January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• ;nonono

That high?
  • Apparently Brentford are unhappy with how we've structured the deal, which amounts to £12.5m.

So, what do we reckon?

£2.5m up front
    £5m if he plays 50 games for England
    £5m if he signs for Madrid before he's 30

;hmm
  • edited January 2017
    Pint of milk and a bag of ;wotsits
  • It is becoming increasingly frustrating. We've become something of a joke on social media too which isn't helpng my mood.

I get that we want the best deal for the club, but in an inflated market and in our current predicament I think we need to think about biting the preverbial bullet and paying what it takes to get one of our targets in.
  • Personally I think we should be targeting:

Dan petrescu
    Chris Bart-Williams
    Pierre van Hooijdonk
  • Personally I think we should be targeting:

Dan petrescu
    Chris Bart-Williams
    Pierre van Hooijdonk

Still lacking a winger though, bro.

So add Gary Crosby to that list ;ok
  • And Ian Woan if Dimi goes
  • 1m up front and 11.5m if he plays more than 3 games without getting injured..

Seems reasonable to me ;wink
  • Moojor, is that with PSG paying their wages ;lol
  • 1m up front for Snodgrass and 4m if its proven he's not Scottish ;cool
  • It's funny, because we think West Ham are a laughing stock on social media, but that's because we are interested in West Ham so we read things about the club.

My brother is an Arsenal fan and he says the same thing about Arsenal, I work with a couple of Spurs fans who say the same, I used to play football with Newcastle, Everton and Liverpool fans who say the same as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about what other fans are saying on social media, tbh.
  • Arsenal fans get mocked for finishing fourth.

Wish West Ham had the opportunity to be mocked for that.

I know what you're saying Alderz, and it is a good point ;ok
  • OCS ;ok

According to my brother, Arsenal get caned for:
    - Underachieving
    - Poor transfer policy
    - Rumours of big players leaving

That's basically the same as us, isn't it? Yeah they operate on a different level to us, but we know that anyone
  • Adam said:

Hants

He hasn't exactly been given a chance though has he? And when he has, he's scored. He hasn't started an EPL match but has 3 in 4 in the cups.

Adam ;ok Still untried in EPL then whereas Antonio is.
  • Bid £4m for Jose Fonte according to latest reports. They want over £10m.
  • If the Saints want over £10m for 33 year old Fonte I think we all know now what David Gold would say to that
  • Isn't Fonte's contract up in the summer?
  • Arsenal rumoured (The Times) to be loaning out Mertesacker ;wahoo

And he's currently recovering from injury ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Alderz - get on it again! ;wahoo
  • Pre injured, that's a bonus ;thumbsup
  • On the BBC Sportsday feed it says that a clause in Hogan's transfer from Rochdale to Brentford means they're owed 30% of his next transfer fee. No wonder they're holding out
  • Also, the source of the Antonio rumour (the Mail) say in their article about it that a move for Antonio is "unlikely" in this window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4105196/Chelsea-boss-Antonio-Conte-targeting-reunion-Swansea-striker-Fernando-Llorente.html
  • Really hope Chelsea get Llorente.

Then Bats must push for a loan move, IMO.
  • Thats Just mean, poor Mr Sullivan...

@TheOddsBible
    After having their 'improved' £5 million bid for Robert Snodgrass rejected, West Ham have offered 62p to Everton for Romelu
  • It's day 11 of the transfer window and no one has yet been signed. The trail of Snodgrass, Hogan and Defoe has gone cold. Jose Fonte, Michy Batshuayi and others have been added to the meida list. It would have been good to have some reinforcements for the Palace game, a must win to stay out of the relegation scrum. If the Board had a plan, it is unfolding very slowly or may be it is in the making. It is frustrating as we have some winnable matches.
  • Pengeman

And pretty much no news about a right back.

Fingers crossed they're shutting up about transfers and they'll announce a right back at some point.
  • same story every window loads of supposed bids all fail too low or not for sale
    then we end up with loan signings who are not that good .

just pay the money I know we like a deal and nobody likes being ripped off but our future premier league status depends on these signings imo .

its so blinking frustrating ;doh
  • I mean they've only had since September to identify a RB option and put the wheels in motion to have that sealed once the window opened.
  • Snodgrass signs if we pay 7.5m imo
    Fonte 6m
    Hogan 13m if we pay half up front imo .

get these deals done

oh while your at it we still need a RB .. ;weep
This discussion has been closed.