede at least two every week recently plus when I watch him he doesn't seem very vocal which imo hasn't helped the defence.
  • Nobes off by 20 mins and a 4-0 doing...
  • Randy went walkabout and nearly got caught out. He never ever comes for crosses which allows the opposition to put corners and crosses into the 6 yard box which can and does create mayhem.
  • Randy should've been dropped weeks ago.
  • This is why being a football fan is cruel.

I know we haven't got anything to offer Arsenal. I know they are going to go through us like a chainsaw through cheesecake.

But, what if we played to our best? What if they had one of those games where we win with one shot? (Oh! Bobby Zamora!)

Won't happen, but just, just could.

It's not the despair that kills you; it's the hope.
  • Grey, I used one of my chainsaws to cut through some leftover cheesecake just to see what would happen. ;biggrin
    What a mess, I won't try that again. ;nonono
  • edited April 2017
    A snippet from today's article on the club site.
    Bilic revealed: "Michail Antonio is looking really good. He was 50/50 for Saturday, which gives him a good chance to make it for Arsenal.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/april/02-april/manager-monday#Tq1ZYWWszqyey5rH.99

A shame it isn't the full week until the next match - it would probably be nailed on, then.

• Koscielny is out injured im hearing. We need delivery to big andy from the off. Time to win ugly!
  • This could just be one of those games where we expect nothing and nick a win. Here's hoping anyway ;pray
  • We have to get a win at some point...

Would love to be the Nail in the Wenger coffin.
  • ;nonono An outbreak of hope.

;weep
  • Wow! In less than a page we've gone from getting thrashed to nicking a point.

Loving the positivity ;clap
  • What it is to be a West Ham fan.... ;ok

Fortune always hiding...

We will have to get a new song if we ever go City or Chelsea...
  • edited April 2017
    Adrian
    Byram - Fonte - Kouyate - Collins - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Noble - Nordtveit
    Ayew
    Carroll

Randolph, Masuaku, Fernandes, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Antonio, Sakho
  • Defensively they're not all that. I think Carroll could bully Mustafi and Gabriel.

But it's the other end that worries me. Sanchez, Ozil and Welbeck will cause us untold problems.

We'll score, but so will they.

1-4 ;weep
  • 5-4-1 pack the side and try and get a point any way we can.
This discussion has been closed.