Snodgrass Signs (contract extension 2019)

2»

Comments

• At least it keeps Nobes away from dead ball situations. ;lol
  • Welcome.

Interested to hear the song the fans come up with, Snodgrass is a toughie.
  • Not if he falls over and is told to get up ;biggrin
  • Yeah, Nobes needs to tell him that we aren't the sort of fans who approved of diving, so he'll need to cut that out of him game whilst he's wearing our shirt.
  • Specially now that Lanzini takes penalties......
  • IronHerb said:

At least it keeps Nobes away from dead ball situations. ;lol

Lanzini has been taking them. And Payet before him ;hmm
  • and Cressa, he's good with a dead ball too.
  • Welcome Robert!

After being tempted by alderz with the idea of signing the Ox at the end of season I was led to be a little underwhelmed by this signing. However as others have stated, this lad is consistently effective in the premier league. A benefit being he should be good for us now, not 'in the future'. I hope he is a great success for us, go on Snoddy!

For comparison sake, our most effective player in the same position this season (Antonio) Vs Snodgrass as deemed by Squawka for this season prem only:

Antonio Snodgrass
    Played (Games) 21 20
    Played (mins) 1814 1710
    Passes (successful) 364 583
    Pass Accuracy (%) 72 84
    Key Passes 19 42
    Assists 3 3
    Total Shots 59 39
    Shot Accuracy (%) 43 55
    Goals Scored 8 7
    Fouls Committed 23 32
    Fouls Suffered 29 38
    Tackles made 22 20
    Tackle Success (%) 45 24
    Take Ons 52 22
    Take ons Success (%) 55 61
    Aerial Duels 41 13
    Aerial Success (%) 35 30
    Performance Score
    Position in Prem Plyrs 105 71
  • Florin

Tidied up that data a bit to make it easier to see:

Capture
  • Snodgrass should fit in well within our squad and I think he will help us get more out of those already at the club because he has final third end product and the understanding that you get from a seasoned pro and he takes responsibility on the ball. I think we will line up in Slavens preferred 4-2-3-1 with Antonio-Lanzini-Snodgrass as a fluid 3 behind the main CF because they are all able to have a real impact anywhere across the pitch, and interchanging positions will make us more potent with and without the ball. ;thumbsup
  • They are some good stats.
  • He is a proven Premiership player so we have perhaps paid a little over the odds in my view but at least we know we will get something for our money, he will make us better and enhance the squad. I think both signings are the sort of singings we would have been well to make during the summer rather than the gambles we took with non premiership players, Ayew aside.

However the need then is still the need now, a decent striker - I hope we will have something secured in the next couple of days otherwise we may have only ourselves to blame if AC picks up a knock and we struggle once again and find ourselves where we were only 6 weeks ago.
  • A solid signing IMO, but I keep thinking of him as Dr Snoddie... anyone remember him?
  • Who's the 12yo??
  • Dan Kemp, Vorse ;ok Work experience, presumably...
  • It's certainly not good on the part of his lawyer, who doesn't appear to have known whether or not his client was required to attend, and advise him accordingly. ;lol
  • It's not good on the part of Snodgrass who was driving with an unrestrained baby in the car. ;angry
  • What's that got to do with Joey Barton ;hmm
  • IronHerb said:

It's not good on the part of Snodgrass who was driving with an unrestrained baby in the car. ;angry

They should have got a taxi. It would have been OK then.
  • Will this rule him out of Monday's game?
  • I reckon my mum would have served at least twenty years as a repeat offender
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

It's not good on the part of Snodgrass who was driving with an unrestrained baby in the car. ;angry

They should have got a taxi. It would have been OK then.
    Well legal anyway.