Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I'd just like us to be in a position where we can find someone who can hit the ground running like that - our striker signings though get found out for very different reasons.
  • Dodger58 said:

Looks like it Vorse - be interesting next season ... will he be 'found out', looks promising though.

This is Southampton we are talking about. It's not a case of when he'll be found out, but rather "when will he be sold"
  • Gabbiadini certainly looks good at the minute, but his record in the past seems to indicate this is a purple patch of form. I'll be interested to see how he does going forward.

I also wonder what this means for Charlie Austin? I'd have him here in a heartbeat personally.
  • alderz said:

Gabbiadini certainly looks good at the minute, but his record in the past seems to indicate this is a purple patch of form. I'll be interested to see how he does going forward.

I also wonder what this means for Charlie Austin? I'd have him here in a heartbeat personally.

Gabbiadini reminds me of Berbatov. Good positioning can turn well, not the fastest but makes up for it in other ways.
  • I've never seen a ball stick to the feet of a footballer quite like it did with Berbatov.
  • It had to stick because he would never chase it....
  • Why chase it when it sticks
  • SSN reporting that we will sign RB Kevin Malcuit from St Etienne for c.£10m in the summer.
  • We don't need a RB.... ;whistle
  • They can scout him but he wont play in front of Valencia. Fosu-Mensah is highly thought of too so I am doubting its a Man Utd priority.

If its correct that we tried for him in January, perhaps thats why we didnt buy another RB (if St Etienne were ok with him going to us in the Summer)

#likestobenaiveaboutrumourswhentheysuitus
  • Sign Kevin Badly-cooked? Sounds like a half-baked idea.
  • ;hmm guess spurs will be in for him then
  • Raw talent
  • So that's our back up striker sorted then for when AC gets injured
  • Mirror says Chelsea to bin off Batshuayi... As we nearly got him in the Summer maybe we'll go back for him ;hmm He and AC upfront would be a handful! Or two handfuls ;hmm Or one handful when AC is injured after 2.5 games ;weep
  • In other news, a West Ham fan mentions handful 3 times ;cool
  • I certainly hope we will be in for him. Him, Sakho and Carroll would be a very good pool of strikers to choose from (assuming the latter two stay fit – I know, I heard it…)
  • That will never happen staying fit is a swear word on here ;biggrin

I don't think they will be at west ham next season imo .

Its a shame we all know how good Andy can be with a run of games but always gets injured that will always happen he's just built wrong .
  • Who would we rather have - Batman or Sturridge, whose imminent departure from Liverpool also continues to feature heavily in the rumours? I'd go for the latter, as he's a proven 13+ goals per season PL player, and could play with and without AC. But I admit to not having seen much of Batman.

I suppose a better question would have been Batman or Robin (van Persie). Take your pick.
  • I quite like Sturridge as a player but don't think we can afford another injury prone striker. I think Batshuayi is probably the best we can hope for: we don't have much chance of landing anyone more proven.
  • Bats. All day long.
  • Bats. All day long.

Hmmm. But bats are nocturnal.
  • But maybe, during daytime, the Bat can bolster the club's finances. Isn't he a billionaire? And perhaps we will then get the Brucie bonus.
  • Bats won't come to us. His next move after Chelsea will be a key one for him and we will be seen very much as a step down IMO
  • Perhaps, BBB. Depends on how much football he wants to play. I think we have a chance
  • Has he done enough to get a move to a top club? I agree with OCS that regular playing time is more important at this time, and that puts us in the frame.
  • He will have to take a step down like Lukaku did. I think it suits both parties.
  • Bats has done nothing to suggest that he'd be a good move for us. Even when Costa was injured, he didn't get a look in.
This discussion has been closed.