Leicester Match Thread (18th March 3pm KO)

Cheer up the season is nearly over ;wink

;whistle

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Randy
    Byram, Fonte, Ginge, Reid, Cresswell
    Obiang, Kouyate, Lanzini
    Antonio, Ayew

Subs:
    Adrian, Masuaku, Fernandes, Noble, Snodgrass, Feghouli, Carroll
  • Randy
    Byram Fonte Reid Masuaku
    Kouyate Obiang
    Antonio Lanzini Snodgrass
    Ayew

Adrian, Collins, Cresswell, Noble, Fletcher, Carroll, Fernandes

But I suspect whichever eleven we put out we'll lose.

I have no faith in this squad at all at the moment.
  • Leicester are showing a bit of form again and are pacy so I don't hold out much hope against them.
    I keep reading comments from Slav and various members of the squad that "we are in good spirits, form and shape and are looking up for the rest of this season. We've not packed our cases for the summer holidays". Well while they're looking up they need to be careful that those below them don't come past them. We've had one win in the last 6 and I don't see much more from the next 6. 40 points look a long way off at the moment but hopefully we might get 37 or 38 which could be enough.
    If they realise this they might buck their ideas up and pick up more points.
  • edited March 2017
    That's 5 points from the last six games which included matches against Citeh, Chelsea and WBA.

If we do as well (and I hope for better against what are crudely speaking lesser teams) then I count on 12 points from the next six games and another six from the remaining four. Given my generally optimistic nature I will err on the conservative side, we will end with 45 points no probs.
  • Randolph
    Byram Fonte Reid Cresswell
    Kouyate Obiang
    Antonio Lanzini Snodgrass
    Ayew

Adrian, Collins, Masuaku, Noble, Feghouli, Carroll, Fernandes
  • MrsGrey

Is there an 'absolutely agree' button? Would definitely want to see this. I think Carroll up against Morgan and Huth isn't really going to work.
  • Not really sure who I'd start....nothing has really worked this season

Randy
    Byram Reid Fonte Masuaka
    Obiang Kouyate
    Snodgrass Lanzini Ayew
    Antonio

Noble and Cresswell need to be dropped they've been poor all season, give the young boys byram and Masuaka a chance if anything they will ladder pace to the team

Should get protection from Kouyate and Obiang if they can stay disciplined

Carroll is a great option off the bench, as if he starts i think the leicester cbs will enjoy a player like him unlike Antonio who has loads of pace

Get Snodgrass on the wing he was so effective for at Hull cutting in and have Ayew and Lanzini tucked inside linking up
  • edited March 2017
    Ginge in for Fonte who, to my mind, hasn't performed well at all.

Leicester seem to have found the form of last season so this has loss written all over it. ;weep
  • edited March 2017
    Adrian
    Byram - Fonte - Reid - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Obiang - Noble
    Lanzini
    Antonio - Ayew

Randolph, Collins, Masuaku, Fernandes, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Carroll
  • S_A_L_L, I would drop Noble from your starting line up and leave him on the bench!
  • After what Slaven said last week about Noble's leadership value as captain I think you have to work with the assumption that he's going to start.

Lukerz - Lanzini?
  • Randy
    Byram Fonte Reid Masuaku
    Kouyate Obiang
    Antonio Lanzini Noble
    Ayew

Adrian, Collins, Cresswell, Snodgrass, Fletcher, Carroll, Fernandes
  • Noble on the wing ;nonono
  • ;lol no

It's just a list, I didn't put all the players where they should play exactly.
  • After what Slaven said last week about Noble's leadership value as captain I think you have to work with the assumption that he's going to start.

Lukerz - Lanzini?

Sorry, completely forgot about him ;nonono
  • Leicester have won two home games but their away form is awful, they've lost the last three (Sevilla, Swansea, Burnley) and their only away wins have been against Everton in the FA Cup and against Club Brugge.

----------Randolph---------
    ---Kouyate--Fonte--Reid-----
    ------Noble---Obiang-------
    Feghouli---Lanzini---Cresswell
    -----Antonio----Carroll------
  • Leicester have won two home games but their away form is awful, they've lost the last three (Sevilla, Swansea, Burnley) and their only away wins have been against Everton in the FA Cup and against Club Brugge.

----------Randolph---------
    ---Kouyate--Fonte--Reid-----
    ------Noble---Obiang-------
    Feghouli---Lanzini---Cresswell
    -----Antonio----Carroll------

Bournemouth hadn't won this year before playing us.
  • We need to win this otherwise I fear we could spend the rest of the season looking over our shoulders as other teams catch up to us .
  • Our confidence is shot, particularly at home. I can see Leicester doing unspeakable things to us.

I think we have just about enough to get to 40 points, but we won't be starting against Leicester I fear.
  • I fear this game. Just have no confidence in us at the 'London stadium'
  • Randy; Byram Fonte Reid Cresswell; Obiang Kouyate; Antonio Ayew Lanzini; Carroll

OR

Randy; Kouyate Fonte Reid; Antonio Obiang Lanzini Cresswell; Snodgrass Ayew; Carroll
  • Don't think it's that bleak, I mean we arent relegation candidates....we have 33 points with ten games remaining and a 9 point cushion

We should have beat both WBA and Watford we were by far the superior team in both games so I don't get the guys saying they don't know where the points are coming from....got to play Hull, Sunderland, Swansea and Burnley

It's all a bit bleak atm isn't it
  • -------------------RANDOLPH---------------------
    ----------COLLINS---FONTE---REID-----------------
    --BYRAM----KOUYATE---LANZINI--OBIANG----CRESSWELL-
    -----------------ANTONIO--AYEW------------------

I think it could be be better to go with Ayew + Antonio up front rather than Carroll. I'm a big fan of AC but our play does become a bit static with him but with two players capable of running with the ball, in behind, better 1 v 1, quick link up etc, it could serve us better and probably is more conducive to how we like to play overall.

WHU_Champo ;thumbsup Leicester, Burnley, Sunderland, Hull, Swansea, Stoke to all play left. In addition to some big games at the OS- Spurs, LFC. Still plenty of points to gain and I'm v.confident we will accumulate a good number.
  • TWC, no Noble either! ;hmm
    Thought you were one of his biggest fans.
  • NEold, ;biggrin In choosing to have AC on the bench, we would need more height in the team as Leicester are a decent enough set piece team, so makes sense to move Kouyate into midfield (rather than in a back 3) and bring in Collins. My admiration and respect for Noble remains unchanged ;thumbsup
  • west ham 5 Leicester city 5 ;biggrin
  • edited March 2017
    We are playing 5-aside?

;yercoat
  • we did saturday MrsGrey ;lol
  • we did saturday MrsGrey ;lol

Sadly, no one told the other team that!
  • Ayew needs to start he is finally coming into a bit of form, put Carroll on the bench and let him come on in the 2nd half.
This discussion has been closed.