Bournemouth (A) - Saturday 11th March 3pm

Saturday afternoon football returns ;wahoo

Who plays?

Who drops?

Score?

Pedro Obiang's pass completion percentage?

For me, we go:

Randy
Byram Fonte Reid Cresswell
Kouyate Obiang
Antonio Lanzini Snodgrass
Carroll

Adrian, Masuaku, Collins, Noble, Feghouli, Ayew, Fletcher

Should be enough to get a score draw

Comments

• Yep.

I agree Byram at RB and Kouyate in the middle.
  • Bournemouth has conceded the most headed goals this season.

Andy Carroll to score 2.

Boom.
  • Antonio's head is suspension-free too.

3-3 it is then.
  • -------------------ADRIAN------------------
    ---BYRAM----FONTE-----REID-----CRESSWELL--
    -------------KOUYATE---OBIANG-------------
    ---SNODGRASS-------LANZINI-----ANTONIO---
    ---------------------CARROLL---------------

Much prefer Snodgrass on the right ;thumbsup
  • Randolph
    Byram, Fonte, Reid, Cresswell
    Noble, Obiang, Kouyate
    Antonio, Carroll, Lanzini

Subs:
    Adrian, Collins, Masuaku, Snodgrass, Feghouli, Ayew, Fletcher

coyi
  • Saturday afternoon football returns ;wahoo

Who plays?

Who drops?

Score?

Pedro Obiang's pass completion percentage?

For me, we go:

Randy
    Byram Fonte Reid Cresswell
    Kouyate Obiang
    Antonio Lanzini Snodgrass
    Carroll

Adrian, Masuaku, Collins, Noble, Feghouli, Ayew, Fletcher

Should be enough to get a score draw

agree with this team selection
  • --------Randolph--------
    Byram -- Reid -- Fonte -- Cressy
    --- Obiang --- Kouyate ---
    Antonio -- Lanzini -- Ayew
    -------- Carroll --------

Feel bad for Snodgrass and Feghouli but i feel that Ayew deserves a chance, he's looked bright off the bench and he imo has the potential to be a key player for us

Noble needs to be dropped though, give Kouyate and Obiang a chance to see what they can do as a 2 as individually they are both superior to Noble

2-1 to us, Carroll and Lanzini with the goals
  • TWC, I've just read your post on the Chelsea game where you defend Noble, but you've dropped him to the bench v B'mouth
    ;hmm
  • Adrian
    Byram - Fonte - Reid - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Obiang
    Antonio - Ayew - Lanzini
    Carroll

Randolph, Collins, Masusku, Noble, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Calleri

If Reid is out then Collins comes in.
  • I can't see Slaven leaving MN on the bench. He either starts or is injured ;ok
  • Slav -

Local media reporting the Maori Monster will be fit for Bournemouth on Saturday & also for World Cup qualifiers the week after -

Chelsea at the Olympic Stadium one week

Fiji in Lautoka the next

It is indeed a strange old world !
  • NEoldiron said:

TWC, I've just read your post on the Chelsea game where you defend Noble, but you've dropped him to the bench v B'mouth
    ;hmm

I'd like to try with more legs/athleticism in midfield, so It would be good to see kouyate+Obiang link up, which could be a really interesting pairing and give us a different platform to play from. No reflection on Noble though, who's form has been decent the past few months. ;thumbsup
  • I don't see Slaven dropping Noble simply because he's the captain but we need Antonio or Ayew playing up front off Carroll as he was isolated for a lot of the time against Chelsea
  • Snoddy to score or assist vs Bournemouth or he's out of my FF team

#lastchancesaloon
  • edited March 2017
    Ohh and I brought in AC for this GW so he'll be 50/50 to get injured in training ;whistle ;wahoo
  • TWC, you're confusing me now.
    "I'd like to try with more legs/athleticism in midfield etc."
    Am I right to assume by that you mean quicker?
    If so, then all the more reason to drop Noble.
  • On the Noble question i think he will do fine against Bournemouth. I think he is a Bottom half PL player (better than Champ) but he gets exposed due to lack of pace against the top half teams.

I also feel that Slav didn't help him against Chelsea, I think a 2 Man MF when we only have one technical player in the front 4 doesn't work.

Last year it worked as Lanzini and Payet could play chuckle brothers.
  • NEoldiron, exactly, more so we can be more aggressive in our play, off and on the ball; whether it be Kouyate arriving from deep as a box to box, or simply having someone able to recover his position if he doesn't make the initial tackle, etc, etc. Its not an absolute, but with certain players missing IMO we need more athleticism to make us a bit more functional.
  • I notice Tyrone Mings has contested his charge of violent conduct from the weekend where as Ibrahmavic accepted his and got a three match ban. If found guilty he will be out, but I couldn't really tell you if that is a good or a bad thing as don't really know him or how effective he is for them.
  • Given 5 match ban starting this weekend.
  • He's scored own goals and made some poor mistakes so I think I would've rather he played ;hmm That said, he was out injured for a long time so it would've taken a bit of time for him to get back in the swing of matches plus he'd never played in the Prem before the injury. Its of no consequence now after the ban (which I think is harsh and I dont believe 99% of players would intentionally stamp on someones head anyway)
  • I dont get it.
    Surely if you intentionally stamp on somebodys head thats GBH.
    Why aren't the police involved ??? ;hmm
  • Just because 3 ex refs said he did doesn't mean he did.
  • No other reason but that I like this photo....

IMG_1194
  • Norman "Bites your legs" Hunter?
  • Bournemouth only have two fit centre backs, first team regular Steve Cook and 21 year old Baily Cargill who spent the first half of the season on loan at Gillingham.

We have to play two up front.
  • Bournemouth only have two fit centre backs, first team regular Steve Cook and 21 year old Baily Cargill who spent the first half of the season on loan at Gillingham.

We have to play two up front.

We have 2 strikers?!?!

;puzzled ;whistle
  • AC as the centre forward with Antonio or Ayew playing off him

More like one and a half, maybe three quarters.....
  • As I said think Ayew deserves a chance in the first XI

He is our £20mil man who is finally fit and he's the type of player you want on for 90 minutes as he isn't a 'impact' player

Feghouli has definitely improved but he still seems to lack that final cutting edge and Snodgrass hasn't quite hit the ground running

I think Ayew is superior to both of those and his skill set should get the most out of Lanzini who used to like linking up with Payet

Antonio - Lanzini - Ayew
    - - - - - Carroll - - - - -

Id like to see that front four given a run, Ayew tucking in with Cresswell providing the width
  • edited March 2017

Snodgrass hasn't quite hit the ground running

Not so, according to Slav ;biggrin

"He’s done very good for us, I'm very happy with him," said Bilic.

"Statistically, with (Michail) Antonio he is the best runner from our whole team. "

;run
This discussion has been closed.