Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• It was the same for Lukaku.
    He has a decent record previously and I don't think a young player not making the cut at a team running away with the league is a problem for us.

I feel he has the attributes to be a good player, one we could afford who hasn't been through a bunch of injuries.

The other option is we go for someone less proven and hope they work out. If we couldn't get a Lacazette last season, we won't this.
  • Sturridge is passed it

I like Sturridge, I think he is one of the best finishers and goalscorers for the last decade but he's lost his golden touch

My mate is a die hard Liveprool fans who's had a season ticket for the last 4 years and he has always called him out on his effort. The lad doesn't work off the ball and now it looks like he's lost his pace which is such a big part of his game

Regarding bats I'm not sure, from what I've heard from Chelsea fans they've been impressed with the little they've seen him but Conte just doesn't trust him

Can't imagine they'll want to make a huge loss on him so your probs still looking at around £30mil to get him which seems excessive but we are going to have to gamble on our next striker and he has the potential to be a star for us
  • We were apparently keen last year and now he has had a season training with a top team. OK he can't get a game, maybe he isn't suited to the Chelsea system. He still gets on the pitch for Belgium, usually as a sub for Lukaku.
    He's a Premier League 'acclimatised' overseas player, I think he would be worth a try.
  • Slav, Rre: the Big Man

When asked Carroll potentially moving to China, Bilic said: "No way, no way, you know how much I rate him. He is one of our best players and we want to keep him.

"Chinese clubs send their representatives over to investigate. They were watching other players but they fell in love with Andy. The club didn’t try to sell him.

"Andy heard the speculation. Suppose he was flattered by it but we didn’t talk about it at all."
    From his presser, via the Beeb
  • Next week's presser

"Hey guys I've got something for you. It's about one of our team. Big Andy. Yesterday he came to me and told me he doesn't want to play for the team any more"....
  • Grey, can we get a "not funny" thingy? ;biggrin
  • I'd recommend a ;fishslap
  • edited March 2017
    I'll tell you a strike partnership I wouldn't mind seeing next season: Sakho and Valencia. Man they were good for a while.

With AC competing with Sakho and Ayew with Valencia. Not too shoddy if they all regain/retain confidence and fitness. Just need Valencia to do some heroics for Ecuador or have one go in off his behind for Everton...
  • Valencia is just bad....
  • Pink boots are bad...

IMG_1192
  • Who decided skinny jeans were ok?
  • edited March 2017
    Very sinister (pun for Grey et al.). No, actually, as a fellow member of the club, great to see our three left-footed players bonding. I wonder if their taste in fashion has anything to do with the side they swing with. If so, may be a little to do with the innate flair and minority status, but must be a lot to do with environment too, since I don't and won't ever possess a pair of skinny jeans. Or pink boots.
  • edited March 2017
    Skinny distressed jeans are, apparently, OK. ;puzzled

My teenage students wouldn't be seen dead without them.

The shoes, though - sort of a cross between Chelsea boots and desert boots. ;hmm
  • Pink boots are bad...

IMG_1192

• What is going on with people? Who let him out? do they not know how fragile Andy is?

I just hope someone had the foresight to carry a ramp with them for the kerbs as if he steps down from a particularly steep one, that's him out another 2 weeks.

• If sine chinese club was offering 32m for Andy Carroll. We would be insane not to take that.
  • Paul Koncesky has signed as player manager for Billericay Town my local club ;wahoo
  • Paul Koncesky has signed as player manager for Billericay Town my local club ;wahoo

It's a small world "Pearces", Billericay is my local club as well.
  • If sine chinese club was offering 32m for Andy Carroll. We would be insane not to take that.

If AC doesn't want to go then it doesn't matter how much they offer he won't be going. His kid's not two years old yet and I don't see Billi Mucklow being keen on swapping Chigwell for China.

We accepted a £10m offer for Scott Parker from Fenerbahce, how did that work out?

And what if AC wasn't interested? You can't muller Payet for demanding to go then insist AC, or anyone else for that matter, has to leave for China.
  • ASLEF ;ok

All it would do is send a message to Carroll that we don't want him.

• It's a small world "Pearces", Billericay is my local club as well.

I used to go all the time was there when they go promoted to conference south away at Margate and when they lost the play off final on penalties. Went to Grays away a couple of weeks back when there was no football. New chairman is putting some money in the old chairman was a Spurs fan !

• Accepting an offer and him saying he doesn't want to go are different things. No problem accepting an offer of 32m for a player with an injury record like his and a return on investment of over 15m+. If he doesn't want to go then it goes no further.
    If AC feels we don't want him by accepting a 32m offer then so be it.
  • Vorse
    Pink boots are bsad.. fixed it for ya ;biggrin
  • I have had the occasional Pink shirt but yeah Pink Boots are a step too far for me...
  • Think we're overthinking this.

From Slav's presser:

“It’s certainly not the Club that has asked an agent to try and sell him. That’s not the case. I suppose Andy would have been flattered as it’s nice that people have a good opinion of you, but me and him didn’t talk about it at all.

“We haven’t been bombed with offers from China, so it hasn’t affected me or Andy.

“It wasn’t like we had three or four offers for our players from China. I heard the rumours and saw it in the papers but it didn’t affect any relationships with the players or with Andy, so that’s it basically. There is nothing to talk about there.”
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/march/02-march/bilic-carroll-should-be-fit#REeEY0Ort7hcpVOk.99

We didn't want to sell him; he didn't ask to go. There weren't any offers.
  • That's what they all say. ;biggrin
  • edited March 2017

It's a small world "Pearces", Billericay is my local club as well.

I used to go all the time was there when they go promoted to conference south away at Margate and when they lost the play off final on penalties. Went to Grays away a couple of weeks back when there was no football. New chairman is putting some money in the old chairman was a Spurs fan !

I used to work next to the Red Lion ;biggrin
  • I used to work in the Nat West in the High Street many, many moons ago and got drunk in the Red Lion often . I also took my now wife on our first date to the Red Lion.
This discussion has been closed.