Grammer - puncturation - riting. Disgusting...

123457»

Comments

• Their you go. Youve got it off you're chest now. ;run
  • The person who provoked that getting off the chest post made the same mistake in their most recent post. I'm so glad it helped ;lol
  • Baz

You are self-inflicting cranial damage with the aid of a baked clay edifice ;biggrin
  • edited May 2017
    Baz

The bigger question is why you let it bother you.

The current spellings are arbitrary.

There is almost no scope for confusion when an incorrect spelling is used.

I teach my students the difference (which isn't the same as them learning it), as it matters in exams, but outside that, I'd suggest letting it go.

(And, anyway, I suspect they were pulling your leg.)
  • I want it to be clear that whilst its a pet hate (and subsequently provokes a desire to inform but hopefully not patronize), I don't attach any 'bother' to an individual. I mentioned the 'same mistake' post because it genuinely made me smile.

People either take things on board or they dont. I'm always learning and by nature very analytical. Sometimes I forget that this is not something that everyone shares.

Lastly, I'm going to say that I don't believe the subsequent mistake was a joke, but just a continued lack of understanding (which also didnt bother me as I tried and that's it put to bed). I mentioned the there/their/they're thing but once done, for me, it's done
  • This is a subject in which it is preternaturally difficult to avoid writing wind-up posts but I am resisting all such temptations, I suppose it's my nature to do so.
This discussion has been closed.