Brexit: the next stage. Deal or No Deal? (and the General Election)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    MrsG.
    Who have just coincidentally emerged from under their rocks and out of their caves following the Brexit referendum and the triggering of Article 50, but yes, idiots.

I guess the other side of the coin in the event of a Remain victory would have been Remainers inviting any EU national (from mainland Europe) in for a cup of tea. ;biggrin
  • Grey, I was very careful not to suggest that they represent a majority view.
    (1984 and all that)
  • Not sure what your reference to 1984 is, unless you are having a swipe at being moderated earlier.

Feel free not to post at all if you feel uncomfortable with how the site is run.
  • NEoldiron said:

MrsG.
    Who have just coincidentally emerged from under their rocks and out of their caves following the Brexit referendum and the triggering of Article 50, but yes, idiots.

I think they've always been out from under their rocks.
  • How did Islam get into a discussion on Brexit ;sofa
  • edited March 2017
    I can't believe that's a serious question. Or if it is, is suggests you are completely out of touch with the issues. Which makes me wonder how you can be so pro-Brexit when you are so clueless about the debate.

Or are you just on the wind up?

If the former, you should do some research. If the latter, you should stop it.
  • edited March 2017
    I'm not on a wind up Mrs Grey. I'm genuinely confused how the issuing of Article 50 would cause a spike in anti islamic hate crime. A spike in anti European hate crime maybe, so for example on poles or Romanians but Muslims?!

Could it be that we had terror attack in London last week?
  • What, so Muslims can't be Europeans?

Or are you saying all those who commit hate crime are really logical?
  • edited March 2017

Could it be that we had terror attack in London last week?

No. Let's stick to the facts.

We had a violent attack.

Until we know what his motives and aims were, it can't be classed as terrorism.

• MrsGrey said:

No. Let's stick to the facts.

We had a violent attack.

Until we know what his motives and aims were, it can't be classed as terrorism.

Yes but any idiot carrying out hate crimes on Muslims in the last week are, in my view, doing so because they believe that the terror attack was an islamist terror attack.

The fact that it has not yet been proved that it was an islamist terror attack won't stop a few mindful idiots.
  • On a good note it looks like we're going to see the return of the duty free booze cruise ;thumbsup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/30/return-booze-cruise-ferry-chiefs-plan-slash-wine-beer-prices/
  • Grey you said:
    "Not sure what your reference to 1984 is, unless you are having a swipe at being moderated earlier."

I had already accepted and forgotten "being moderated earlier" so not having a "swipe", if that's what you think.

You also said in response to my earlier post:
    "While it may be that the perpetrators were in favour of Brexit, that doesn't mean they represent a majority view."

When in fact I never said anything to suggest that the perpetrators represented a majority view (of Brexiteers).
    My reference to 1984 was to emphasise that I was being very careful as to what I said and which was obviously self-explanatory.

And then you invite me to stop posting:
    "Feel free not to post at all if you feel uncomfortable with how the site is run"

I really can't understand your train of thought.
  • edited March 2017
    If your 1984 reference had been self-explanatory, it wouldn't have been necessary for you to explain it.

I've explained my train of thought in a PM.
  • on a lighter note ...

The UK Government has said that Scotland could end up as a Third World country if they try and vote again for independence.

I don't know if things will improve to that extent, but you never know. ;biggrin
  • bbb, ;lol but I take it you haven't read Dale Carnegie ;biggrin
  • I am not happy that upon engaging and clicking "Made me laugh" on billybondsbeard's post, I have been relegated to "1 other!"

If I scream to the top of my lungs,stamp my feet in a very anger manner and say pretty please with sugar on top, will I be promoted and be able to stand along side everybody else?
  • Sometimes I think I'm just too good to you lot... ;wink
  • Yippee!!!! Does this mean that I don't have to scream and shout now? Hahaha
  • ;lol On what other forum can you do this?
  • I've got loads more ;wink
  • I am a little more concerned with the increased number of UFO reports..there actually clear photographs all over social media showing strange craft and alleged actual aliens... but this story is scary , if true

• edited April 2017
    A quick Google suggests that Tyler Glockner aka Secureteam10 is regarded as a hoaxer even by those who believe that "the truth is out there" and not a particularly good one either, he gets some basic astronomy wrong.

However I'm sure he isn't too worried, he gets a nice little pay off from the gullible journalists at the Daily Express etc., every time you play one of his YouTube videos or go to one of his websites he gets paid by his advertisers and he's sells ST10 merchandise.

Maybe something I might look into to supplement my pension after I retire....
  • I assumed had Junker said that (albeit another reason to leave) it would have been
    headline news..I have watched some ST10 bulletins and have left me thinking we are in some kind of parallel universe....but I was amused to think ..Aliens interested in Brexit?? Really?
  • Well most Brexiteers are interested in (illegal) Aliens, so its only fair...
  • ID - and we thought it was the Chinese buying all those luxury flats "off plan", maybe Foxton's have opened an Alpha Centuri branch.

They've got a branch in Peckham which frankly seems less believable.
  • ASLEF

Think you'll find that's East East Dulwich ;wink
  • Rumours of May calling an early General Election. ;hmm
  • I'm really not surprised if that is the case. All of the post Brexit vote promises will soon start to unravel, and she will need a personal mandate to carry a lot of unpleasant cuts that are now coming through to fruition. Labour are also starting to get some popular policies rolled out.
  • Just announced, June 6th. ;nonono