Andy Carroll

12346»

Comments

• edited July 2017
    If he's doing his rehab/training as required, and not doing anything to cause or exacerbate an injury, and not phoning in sick then skiving off to the pub, I genuinely don't get what the problem is. (And as far as we can tell, he's doing his rehab, reporting for training, keeping in shape etc.)

It's almost like people think he should be punished for being injured, or that unless he's fit and playing then he doesn't deserve to have any fun.

(I'm not saying that's what you think, OCS ;ok )

When the rumour (never substantiated) was going around that he and Dazzer pulled an all-nighter last season, nobody got on Randolph's case. All the criticism was of AC. Which kind of supports my theory ...
  • I dont know what all the fuss is about...

Hes training right now

Dammit he just got injured again!

• edited July 2017
    TBH I can see both sides, but don't get outrage on either side towards the other viewpoint. Why this constant "another stick to beat" stuff? Always trotted out when a few views are posted that may have been raised before.

I can understand why people will say "he has a life, he wasn't doing anything wrong".

But I share the view that a man who hasn't been fit for 5 months and isn't ready to start the season, could be doing better things with his weekend than an all-nighter. If he's drinking, what's to say he doesn't get involved in a bust up or fall over dancing, causing further pain to his reported hip injury.

He is entitled to do it. I just think it's irresponsible in his current state.

But not everybody's goal in life is to reach the top of their profession, and his actions suggest he's not that bothered. Not everybody is as disciplined as Ryan Giggs or Scott Parker.

If he was that desperate to go and party, he's just had six weeks off since May. All that free time. Doing it once the lads have reported back in a period where fitness is paramount.

Just not the brightest move IMO. But fair enough. He's breaking no laws.
  • Baz, where do you get them from? ;lol
  • edited July 2017
    The literal answer = My first thought was that he should at least have mastered dressage during his time out injured.... So I googled 'dressage', then 'Andy Carroll dressage', then 'Andy Carroll pony'.

I started saving the horse pics I found to add appropriate captions (which I thought were hilarious but tragically lost in short term 230am memory loss) and the 4th one was a gif I couldnt resist... Voila!

Bet you wish you hadnt asked now ;wink
  • Why this constant "another stick to beat" stuff? Always trotted out when a few views are posted that may have been raised before.

My guess would be it's a similar reason to the "blindly defends the club" stuff coming out the second someone else isn't equally outraged.