Is it time for the agree and CMU buttons to go?

1235»

Comments

• I have read most of this post..I have no issues with anyone and respect others opinions. I am guilty of excessive levity and humour (be it a required taste).....my periods of absence are due to health problems, but try to comment when my fingers allow. I use the the buttons occasionally and with thought, not for number crunching, as it allows me to input an opinion when otherwise not feeling good. Though I have been admonished for a few faux pas find this forum a yard above some others where the language is all but colourful. My motto is smile in the face of adversity....and am Hammer through and through.....
  • Now I would have normally would have CMUpped the above comment, not because I take pleasure in other peoples health problems, but the general tone of the post brought a wry smile to my face. The "made me laugh" button is a little strong given the nature of the post so I will have to do

This ^^^^^^^

instead.
  • MadCap

Have a look at the announced discussion, where we are talking about this very thing.
  • Blimey. Even more complicated than I thought. As you say, don`t want too many buttons, but I feel there needs to be a more reserved button than "made me laugh". We are British after all. What about a "jolly good show" button.
  • Ironduke your humour never fails to make me laugh.
  • Blimey. Even more complicated than I thought. As you say, don`t want too many buttons, but I feel there needs to be a more reserved button than "made me laugh". We are British after all. What about a "jolly good show" button.

And a 'Just not cricket' button to counter the 'jolly good show' ;wahoo
  • Again, that made me smile rather than laugh. Perhaps I`m just a miserable bloomper and object to laughing....................but in the absence of an appropriate button have a MML.
  • Do away with all buttons and add a Colour words feature :>

I want to write in red Red ^1 Red ^2 Blue Red
  • Again, that made me smile rather than laugh. Perhaps I`m just a miserable bloomper and object to laughing....................but in the absence of an appropriate button have a MML.

Reminds me of a Dimitri Martin joke when ‘lol’ became a thing:

“Whenever I'm on my computer, I don't type "lol". I type "lqtm": "laugh quietly to myself". It's more honest”

;biggrin
  • Laughing Loudly Annoying Colleagues.
  • OCS

Demetri Martin is amazing

Duper Man is one of my favourite things

• I don't know if this has mentioned before but there are definitely some clandestine things going on on this site

I have just noticed there is a "points" system.

So I believe Suzanne has 76 points. I on the other hand have only 2.

It is not this fact that depresses me per se, but what does is that even IZWT has more than me (6 I think)

How on earth are these things earned?

;hmm

• It's the amount of 'reactions' your posts get. I think Grey said he tried to switch them off but they didn't go
  • I've fixed so I get most of the points.

Oops did I say that out loud ;nonono
  • I've fixed so I get most of the pints.
    Oops did I say that out loud ;nonono

Fixed it Suze ;biggrin
  • edited January 2017

I don't know if this has mentioned before but there are definitely some clandestine things going on on this site

I have just noticed there is a "points" system.

So I believe Suzanne has 76 points. I on the other hand have only 2.

It is not this fact that depresses me per se, but what does is that even IZWT has more than me (6 I think)

How on earth are these things earned?

;hmm

Yes, as alderz says, it's just a tally of your reactions (made me laugh etc ... have a look on your profile)

It is a feature of the new bit of software that has been added to the site to 'upgrade' the reactions.

I'm not sure that was what grey was trying to turn off - it was the badges and 'status' things that he wanted to get rid of. Which are not showing up on our profiles (which is the main thing), but the 'behind the scenes software' is still sending out notifications. To some people. I think. ;puzzled

In the end, I would be happy for all those points etc to be eliminated. Not sure if it is possible, though.

• I suspect there has been an outbreak of levity within these latet postings, which in my opinion can only be a good thing... ;thumbsup