The 'couldn't think where else to put this' and decided it didn't merit a new thread thread

Comments

• Got that one spot on too ;lol
  • edited May 2017
    alderz said:

The fact he got called up might show him he doesn't need to leave

Unless the fame gets to him, he should realize that here he'll be a big fish with guaranteed game time and exposure but elsewhere he may just be a bench warmer.
  • I can't imagine Lanzini being a benchwarmer anywhere. I'm thinking how good he could be in 3-5 years. Hope he's still with us.
  • Lazini was in the Olympic squad but never even made the bench although Calleri played every game and scored against Algeria. ;hmm
  • He never made the bench because he was injured and couldn't go.
  • Lol as Thornton said he was injured and didn't satyr with the squad
  • Oh yeah, forgot that.......

I've just seen Calleri's goal, not, erm, well, a bit flukey
  • If misguided.
  • MrsGrey said:

If misguided.

How so MrsGrey?
  • edited May 2017
    My own view is that while I can see the generous impulse that led to the offer, the reasons why people are homeless and/or rough sleepers are many and varied. It's a complex issue and not necessarily 'solved' by giving someone a place to live for a short period of time.

The good thing is, imo, is that they are working with a local charity. Rather than just giving the bloke a wad of cash, or sticking him in a rented apartment. So there's a chance that their good intentions will have a long-term good result, rather than just make them feel good about it. (Not that I'm saying that is their motive.)

It still ignores the bigger issue, though.

;ok
  • Regarding Lawro, What a plonker. Have just been watching a football related
    episode of Pointless to name any country that begins with A P L or S.
    His brilliant answer was ALASKA which scored 100 points for a wrong answer as
    everybody else with half a brain knows that Alaska is a state of the USA.
  • When do the pre season fixtures usually start getting announced and do we have a tour planned?
  • Just a note for those with Sky Sports, at half ten tonight on Sky Sports Mix is The Boleyn Boys; Bonds, Cottee, Devo, Parkes and Gale get together to pay tribute to Upton Park. Tivo set to record ;scarf
  • In July the Uruguayan government will pass a law that makes, the growth, possession and use of cannabis legal

What is the Uruguayan for Hob Nob.....
  • Apparently we're playing Man City in Iceland because Arsenal have to play the Charity Shield.

I was once told that a good night out in Reykjavik was if you got drunk, got into a fight or had sex with a stranger.

A really good night in Reykjavik was if you had two of those,

If you had all three then it must be your birthday.......
  • Anyone else been watching the U20 WC? I've been fortunate to have had every game live & today England played a blinder and made the final against a outsider in Venezuela , they came from 1-0 down at ht to beat the Azurri fair and square...
    Pity there were no hammers involved but some real good performances and a show that gives some light for the England team in years to come.....
  • ;ok Was following text updates. Had been a bit baffled because U20 also involved in Toulon tournament.

(Glad you are ok by the way - storms etc in your neck of the woods?)
  • edited June 2017
    Ah, so - U20s (including our own Dan Kemp) also make the final in the Toulon Tournament
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40206434
  • Giroud has just scored a worldie for France ;clap
  • I like the U20s because there doesn't appear to be as much playacting. The also don't seem to drop dead the moment they are touched. There was a scene v Italy where the England player skipped through something like three or four tackles and ended up taking the ball with him through the Italian midfield.

I was surprised to hear, though, that no Italian U team had ever made the final of a tournament. England had never reached the final of the U20 but we've won quite a number of others.
  • Mrs Grey ;ok
    Thanks for the words, the weather certainly played havoc out here during the storms , worst in more than 30 years apparently ....

U20 WC final tomorrow ..
    England V Venezuela
    It's been great to watch this competition with some great games..
    England were very impressive in their semi final against Italy, with the Mersey trio of Solanke , Lookman & Ojo impressing...
    Hope they can win it tomorrow ..
    Looking forward to that more than the England game today.... ;wave
  • Adam West is dead.

Holy mortality, Batman!
  • Didn't know where to post this, then found this page.

The inimitable Paul John Gascoigne
    (Story contains swearing):

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/gazza-paul-gascoigne-gary-lineker-italia-90-story

{As taken from Gazza's book: 'Glorious: My World, Football and Me'}
    [Thanks to MrsG for link help]
  • I miss Gazza and it makes me feel old when I've seen him interviewed in recent times. Jimmy 5 bellies says the first thing he does every day is check to see if Gazza is still alive ;weep Yes, he could've made better decisions but I'm sure most of us could have too.
  • I wouldn't put any credence on anything Jimmy 5 Bellies has to say. He rode the gravy train right into the buffers.
  • Watching confederations cup now, pity Winston not there to captain his country .....
  • edited June 2017
    I was just discussing that with a friend elsewhere. ;ok

A bit of background reading seems to indicate that the amended clause would have been duplicating - or blurring who was responsible for - provisions that were already on the statue books. ;hmm

I wonder if the headline writers were those who also wrote that 'Jeremy Corbyn voted against anti-terror legislation'.

Also, it is not related in any way to Grenfell Tower, as I understand it.
  • Jose Fonte starts for Portugal v Mexico in Confederations cup staring soon.... ;ok
This discussion has been closed.