Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Think we're overthinking this.

We didn't want to sell him; he didn't ask to go. There weren't any offers.

It doesn't say they didn't receive any offers, just that they were not bombed with them. 1 Chinese club may have come in for him but was turned away.
  • I'll tell you a strike partnership I wouldn't mind seeing next season: Sakho and Valencia. Man they were good for a while.

With AC competing with Sakho and Ayew with Valencia. Not too shoddy if they all regain/retain confidence and fitness. Just need Valencia to do some heroics for Ecuador or have one go in off his behind for Everton...

Well, Enner's got his goal for Everton today, and I for one would like him to go on a run, get his confidence up (in PL) and come back to us ready to deliver the goods next season.
  • If he goes on a run Everton will buy him. That was part of the loan deal.
  • edited March 2017
    Going on a run is what he is go at staying on his feet is the problem....
  • That was Valencia's 2nd goal, he scored his first against Saints at the beginning of January, he started the following game against Leicester in the Cup, was left kicking his heels on the bench for five games and has come on as a substitute for the last three games.

If Koeman thought he had more to offer he'd be playing a far bigger part by now, with only two months left in the season he's well down the pecking order behind Barkley, Mirallas, Davies and Lookman.
  • I agree. Up to a point. Although managers often prefer (all other things being equal) to play their own players rather than loanees, which could be a factor.
  • Don't think we'll be getting that £14mil for him......

I think hes gone, especially as Slav likes to play 1 up top and Valencia is neither a lone front man or a winger

Hope we can flog him in the summer for a decent fee
  • Any fee would be a win in my book. Even a swap for some nets or corner flags would be a result.
  • But we don't need corner flags the taxpayers get them for us ;lol
  • Think you're being a tad harsh on Enner, who had a golden spell in tandem with Sakho and always seemed to me to put in a shift wherever he was played. I admit his end product was not good enough for a while, but I think that's mainly a confidence thing. Never bought into the idea that he wasn't suited to the PL, though tend to agree he might be best suited to a front two. Just saying I'd be happier for him to be competing with Ayew to play as a second striker behind Carroll or Sakho than most of the other options we've had or have got in our striking pool. And not getting much game time at Everton with Lukaku etc. can hardly be equated to not good enough for our squad. They are 11 points above us, it should be noted.
  • WHU_Champo - Valencia is a winger. He played purely as a winger through his youth and for his first club Emelec, then was tried as a striker by his international manager after their main striker died in 2013. He was subsequently played up top by his second team Pachuca for one season before we bought him July 2014.

I like him as a player when he's on form and confident as he is very direct and can hit the ball extremely hard with little backlift. I like that he's unpredictable, quick, and can run with the ball well. Unfortunately, he is inconsistent and is physically a little weak getting pushed off the ball too easy, and his football brain sometimes speaks English; thinks Spanish; yet tries to read a Dutch manual. I still feel if he bulked up a little bit and upped his consistency he could be a useful player for us, predominately LW of a 4;2;3;1 cutting in and pinging it with his right. However I will trust Slav's judgement if he cashes in in the summer.
  • Moore_than - didn't see your message until after I posted: I agree that its hard for him to get into an Everton team that is currently playing well and that have a wealth of options in attacking positions. Of course as they are playing well, they will always pick permanent players over loanees. ;ok
  • Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna, 34, is looking at a return to London, with West Ham manager Slaven Bilic hoping to sign the Frenchman on a free transfer. (Sun)
  • I think he's definitely better than anything we've got at the moment, and I like him. BUT seems like another stop-gap arrangement, rather than planning for the long term.
  • How about Zabaleta? It's quite surprising to me that he's just turned 32 yet Sagna is 34.
  • edited March 2017
    Adam

Well, he was born two years later you see, and so...

Oh, I see.

;yercoat
  • C&H (I know) reporting that Reid is being offered a new deal.

Interestingly, they report that his current deal has a £15m buy out clause. ;hmm
  • Lukaku has publically stated that he wants Champions League football on a regular basis for the last three seasons so it not much of a surprise that he doesn't want to sign another contract with Everton
  • Interesting to see where he goes. It seems like Chelsea is most likely, but I don';t want him to because I like him and think he is a good player.
  • Arsenal would be acceptable, I think.
  • Outcast ;ok

I would love him to go to Arsenal tbh. I really want Arsenal to be competitive again, and all it would take is a couple more players in the right positions. A team like the one below would be awesome to watch.

Cech; Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal; Ndidi; Walcott Ramsey Cazorla Sanchez; Lukaku
  • I still think he hasn't got over the reason he didn't make it at Chelsea.

He is a streaky striker and at the big clubs you need to be clinical, score 1in3 chances.

He will go a few games and then get a hatrick which make his figures look great.

Saying that no surprise he has said many times he wants CL football and he wont get it at Everton.
  • He's 23 - good luck to him. Hope he goes overseas to help our goal difference next year ;ok
  • edited March 2017
    Chelsea have Costa and Batshuayi with Remy coming back from loan in the summer, unless someone moves out then that's going to be an awfully talented and expensive bench.

Lukaku has scored 20 goals in 29 games this season, he's failed to score in 14, roughly scoring every other game and the longest he went goalless was four games from 5 November to 4 December

He had a dry spell of 11 games at the end of last season and scored 25 in 18 games of the other 35.

That's the kind of "streaky" I wouldn't mind
  • ASLEF

While you were typing that I was over on Transfermarkt looking at the same data ;ok
  • Aslef indeed but we are not a top club which was my point, we are not even Everton...
  • Lukaku's a strange one

He's an amazing goalscorer but it does come in waves

He's been a revelation for Everton but no one is super gutted he may be leaving

Not sure what we are missing, get the impression he's a bit lazy, and just finishes off what others are creating

He's an unbelievable goalscorer and young, but he's not the type of guy who'll win you the league or champions league

Whatever happens I'm just jelous we have no chance, shouldve tried for him when he was at chelsea
  • Well he cost Everton almost £30m.

Hence why we were never in for him.
  • I think Everton will be extremely gutted if he goes. They've never really had a top striker until now. If we had a striker who was lazy and finished off other people's work and got 15+ goals a season I'd be delighted
  • Lukerz

Yet we agreed a fee for Bacca for £26m, and spent £20m on Ayew.

You really aren't going to let a little thing like facts get in the way on this, are you?
This discussion has been closed.