Andy Carroll

Comments

• I'm glad you understand Swiss!
  • Swissiron said:

. In other news, I'm a banana. ;lol

Which rhymes with Lallana, a source of persistent amusement each time I see him playing for Liverpool.
  • Going back to a previous comment, Carltons steamy head with the word "OVERCHUFFED" underneath it would probably get my vote. ;bowdown
  • Was certainly a great interview, the only problem I had with it was that I read it just before kick off yesterday.

The great team spirit angle of the interview only managed to raise my hopes as to how the evening would turn out.

;weep
  • Just thinking about AC's goals since he came back, they really do show that he has a lot more to his game than just being a big lump that can head it.

Arsenal - 6 yard box - header - first to react to a rebound from a free-kick

Swansea - wins header near half way, follows up the move, races (OK, ambles) into pen area, meets cross with left foot volley from corner of 6 yard box.

Palace - THAT goal

Swansea - 1st goal a wrecking ball header from a corner (a 'typical' Carroll goal in the minds of many)

2nd goal - first to react after keeper saves - 6 yards left foot

Southampton - good movement, gets between the CBs and races (OK, OK ambles) onto Obiang's pass calmly slots past keeper with his right foot.

That's a pretty mixed bag, which highlights the different skills ;ac has, imo.

• We need to sell him though Grey because he is injury prone. ;lol
  • Don't speak to soon. Still 14 games left and time for him to miss 75% of them.
  • Still wouldn't sell him
  • It's reported that Southgate will be at the game to watch him so hope it doesn't affect him and he just plays his normal game and not try too hard.
  • thorn

I think ;ac only knows one way to play.

I suspect if he was turning out for the Dog and Duck 3rd XI he'd still be giving it his all.

I don't think Southgate being there or not would make any difference to him.
  • Great interview that Grey ;ok

Bloomin' love him. ;carew

Everything looks so positive with him at the moment. He has clearly greatly matured, has a settled homelife, no more excessive partying/boozing, finally (both him and the club) seem to be managing his fitness well.

On top of that for this season he is currently in great form and scoring goals of all types. He is tough, agressive; scores with head, left, and right boot; is far better with his feet than many appreciate; has much underated vision, I love watching him whip crossfield balls with his left 50 odd yards to an advancing wingers' feet from the halfway line; he is the best headererer I've possibly ever seen (respek to big Dunc Ferguson) and uses it superbly not just attacking but is almost impenetrable at defensive set pieces.

For future seasons, he is only 28; game is not based around pace so should theoretically last well into 30's; and contracted until the summer of 2019. He also seems very popular in the dressing room, seems to particularly get on with Randy (tall link); Cressa (cheeky northerner link); and Nobes (working class boy dun good link); always celebrates with colleagues for goals etc.

The lad is good enough at his best to play for a team higher in the league, but I think teams up there are unlikely to go for him due to his injury issues, and his reputation as a player for 'long ball football' with fans. Also I feel he is unlikely to chase a move, as he had that awful time with 'big club' Liverpool, he loves regular football and would unlikely move to a team if sitting on the bench looks likely, and he seems very settled in both the area for his family, and within the team for himself.

So another injury next week then.
  • Congratulations Andy
    Goal of the month for January ;bowdown
  • No wonder he's so good with his head. ;biggrin
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/10/barnstorming-andy-carroll-fine-shape-end-england-exile
    I once saw Carroll gallop 30 yards through the Upton Park centre-circle, leap a vast spring-heeled distance and bullet-head a goalkick hard and flat cross the pitch and out on the full, the ball pinging back off the advert boards to a huge ovation around the ground, a moment of pointless, life-affirming athletic display that kept everyone in good spirits for at least the next 30 seconds.
    ;lol
  • Excellent article that one. Awful lot of words in it though. I think that chap has a novel in him.
  • edited February 2017

Excellent article that one. Awful lot of words in it though. I think that chap has a novel in him.

There's only one Barney Ronay.
  • edited February 2017
    I see that Giroud's goal won goal of the month ahead of AC, who agrees with that? ;hmm
  • Where? When? Presumably not the actual Premier League goal of the month ...

https://www.premierleague.com/news/327751
  • edited February 2017
    MOTD Mrs G.
  • edited February 2017
    Tcha. MOTD. As voted for by the great unwashed.
  • I voted for AC twice..... ;whome
  • IronHerb said:

I voted for AC twice..... ;whome

Obviously not enough Herb, you must try harder in future, you really must ;lol
  • I said at the time that I felt that Giroud's was better, purely because I've not seen any other goal quite like it.
  • It was actually me who said that, Alderz just pressed agree.