January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• £5m? ;lol
  • What, as in five zero zero zero zero zero zero?

;lol
  • Five million pounds ;lol
  • The thing is if Daniel Levy had bid £5m he'd be a spurs player
  • Yikes.

Liverpool want £20m for Sakho ;nonono

m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38573000
  • edited January 2017
    Everton agree £22m fee for Schneiderlin.
  • Snodgrass is out of contract in the summer hence the low fee
  • I thought he signed a new deal?
  • The thing is, Snodgrass probably isn't with that much more than thay, but when you see players like Sakho (£20m) and Schneiderlin (£22m) who can't get into their teams it shows how inflated the market is
  • Ah I see Snod rejected a new deal in December so is free to leave in the summer.

So £5m not too bad an offer. ;hmm
  • So lol ;hmm
  • edited January 2017
    alderz said:

The thing is, Snodgrass probably isn't with that much more than thay, but when you see players like Sakho (£20m) and Schneiderlin (£22m) who can't get into their teams it shows how inflated the market is

That's in part because it's January?
  • edited January 2017
    This is key to the do we don't we ;lol debate ;hmm
  • So, back to it.

£5m ;lol
  • 12 month contract extension was activated in December, so he's contracted until summer 2018.

So probably more ;biggrin than ;lol

;hmm
  • it doesnt matter if Snodgrass contract is up. Every club in relegation will gamble 5m ! to potentially stay in the league for 100m !!!!
  • £12.5m bid for Hogan turned down according to The Guardian.
  • My tuppence worth re Antonio,

To my mind he does not score so many headed goals through luck, they come from determination and a decent footballing brain, he gambles and puts himself into a position were he can be effective.

How many games have we seen, not just WHU but any team, where the ball comes in and it is clear that the winger should be asking the question why his forwards did not take a gamble and run in on that one.

Antonio is really pacy and a powerhouse, he intimidates defenders and gives them something to think about.

If there is anything about his game that does frustrate me is that I have seen him fall to ground a little to easily for my liking.

That aside, I would be very sorry to see him leave, unless it was for silly money that realistically you could not turn down, whereupon, I would wish him all the very best.

;ok
  • If City extended his contract it can still mean snodgrass wants out

It's not like he wanted another 12 months he was forced into it, or at least that's what I assume contract extentions are

Feel that the only way we can get Snodgrass or Defoe is if they force the move which atm doesnt look likely
  • something on my facebook popped up to say the Hammerettes are returning ;wink
  • So I see 22m gets you a Scneiderlin now but 20m only got you an Ayew in the summer, I know who I would have.

As for Antonio I think he will likely remember his frustration when first arriving at Upton park and barely getting on the pitch - he must be clued up enough to recognise that he would be in for more of the same at Chelsea. With us he is playing, scoring and feeling the love which I think he likes, he is not a sub.

I suspect Chelsea are testing us because we are keen on Batshuayi and seeing if there is any leverage in it.
  • I would also be gutted to see Antonio go.

Hypothetically, if Chelsea offered us the chance to actually BUY Batshuayi in return for selling Antonio plus £Xm, would you do it?

Considering he was one of our main targets in the summer.

Not that Chelsea would actually sell him now (he will only possibly leave on loan).
  • I wouldn't.
  • Adam said:

I would also be gutted to see Antonio go.

Hypothetically, if Chelsea offered us the chance to actually BUY Batshuayi in return for selling Antonio plus £Xm, would you do it?

Considering he was one of our main targets in the summer.

Not that Chelsea would actually sell him now (he will only possibly leave on loan).

Deffo keep Antonio and have Batsshuayi on loan. We know what we have in Antonio but not Batty boy - not set Chelsea alight much has he?
    I want Defoe back ;weep
  • Hants

He hasn't exactly been given a chance though has he? And when he has, he's scored. He hasn't started an EPL match but has 3 in 4 in the cups.
  • Paris St-Germain will allow forward Jese Rodriguez, 23, and defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak, 26, to leave. The duo are valued at £55m and news of their availability has alerted Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and West Ham. (Sun)
  • Paris St-Germain will allow forward Jese Rodriguez, 23, and defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak, 26, to leave. The duo are valued at £55m and news of their availability has alerted Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and West Ham. (Sun)

West Ham have gone with an opening bid of £10m for the pair.
This discussion has been closed.